New Strains and Some Old Favourites, 8 Plant Multistrain Dinafem Adventure.

Smokebelch

I have to include some photos of the Fruitbowl which is next to the SDG in the flower tent. She is a rootbound monster which needs watering every day, she has a very distinct fruity aroma which I couldn’t quiet pin point, I kept smelling her and then it suddenly came to me, she smells just like Orange Flavour Tango drink and she really does reek as well. I can’t wait to try both her and the Sweet Deep Grapefruit when they are done.

SDG on the left, Fruitbowl on the right. Both beautiful plants.

large.20E50314-FCD7-4E99-84D4-0C93DD9531

Fruitbowl Colas

large.2DC056BD-185B-4A03-B103-6D82D4DBF5

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 13

Great to see you have a full house for the planned grow dude.

Did the diesel germ ok?

The SDG and Fruitbowl are looking fabulous :yep:

• Like 2

Thats master level growing right there bro......they are making me drool...the cola's look beautiful....I'm in love

:in_love: :in_love:

• Like 3

@jadenugs As always cheers dude, I am well pleased with both the SDG and the Fruitbowl, it’s a shame about the Diesel as the third one I planted still isn’t up, I am going to keep it in the prop tent for the next few weeks and see what happens. 

@zen-ken Cheers for the kind words dude, I have been at it for 12 years and it’s only been the last few years I have really started to get good at it plus I am still learning all the time. 

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 4

I was up with the lark this morning so I decided to have a little potting up session with some of my seedlings which are quickly out growing the little seedling pots they were started in.

I am using the next size up seedling pots, some Plant Magic compost and some Mycorrmax inoculant for the roots.

large.E6F3351F-B774-4C77-9CD8-4673685ED6

• Like 6

I put a little compost in the bottom of the pot followed by a tiny bit of Mycorrmax before I put the plant on top and fill the rest of the pot with compost, I have buried them a bit deeper to lose the little bit of stretch they had after germination.

As you can see this Purple Moby Dick has rooted out the little pot nicely and is ready for a repot.

large.6C905727-9AAD-4EA7-A175-5814C7347F

This is the Mycorrmax in the bottom of the pot. If anyone is still using PM Granuals my advice is ditch that and get some of this stuff instead, it’s a lot cheaper and it’s a far superior product, I will post some photos of the furry roots once the pot is rooted out.

large.C84189FE-DB17-4AAF-AB45-EC5ED917A5

Here you can see the Dinachem potted up with the buried stem to loose the stretch it gained after it germinated, an added bonus is that new roots will grow out of the buried stem. This Dinafem seedling has some nice purple hues on the underside of the leaves.

large.DDABDC4E-5978-473B-949C-6198DED691

large.54D1FC81-81EF-40DE-AC85-314D6E1F54

Here are the newly potted plants and the very slow growing Strawberry Amy and Remo Chemo still in the little seedling pots. 

large.0284CD58-941A-45AD-9C9E-096C459560

Finally these are the Diesel, Purps1 and Remo Chemo I potted to make the numbers up after some seeds didn’t germinate, it’s a pity the Diesel hasn’t come up yet.

large.73128927-B735-4842-883A-8F0369B0D4

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, Smokebelch said:

@zen-ken Cheers for the kind words dude, I have been at it for 12 years and it’s only been the last few years I have really started to get good at it plus I am still learning all the time. 

I know the feeling :oldtoker: been doing this a long time and still consider myself very much with 'L' plates on lol lol suppose thats why im enjoying following soil grows as ive only ever done hydroponics.

• Like 3

Is a lovely bright and sunny morning and I have finished my chores so it’s time for a mid morning session before I go shopping.

This morning it’s 0.1 gram of ground up Dinachem and 2 scoops of grinder Kief in the Cloud Evo at 10 o’clock on the temp dial. I am using my whip and whip bubbler and the low temp session will set me up nice for my trip around Sainsbury’s.

large.6EBF4545-1CA3-48E3-B3EC-3E7E23D862

large.5885105C-481C-4F6A-BD5F-38FB6611A5

large.038E2290-E095-4C91-9078-706E341550

large.2CA11DD8-6AF6-441D-A21C-517D781550

• Like 9

Looking good dude, that mycorrmax is the bizz ain't it ;)

Never knew there was a whip bubbler for the vapexhale

• Like 1

@jadenugs Yes dude the Mycorrmax is a great product, to be honest I think the PM Granuals have gone to dog shit and the last few bags I brought looked to me to be mostly grey coloured rock dust, it used to be a brown mottled colour. I don’t understand why a company would take a great product like that and water it down to make it next to useless. 

Since I have swapped to Mycorrmax I am saving a load of cash and it’s a far superior product which works very well, I am still seeing fresh white furry roots coming out of the pot holes 4 weeks into flowering and my yields and general plant health has improved. If you are growing organics this product is well worth using.

On a lighter note one of my Cactus is in flower. I have recently potted them up, they were in their pots for 8 years and severely rootbound, by the way potting up a big cactus is a fecking nightmare due to the prickles, my fingers were full of them when I finished.

They are in an equal mix of sand, gravel and PM compost in some big terracotta pots on a south facing window and they are loving it.

large.9B1592E4-E831-49C6-B10C-B0EB834842

large.31074CB7-5489-4CBF-8DCD-61D3D3E7BF

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

@jadenugs That bubbler is a Vapexhale Lynx Hydratube, I got it from a Vapefiend, it’s only around £55 so is very affordable.

I really love it and I am using the Cloud a lot more than before how I have a whip bubbler.

large.F8A6B1A1-F0B6-4783-9360-A84EADE12B

large.88BD54E7-2200-478E-BB1B-A3E8E7F2B4

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 4

Yeah I've been using the mycorrmax for a couple of grows now dude and I'm liking the results. Not had PM granules for a while but the rootgrow I was using previous to Mycorrmax was like chunks of grey rock dust. AFAIAA the actual spores are contained within the chunks of rock but it's still rubbish compared to Mycorrmax. I'll be looking into more products from TNC in the future.

Your cacti are looking great mate :yep:

Yes that does sound affordable, mine is the hydra bomb I think, 80 quid to replace unless they've gone down in price.

• Like 3

After a busy week I have finally got a bit of spare time to do an update this morning. Life is hectic for me at the moment and I can only really update my diary in here on my days off work.

I am having some mixed fortunes with my small plants at the moment, they don’t seem to growing as vigorously as usual but I think it got way too hot in the prop tent last week as I have them on 24/0 lighting. I had to pot them all up as they were getting bone dry every day during the hot weather.

I have never grown at this time of year as I usually shut down for summer time so it’s all a learning curve for me. I may change the lights to 20/4 to give them a bit of down time and cool down a bit.

large.1169296E-C048-4FA8-B1D0-FE5AA0541B

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

The Purple Moby Dicks are the most vigorous of the bunch so far, they are very indica looking, the one on the left is stretching a bit and the other one is staying short and squat, both have fat indica leaves. The burns on leaves are from me putting it under the T5 with water droplets on it. 

large.18B6DCD8-6BF7-4571-BC72-F4C0166626

Next up are the two Purps#1, as you can see one of them is looking great, very vigorous and healthy, alas it looks like the other one maybe a runt, it germinated quickly and then just stopped growing, it’s not yellowing yet so I will stick with it.

large.59B1D122-9A79-429A-8C9C-080441B120

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5

The two Remo Chemos seem to be very slow growing at the moment. There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with them, they are just taking their time.

large.ACFFF66A-1881-4DFC-B214-885A8FF85F

And finally we have Dinachem on the left and Strawberry Amnesia on the right, the SA is starting off slow but is looking ok, the Dinachem is looking good and vigorous, it’s already getting some quite vivid purple hues on the leaves so it’s a different phenotype from what I had last time.

large.5B91171A-D012-4610-93F9-CE028C45B4

You can just about see the purple hues in centre of the plant, its more vivid in real life.

large.7E3D9D14-3765-4CD3-82E5-40AA511C14

I have to go out and do some chores now but I post some more pics of the flower tent and the Sweet Deep Grapefruit later this morning.

• Like 7