New Strains and Some Old Favourites, 8 Plant Multistrain Dinafem Adventure.

Smokebelch

This is a Dinafem diary so I am not going to post streams of photos of my other strains but I have taken a few shots just for the record.

This Fruitbowl from Karma is a monster, she has 4 huge long colas of the most stinky fruity smelling buds I have seen in a while, it’s just like tropical fruit juice. I think she will be a big big yeilder.

large.3EB4B698-EA63-4667-9D67-40FFAF6CD8

The Killer Skunk and Wonder Kush cuts are from keepers I have had around for a couple of years. I have a very short attention span and I get bored of weed very easily, that’s the reason for all the multistrain grows and popping of seeds. These 2 cuts I can honestly say I never get bored of, Killer for the day time and Wonder Kush for evenings. I want a nice big stash of these two which is why they are dominating this grow.

Wonder Kush cola

large.8CA3AEE4-3DEB-414E-AD26-CB1B35B8DA

3 x Killer Skunk plants

large.416AF209-E701-4F91-B89D-683AF4EE52

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 12

We always love to see other genetics mate and that Fruitbowl by Karma genetics looks a beautiful plant :yep:

All the best 

Mark...

• Like 2

I ended up doing other stuff for the rest of the weekend so never got around to sorting out my prop tent or germinating any seeds, the weather was nice so I was out and about.

The good news is I have wetted 10 seeds tonight, I am going to grow out 8 of them but I put in 2 extra as back ups.

They will be soaked overnight in this ice cube tray and then put into compost tomorrow after I have sorted my prop tent out. I love how tiny the Strawberry Ammy seeds are especially seeing as the one I grew out ended up being such a huge monster.

I will do a bigger update tomorrow with some Sweet Deep Grapefruit photos.

large.7698540A-6C0C-4957-85ED-03550BB947

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 6

While we wait for the seeds to soak a bit longer here are some photos of my Sweet Deep Grapefruit day 42.

I had her out of the tent for the first time last night and got a good look at her. Those very hairy buds are quite dense and heavy and are very fruity smelling. I have read good things about the flavour which is why I chose her for this grow. 

I am am off to my mums now for a full English brekkie but when I get back it’s full stream ahead with getting my prop tent ready for its new arrivals.

medium.E4BDA0E5-E86A-4DFE-88F3-343C4A9D8

large.A240D54D-859F-422C-B68E-FB2F1ADA33

large.08754FD9-06A5-4A8F-889D-A146E3C849

large.7493B897-2C1D-4AD2-99DA-1484A8CF58

large.B36CD139-E17A-4EC7-B5A6-B195134268

large.09DC2CFD-036F-4E93-B193-E024FB4B41

large.3000FBFA-46F5-4230-B42B-D9AA92947F

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 12

I have finally got my lazy arse into gear and got my prop tent set up and ready.

I have a Secret Jardin DP120 prop tent, it’s the one that comes with removable shelves which I rarely use as the bottom of the tent is big enough for my needs. 

I have two Maxibright T5 lights, one has 2 tubes and is 48w and he other has 4 tubes and is 96w. They are great for seedlings and cuts and veging small plants. I run these lights on 24/0 all of the time.

I have an old TV set top box in the tent and I put a prop tray on top of it for cuts and seeds and use it to provide some gentle heat from below. There is also a tiny tube heater that has a built in thermostat for when it gets really cold.

large.365C12E6-15DD-477A-930C-F043EC9281

large.C688FD8C-DE27-4F13-BECB-F09B3DFB83

• Like 6

I have put some Plant Magic compost into some small starter pots and watered them in and put them on top of the TV set top box in the tent. I am going to leave them in the tent for a few hours to let the freshly watered compost warm up a bit before I plant the seeds later on this afternoon.

large.E6C9AB9B-B2FB-41BF-9D6D-B3B381A123

• Like 6

The 3 small plants are 2 Killer Skunks and 1 Wonder Kush from cuts I took before flowering out my current grow. I have tried keeping mothers of these 2 over the last few years but they usually end up turning to shit pretty quickly and I have to take cuts and ditch them. I need to do more reading up on keeping mums and try and suss it out as it’s a pain keep having to take cuts of cuts to keep them going.

It’s been a productive morning and it’s nice to be up and running again, I am usually shutting down for the summer at this time of year but this year have decided to crack on with it. I would like to build up a big stash so I can have a nice long break at some stage.

large.71860B38-BB0F-453F-8C19-964110EECF

large.A0FF367A-D590-46FB-AEC9-622AF06C43

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 9

You grow some lovely plants mate. I'll tag along If you don't mind.. did you say you're in compost?  :yinyang:

• Like 3

@Openairbud Cheers for the kind words dude, yes I am a compost grower, I will post an update later about compost, what nutrients I use, pot sizes and other details later this afternoon.

I am planning on updating the diary every few days once the plants really get going and there will be lots of photos in every update so if you are interested in any of these strains grown in compost it’s well worth tagging along.

• Like 3

Here are my 2 tents, lucky I have a big bedroom as I am in a 1 bedroom flat so this lot is in my bedroom.

I don’t mind the sound of the fans as I suffer from tinnitus and it helps drown out the constant ringing in my ears, I guess lots of people of my age who grew up in the late 80s early 90s with house music and clubbing are suffering the same fate.

large.2F65E589-E9EE-46FD-BF62-8021DE2304

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 11

Nice set up dude and the sdg is looking great (so are the others). I too have some sdg that were a prize so I'm looking forward to seeing how yours does and what you think of it. Good luck with the new beans :yep:

• Like 2

@jadenugs Cheers dude, thanks for the kind words and taking time to check out my diary. I am looking forward to seeing you finish the PAKs you are running at the moment, I think you said they are pineapple smelling phenos, mine was a pineapple pheno and was very nice.

I am so glad I checked out some Dinafem gear as I now have another quality feminised breeder I can rely on for good genetics. I especially love the Dinachem from my last grow, I think it was you who said it was a bit like the Blues in the flavour department and from what I can remember from the Blues I flowered out a few years back it is similar.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

The seeds have all been sown this afternoon, the TV set box is on and gently heating the compost from below so it’s just a matter of sitting back and waiting for them to do their thing, the only seed that had cracked in the water was the Dinachem.

I am using Plant Magic compost and I like to keep things really simple, the only nutrients I will be using are Biobizz Fish Mix, Bloom and Algamic and some Plant Magic Bio silicon. I also have some epsoms salts and some TNC Mycorrmax inoculant for building the micro herd in the compost.

I will be flowering them out in 6 litre pots but I will pot up in stages so won’t really need to feed them much until they are in their finals.

Thats about it for now, just have to wait for nature to do her stuff and kick my seeds into life.

large.19D9EECA-146B-4AD2-B1FA-84C4F52AB9

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 7

Yeah man, it was me. Really nice gear the Dinachem.

Unfortunately I never did  very well with them for different reasons but the smoke was top notch ;)

All the best dude

• Like 2

@jadenugs Cheers man. It’s very nice and I hope I get the same pheno this time.

I have just had to water and feed 7 out of my 8 plants in the flower tent, it’s turning into a bit of a nightmare this grow as a couple of them were only watered yesterday and are bone dry today, the rest of them are bone dry after 2 days so it’s turning into a bit of a watering marathon especially as it’s multistrains and they all require different strengths of nutrients. I have been experimenting with long veg in 6 litre pots and this time I got it wrong and veged them up for too long in the small 6 litre pots and they are proper root bound.

The good thing is they are doing ok, they are taking on a lot of fish mix and still yellowing a little but the buds are forming nicely and some are starting to fatten up, there is only 4 weeks left now and I reckon I should be able to just about keep on top of things. I like to aim for keeping those leaves green and healthy right up until the end as I believe the healthy green leaves help the buds fatten up in the last weeks of flowering. 

Its been a great day and here are some photos of my flower tent with the light on, the Sweet Deep Grapefruit is on the raised up back row on the left of the picture.

large.801D7E05-5DF1-4B88-86C1-FDDF61D32B

large.16EFB492-F482-41D7-9DEB-3CA3D45755

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 10