Replacements requested and should go out this week  :bong:

Good luck with attempt no2 lol

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSO-Mark said:

Good luck with attempt no2 lol

Cheers mate, :cowboy:

Going to try with a similar plan again this time, bigger rez, better air pump,root riots, just gotta keep on it and not get distracted.

Take it easy.Jj:smokin:

• Like 2

@Jibba jabba I do have an idea and I may just for fun let the wife try it out and I'll of course document this on UK420.

I was thinking of getting a

2 gallon bucket with lid 

Cut hole for pot noodle container

Now in the pot noodle container I'm going to cover the top and use a small net pot. I'll put holes in the container just below the net pot so the water is constantly running through the container and back into the 2 gallon bucket.

It may work it may not but this is meant to be fun so I may just play along but not as an entry  lol

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

I’ll keep an eye out for @HSO-Mark‘wife’s growlol

Sounds like a cover to me?

Either way it would be good to see your growing.

I am going to use my old 30 ltr tub I have used it with success before, but flood and drain, but my secret plan is to give ample air delivery, so it looks like a fizzing frothy bubble pot noodle, I haven’t thought about the return part of it yet, sure when the bits arrive and I start playing it will all fall into place.

I’ll keep you up to date with what’s going on.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

Sounds like a cover to me?

Either way it would be good to see your growing.

No cover brother. The wife's helped me for years in multiple grow rooms but never actually grown a plant from start to finish. She's ok feeding if I've pre mixed feed and very good at holding branches in place whilst I tie them up and she's always done the after grow clean as I trim up. It's team work but she's wanted to do her own from seed to weed and this could be that chance  :bong:

Your plan sounds similar mate I assume you'll constantly be running the water through the pot? 

This is the only way in hydro I see viable with such a small pot and limited medium :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Your plan sounds similar mate I assume you'll constantly be running the water through the pot? 

Yes mate, constant flow, through multiple feed pipes hopefully.

I can only dream of my Mrs helping me with the post harvest clear out, I am happy if she cooks me dinnerlol

I am thinking of having an air chamber under the pot sealed onto it, so air going  in the bottom,water coming through the top  tho not 100%at the mo, I’ll rig up some tests. Jj

• Like 1

Evening,

Right then, the air pump turned up today, excellent.

So super silent, quieter than a whisper, pump, I get it out turn it on and fuck me the noise the thing makes, comparable to a pneumatic drill, on something soft like cardboard 

So just to give me something else to think about I’ll try and make a sound deadening box see if that helps.

On the plus side it dose anarf move some air, 30 litres a minute a bit overkill but it hasn’t all got to go in the pot.

Take it easy. Jj:hippy:

• Like 4

To be honest @buddy13 the pump I have brought is massive, weight 4/5 kilos I don’t think the lead would take the weight, not for long anyway, I am just sorting(trying) out some ply to make a box with, then pump in a big bag full box with expanding foam a jobs a gooden hopefully, I’ll update when I have some more done.Take it easy.Jj

• Like 2

why not drill some holes in the bottom of the noodle cup, put it into the lid of your big bucket ,fill it with hydroton and run a constant drip thru the top via some hose.

I reckon that  would work a treat.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Morning Uk420,

Right some extra lives turned up the other day:toldya: so I soaked one till is sunk then popped it into a root it cube, and then into the veg chamber,  a couple of days passes and I have a tap root growing out of the top:ohmygod: do I turn it over, do I leave it alone, do I try to break down the root it cube a bit, I’ll get a picture for you all to see.

Drama all the way:headpain:  

• Like 2

Right then pics,large.B0E7090A-6F59-4A81-A1F0-07EC20E2C650.jpeglarge.2A09BF4E-8126-4443-B48A-3185A7803B35.jpeg

No signs of any other rootage coming through, what do you reckon? 

Or or shall I just stop flapping and leave it be? Thanks everyone:yinyang:

Edited by Jibba jabba
Add
  • Like 1

I'd probably try and slice the cube open and re-pot right way round, only because it looks very wedged in there....? 

• Like 2