New Strains and Some Old Favourites, 8 Plant Multistrain Dinafem Adventure.

Smokebelch

Hi folks and welcome to my first Dinafem only multistrain diary, I did a multistrain diary in here last year but there were only 3 Dinafem plants in the grow as I had some strains from other breeders as well.

This time I am doing only Dinafem strains, the grow will be 8 plants and I plan on veging them up nice and big and hopefully end up with some big and heavy monster plants.

I will be doing two each of the new purple genetics Purple Moby Dick and The Purps#1 and one each of Dinachem, Remo Chemo, Strawberry Amnesia and Diesel.

I will update later today with some more info about my set up and plans for this grow and also why I have chosen these strains. 

It it should be lots of fun and I am sure there will plenty of ups and downs along the way.

large.D1D04982-7790-4FDD-92DF-ED99674883

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 8

Before I go any further I want to say a big thanks to Dinafem seeds and @Dinafem-Mark for the support they give to this community through this forum and also personally I have been very well looked after. I was sent a pack of each of the new Purple Strains to do a test grow on here, I have also won the photo contest twice so got 4 packs of seeds from that plus all the freebies I have had from buying off Attitude over the years. I now have nice stash of Dinafem genetics as I have brought some seeds as well.

So this grow is mainly to do a test grow of the new purple strains Purps#1 and Purple Moby Dick and I am going to flower out two of each of those.

I was going to do two Remo Chemo but I like a lot of variety so I have settled on one Remo and one Diesel, these are the strains I chose as my prize for the photo contest. I chose them because the Remo grows on here were great and I have never grown a diesel strain before and it sounds very nice in the strain descriptions.

Finally I flowered out Strawberry Amnesia and Dinafem in my last grow and they were big yielding plants and the final product is amazing and well worth doing again. I got 5oz from the Strawberry Amnesia and 4oz off the Dinachem from 6.5 litre pots, amazing results. 

Here are some photos of the Strawberry Amnesia and Dinachem, you can see why I want to do them again.

Dinachem 

large.967D2925-664A-4800-971D-F17CC4393A

large.B9764EA1-0FAE-4226-B06A-7CD2662237

Strawberry Amnesia

large.99D0E4A7-94EE-458F-AB2D-03A4A13DF5

large.B418BAD3-3D05-441D-A4CB-1DFEACA456

Both plants together.

large.531F6D50-8E8B-496C-9C74-1F012E9130

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 24

All the best with the grow buddy you sure have a nice selection, that strawberry amnesia looks well nice what sort of aroma does she give out?

atb 

• Like 4

Cheers dudes, the Strawberry Amnesia has a fruity, hazy and earthy smell and flavour, it’s a very sativa leaning high, very euphoric and positive, nice for the daytime if you have stuff to do. I took it at just over 10 weeks so it does need long flower period.

I will I’ll be wetting the seeds on Friday evening then straight into small pots of compost and in my prop tent under T5 and then left alone to get on with it.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

Now this is going to be fun :)

You've always done a fantastic job with the Dinafem brand and I foresee this grow is going to be your best :)

With our 2 new purple ladies in the mix along with Remo, diesel and the 2 strains that perfirned so well last time strawberry amnesia and DinaChem :yep:

There is most definitely some variety which will test your growing skills but from what we have seen your more than capable to take on this challenge  :yep:

Best of luck with this adventure. As always I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :)

Let the fun begin :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark cheers for the kind words dude, I do like a challenge and to be honest I would normally be shutting down now until the Autumn so who knows how it’s going to turn out, the heat and humidity of the summer months is something I am not used to so yeah it’s going to be interesting.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 1

Well we are so glad you have stayed open and I'm confident you'll combat the summer months with ease :bong:

Are you in a loft mate? I forget lol

All the best 

Mark...

• Like 1

No mate, I live in a flat and the tents are in a bedroom, I have a flat above and a flat below so it stays a lot cooler inside than outside so I reckon it will be ok for temps.

If I have humidity problems I may invest in a dehumidifier.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 3

Alright @Smokebelch :yep:

Well that Strawberry amniesia and the Dinachem look fantastic.

As I am also running purps and moby, I'll be keeping an eye on how you get on, 

Take care. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

@Jibba jabba cheers dude, they were both really nice plants to grow and I hope I get the same phenos again.

I will be soaking the seeds overnight and putting them into the pots tomorrow morning, later today I will be getting my prop tent ready for the adventures to come.

This morning I am going to go more into my set up and what’s going on in my flower tent at the moment. I have invested in new tent to replace my knackered old Secret Jardin, I went for a Green Qube 120x120x220, it is more sturdy than the SJ, the green metal poles are a nice touch. Disappointingly like every other tent I have owned there are light leaks around the zips but apart from that I am very happy with it.

Here is the tent up and running with 8 plants just starting week 6.

large.C3382C7C-D0DB-4645-B6D3-9CAF8F5BD9

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 9

I am running a 600w HPS bulb for flower, for veging I swap that out for a 400w Mh bulb. The big parabolic shade is a Lumatek Turrican and the ballast is a dimmable Lumatek digital version. I love my big parabolic shade, since I got it my yields have gone up considerably and there isn’t really any fluffy airy buds anymore.

I have a 5 inch Ruck fan pulling through a big Mountain Air carbon filter for my extract and a 4inch Ruck fan for my intake. Like the shade the Mountain Air filter was a very worthy upgrade from the Rhino filers I used in th past, it’s twice the length of the Rhino and the airflow is much better and as a result there is less stress on the fan so it runs a lot quieter.

I run two clip on fans but I have them both situated below the plant canopy just to help circulate the air, with a parabolic shade the canopy top stays cool enough without having to have a fan blowing over it.

I have a plastic drip tray in the bottom of the tent and underneath that is a Biogreen heat mat, it is run off a thermostat that has a probe that goes into one of the pots compost, I have it set on 22c and like the shade and the carbon filter it has been well worth the money I spent on it. Keeping the roots above 20c has improved the health of my plants massively.

Some photos of my set up.

large.0F82F412-A51A-4196-91F7-A2A0FA781A

large.C289C4E6-E459-452E-A42E-649AEB70BD

large.1D799DAA-BBDA-4116-87AD-1F10EEC21E

large.DB97D6A4-A564-4B0B-A553-DD2A6A2C0D

large.IMG_0388.JPG.d9cfa7138bbff5b4d95a0

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 11

And now for the really fun stuff, I have 8 plants in 6.5 litre pots in the tent that are at 5 weeks of flowering today. There are 4 x Killer Skunk cuttings, 2 x Wonder Kush cuttings and seeds plants of Karma Genetics Fruit Bowl and Dinafem Sweet Deep Grapefruit.

Over the last year or two I have been seeing how far can push getting big plants from 6.5 litre pots by veging them up for a long time in those final pots, this time I have over cooked it and the plants are proper root bound, I am watering every other day now and they are yellowing a little bit, they are taking on quite a lot nutes too, on the plus side they are forming some nice long and potentially very heavy colas and I have had to already give them some support using bamboo canes.

The SD Grapefruit is a lovely little plant, I topped her twice and have got 6 identical colas on her that are all a uniform height. She hardly stretched at all and she is sitting on top of an upturned 6.5 litre pot to bring her up level to the height of the Killers. She smells very fruity and the frost is building up nicely. Looks like good geneticsis as usual from Dinafem. This was one of my photo contest prize choices so another freebie from Dinafem.

While we are waiting for the new strains to germinate and grow in my prop tent there will not be much to see so I will keep this diary updated with photos of this Dinafem SDG up until it is chopped at around 10 weeks.

large.ABEA26C6-F11E-4DF3-84FB-FD04F19242

large.286E014D-B89F-41DF-A09E-0F68062606

large.A3F02B46-F4E5-4300-9549-DBEBF601EE

large.5A6E24FB-86E8-4D09-AF84-26A5F728AF

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 5