New Strains and Some Old Favourites, 8 Plant Multistrain Dinafem Adventure.

Smokebelch

I chopped them down last night and I am afraid to say all those beautiful Sweet Deep Grapefruit and Fruitbowl colas had mould forming inside them, they were not full of it and it was just starting to form between the tight gaps between the big tight cola buds. I managed to salvage some of it but the best bits are ruined. 

This as well as my small seed plants doing shite has put me on a bit of a downer. Fucking mould, I never used to get it but recently I have lost a few oz here and there and it’s starting fuck me off. I think it’s where I am getting bigger and tighter buds as my skills improve. I am pushing the 6 litre pots too far and this grow they were too rootbound and I was watering them a lot so maybe that didn’t help

The other problem I have is the buds are on a drying rack in the tent with the extract running and it’s showing 80% humidity, it hot and humid out today this is why I usually quit growing in the summer. I want to order a dehumidifier today so need to do some research, it’s a 1 bedroom flat so I don’t need a big one.

I wont be defeated, like I said I am getting a dehumidifier and I still have a shit load of bud that is ok at the moment, the killer skunk and those big fat Wonder Kush Colas seem to be mould free so it’s not a complete disaster.

Also I don’t know what is going in my prop tent with my next lot plants, 3 of them have just stopped growing, they are still green but have stopped growing, the other plants are not looking green and healthy like the usually do either, it’s bizzare. I am wondering if it’s the compost, I have a killer skunk and a wonder Kush cut in there in different compost and they are fine. I am stumped to be honest. I have ordered fresh compost and will put them in that when it arrives on tuesday.

I am off to lick my wounds, I am feeling a bit of a failure at the moment and those SDG and fruit bowl colas were so nice it makes want to cry. Luckily I don’t dwell on things for long, I have a lot of finger and scissor to enjoy and I am off work until Wednesday.

• Like 2

gutted bro....absolutely gutted for you bro.....it happened to me when I did the chocolope once....colas where so tight didnt even notice till i saw one ugly leaf.....pulled it and my finger just disappeared into a 3 oz bud.....lost the whole plant to it.

:furious::furious:

got a de humidifier now but its so hot i cant turn it on.   

• Like 2

You put so much dedication and detail into your grows I can 100% understand the fitting feeling you currently have :(

You've grown and cared for these girls for the better part of 5 months only to kick you in the balls with a reward of mold. This is not the grower or the plants fault and I would put this down to maybe environment conditions. And the outdoor weather :)

Have you had any issues like this in the past mate?

Any significant changes to your grow zone?

Sorry mate :(

You now have 2 options mate. 

1-You can get depressed, feel like you've failed and stop growing. 

2- Figure out what went wrong, shake it off and get back to work. 

Both options I've gone for in the past and can say option 2 is the best way forward. 

It won't be easy for the first few weeks. You'll questions things you know you have right then you'll think. "I know what I'm doing" then you'll be back  ;)

Only a pm away mate if you need a chat  :bong:

All the best 

Mark. 

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark Thanks for your support dude, it’s very much appreciated. Sorry I went quiet in this diary over the last few weeks, I was sulking a bit and also work is hectic at the moment.

Happily it turned out ok in the end, I brought a dehumidifier and that quickly brought the humidity down to 55% in the tent full of drying buds and I am relieved that it’s all dried ok with no signs of anymore mold. I pulled 9.5oz off the four killers, 6.5oz off the two Wonder Kushes and due to late flower mould got around 1.5oz off of each of the Sweet Deep Grapefruit and Fruitbowl plants. I have also got 2oz of mixed SDG and FB that I chopped out of the Mouldy colas which has also dried ok. Almost 1gpw, I am happy with that although I think lost around 3oz of primo colas which is a shame. 

The buds have been jarred today with Bovida 62 packs so my flower tent is free to crack on with my Dinafem new strain grow. It’s not been the smoothest of starts so far and I have been struggling a bit. Happily I just about have enough plants and I have two each of the Purps#1 and Purple Moby Dicks, this grow is mainly to test these new strains so it’s kind of worked out ok in the end.

large.E7077E50-FC7B-4CC2-B541-DA733CF4D3

large.DB30003A-B49F-4849-B4EA-874DF0138A

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 11

I am very pleased that after much patience on my part the Purps#1 that stopped growing after it germinated finally woke up and has grown into a lovely looking little lady. I topped them both a few days ago and they are getting potted up tomorrow.

I have 2 very different looking phenos, the one on the left with narrow leaves was the slow one and the one on the right looks just like my PAK from a few grows back did when it was veging, big fat indica leaves and very droopy looking.

large.1A953D89-E58E-4CF0-8CEA-C1F5D4CA35

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

Next up are the two Purple Mobys, they both look very similar, the one on the right is slightly stumpier with tighter internode spacing, both plants look like they may be PAK leaning phenos. They were topped a few days ago and will be potted up tomorrow.

large.6A439D14-B3E1-4525-BAC7-6C5F80A6AE

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

These Remo Chemo have been hard work and very slow growing, I am giving up on the smallest one, I am going to pot up and flower the other one and hopefully it will like it in the big tent with proper airflow and bigger light.

large.47EBAAAC-8B49-4FDC-948E-95818A3279

• Like 5

I have had some problems with Strawberry Amnesia and Dinachem, since they germinated they hadn’t grown much but a few days ago the Strawberry Amnesia woke up and is now growing out as it should. I will be flowering the SA but I am giving up on the Dinachem. I think my patience has paid off as I have managed to bring around the Purps1 and SA both of which looked like they were not going to make it. 

large.872F3F09-07B3-4D7E-8551-02701B98C1

• Like 5

Due to my problems I am 2 plants short so I am going to have to use my Killer Skunk and Wonder Kush cuts in this grow, these 2 cuts were going to be kept as mothers but I will flower them out and take cuts off them to make new mothers. It’s a shame it’s gone from a 100% Dinafem multistrain grow to 75% Dinafem but that’s the way it goes sometimes in this game and plans have to be amended, I am just pleased I have ended up with 8 plants to flower out.

Wonder Kush and Killer Skunk, they were shaping to be nice little mothers.

large.3C9D9B66-4226-42BF-9F52-E9B6C5709C

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

It's great to see your hard full and your spirit lifted  :)

Sorry to read that life has been tough of late, this happens mate and sometimes it's advisable to just take a break ;)

Now the break is over let's see if we can get this grow back on track :)

Remo can be quite slow in the initial stage which I think is a trait brought over from using a clone/cutting only strain. Once established they do kick in to a more vigorous growth pattern  :yep:

Both purple Moby dick look very similar in structure and growth development and you know how to treat both strawberry amnesia and Dinachem as we have seen in the past :bong:

One thing I can see across all plants is some early yellowing of those lower leaves which leads me to think not enough feed available to the plant's?

That said with a multi strain grow getting the ec/ppm correct is very hard unless you do separate batches per strain which is not really viable and time consuming  :)

What your ec/ppm brother?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

They are in compost dude so I don’t know about ec/ppm.

I haven’t given them any food yet and they are starting to get a bit hungry in those little pots, they are getting potted up tomorrow so they should green up after that and then when they get hungry in the final pots I will start giving them some fish mix.

• Like 1

I would start introducing feed mate they do look a little hungry  :)

With the compost you use does that have any built in ammendments and a n/p/k ratio?

A potting up will help and you can't go wrong with a bit of fish mix :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

It’s Plant Magic compost and is a fairly light mix, I will pot them up tomorrow, feed a bit of Fishmix and Bio Silicon and then put them in veg in the flower tent under 400w mh, cheers for the support and advise @Dinafem-Mark

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 1

On 05/06/2018 at 8:14 PM, Smokebelch said:

It’s Plant Magic compost and is a fairly light mix, I will pot them up tomorrow, feed a bit of Fishmix and Bio Silicon and then put them in veg in the flower tent under 400w mh, cheers for the support and advise @Dinafem-Mark

No problem brother  :yep:

You always do great work and I'm sure this grow will not be an exception  :)

Will look out for your next picture update mate  ;)

All the best 

Mark..