smokies lemon zkittles n bubba island kush test grow

smokie1 b c f c

hi , yeah they sure are looking good for this early into flower @BullBill they are at day 34 of flower today mate. :yinyang:

that is since i flipped the timer to 12/12. i flipped them on the 3rd of last month. yours are looking sweet too i was looking in your diary the other day. 

i have noticed that after week 4 of flower, they really do explode into bud growth, and into resin production mode. :hippy:

here is the best picture i took today of the bushy pheno of lemon zkittles. i have a clone of this one growing under the sunlight. the other lemon zkittles are more skunky smelling.

apart from one girl that's at the back of the tent, she smells just like the old dna lemon skunks. i will probs reveg her if good smoke, il leave some growth on the bottom at harvest, so when its dry if special, i can feed it with grow feed, and put onto 24 hours light, to reveg for cuttings. 

im about to feed them some fish mix again as that's all i have that's organic, plus seaweed and myco chum, molasses/fish mix/seaweed mix.

im thinking of giving them 3ml per liter of fish mix, as i fed 2ml last time. i dont want to burn them tho. as i know f/mix is very strong in nitrogen. 

anyone that uses fishmix for flower on here ? will 3ml be ok seems as there big bushys ? :unsure:

large.IMG_0962.JPG

• Like 6

upped the feed to 1ml per liter of myco chum. and 2ml fish mix per liter. see how they grow over the next few days. 

the myco chum has a npk of 1.0, 0 ,3.0 the fish mix has a npk of 6.0- 2.0 - 4.0. so using together should be npk of 7.0, 2.0, 7.0. so high in nitrogen, but the plants are yellowing, so deffo need some n. :yinyang:

hope in a few days they look good, and not burnt from too much nitrogen. lol 

peace.:smoke:

6 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

hi , yeah they sure are looking good for this early into flower @BullBill they are at day 34 of flower today mate. :yinyang:

that is since i flipped the timer to 12/12. i flipped them on the 3rd of last month. yours are looking sweet too i was looking in your diary the other day. 

i have noticed that after week 4 of flower, they really do explode into bud growth, and into resin production mode. :hippy:

here is the best picture i took today of the bushy pheno of lemon zkittles. i have a clone of this one growing under the sunlight. the other lemon zkittles are more skunky smelling.

apart from one girl that's at the back of the tent, she smells just like the old dna lemon skunks. i will probs reveg her if good smoke, il leave some growth on the bottom at harvest, so when its dry if special, i can feed it with grow feed, and put onto 24 hours light, to reveg for cuttings. 

im about to feed them some fish mix again as that's all i have that's organic, plus seaweed and myco chum, molasses/fish mix/seaweed mix.

im thinking of giving them 3ml per liter of fish mix, as i fed 2ml last time. i dont want to burn them tho. as i know f/mix is very strong in nitrogen. 

anyone that uses fishmix for flower on here ? will 3ml be ok seems as there big bushys ? :unsure:

large.IMG_0962.JPG

Your not getting a N lock out?? Had this issue with some candy kush i did anyway legts brush that to one side, Damn bro!! Bet you cant wait till thats ready good job man!!

• Like 1

think the most F mix i used was 2ml lol i had a habbit of burning da fuck out my plants last year, Using kalong grow liquid bat shit and boy it smells as bad if not worse than f mix haha gonna give them 1ml a L in a few days ;) mine have been in the sun and there drinking quick, 1l every 4 days and there bone dry, I'm  happy cause i had some crappy skunk#1 in some rockwool chipping thing was stunted af was gonna chuck it then i though id give it cal-mag and some organic nutes and boom growing quick and dark green :)

• Like 1

yeah im gonna buy some of that iquid bat guano, i normally use the powderd shit. 

bat guano is the best thing out for giving plants more terps/ giving much more taste. i found out my buds are sweet as when ive used bat guano. 

its strong stuff tho. and i found that without a good 7 days on just water, the ash can burn back, and smoke can be harsh. :wallbash:

but given the 7 to 10 days water til they fade, and start yellowing, gives a smooth smoke/ burn. with loads of taste. :smokin:

• Like 1

@smokie1 b c f c

Yes mate, mine are currently day 29. The front 2 really smell of grapefruit now. Back ones more of a skunky smell, But I will reserve judgment until they are finished. 

Just stuck the lemon skittlez clones I took under a 250w to veg as they we're only under a T5. They were taken 2 weeks into flower and the leaves are covered in trichomes. Very strange.

I'm in Coco, And noticed from the off these were a nute sensitive strain. Infact mines still on 2ml/l Canna coco A+B and there's not a deficiency in sight, so they can stay on it.

• Like 2

yeah @Whambud i can't wait for harvest, jars are now empty. :wallbash:

soon to be filled again all growing well mate. :yinyang:

hope yours are doing ok outdoors. :smoke:

• Like 4

These are very grapefruit eh @smokie1 b c f c ;) 

Got some aromas developing on mine now mate and not far behind yours in timings, looking really good this bud :yep:I've found her sensitive to feed at first but when in full bloom, she likes it and upped mine to 1.45 EC lately and she's loving it :v: 

• Like 2

yeah botanics there grapefruity for sure. the skunky smelling girls have a slight grapefruit smell in there. i have 2 x skunky pheno's with a lemon skunk pheno and 1 zkittles looking girl. 

ive looked online for pics of zkittles cuts. and the ones i found looked very indica/ hybrid like, with allot of wide 5 finger leafs when young, then getting the 7 finger leafs when bigger. 

ive upped the feed on mine yesterday to 3ml of b/ bizz bloom and 1m fishmix and half a ml seaweed. so hope they dont burn lol 

il report back how they are over the next few days. there drinking like camels humps, in this heat. :yinyang:

the bubba island kush now smells totally different to how it was a few weeks back, getting some fruity stink to her now. 

thanks for dropping in mate.

• Like 1

update on the grow. i have seen some spots of powdery mildew on the leafs of the odd plant. 

its due to the humidity rising to about 89% at lights out, as i was turning the outlet fan off due to noise. ive made it run better now, so ive had it running 24/7 now and humidity is in the 50's. so that will help the buds fill out better im sure. and a less chance of p/m and mold. 

you can just make out the odd spot of p/m on this pic of the zkittles dom , lemon zkittles plant. 

edit to add, im sure that the high humidity was making the odd pistil turn brown due to them getting damp at lights out, and burning up when the light comes on in the morning. so hopefully the buds will keep pumping out the hairs. the calx's are forming now, starting to swell. 

il stay on the 3ml bloom now, with the odd bit of grow/ fish mix. :yinyang:

large.IMG_0964.JPG

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
  • Like 2

been having a good look at these zkittles today, looking for any nannas or p/m . 

i have one that is smelling orangey/ lemony. 2 that are skunky, with a little orange in there. and the bushy pheno she smells of grapefruit/ skunk. a little like iced grapefruit from female seeds i run. there is time for the smells/ terp's to change tho over the next 3 weeks. im at day 38 flower today. getting a few brown hairs on the buds of the skunky ones, the zkittles looking one has pure white hairs still. 

that's why i was looking for any nanna's due to the odd brown hairs. it must of been the high humidity at lights out. due to me having the outlet fan off at night. :wallbash:

outlet fan is now running 24/7. 

humidity last night was 37% that's bang on. the min temp was 20.2c tho. il have to get the oil rad on to get it around 23c 

i have been hearing allot on youtube grow vids lately that its best to have your lights on temps as close to your lights off temps.

so if say it's at 27c lights on, and a lights off temp of 24c would be perfect. then drop the lights off temps to around 22c the last 2 weeks with a low humidity of 40%. to increase resin production and purple colors on the buds. :yinyang:

Hi smokie,your plants are looking well.

mine look a little rougher than yours but so similar and I thought the same thing as you about the pistils changing but so far have found no nanas.

I’m considering my next options and might buy another pack of these but maybe just a five pack to run with some freebie seeds and my selected Disco biscuit.

All the best with them Smokie,hope we get some stinky sour candy buds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtdog said:

Hi smokie,your plants are looking well.

mine look a little rougher than yours but so similar and I thought the same thing as you about the pistils changing but so far have found no nanas.

I’m considering my next options and might buy another pack of these but maybe just a five pack to run with some freebie seeds and my selected Disco biscuit.

All the best with them Smokie,hope we get some stinky sour candy buds.

all's kushty, thanks @dirtdog yeah the lemon skunk phenos are showing brown hairs on them all. the zkittles dom plant has very few brown hairs on, and is pumping out the goods now my friend. il get some pics of her when i can.

i found that when growing out all the old lemon skunks, dna and g/house that they did finish off fast, around the 8 week mark, the lemony pheno's can go more like 9 weeks flower, but can be picked at 8 i found. this las vegas lemon skunk must be a fast finisher, a 8 week lemon skunk pheno maybe ? :unsure:

one smells real lemony , the others more skunky, but the big one is more lime/ grapefruit smelling. to my nose anyhow. im stoned of bubble today, so. lol 

good to have a old name in here mate, i remember you from when i first joined here. i was growing out crap strains, and wanted the high grade, a few said get the killerskunks, so i did, and boom had a bumper crop of organic berry goodness. ive since lost my killer mums. :wallbash:

i see you have disco biscuit. now them have been on my list since v came out with them, that forum cookies he found looks banging mate. :yinyang:

all the best with yours dirtdog, and thanks for dropping in and comments bro. :skin_up:

edit to add a pic of the big bushy zkittles dominant girl. 

large.IMG_0963.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Smokie,a short finish would be good for me as I too am smashed on bubble(everyday) as I’ve ran out of bud but luckily built up a good hash stash.

wake n bake on bubble before work is a bit much of muchness for me though ha ha.

Cant believe we been on 420 and growing for so long now buddy,haven’t been that active for a while due to kids and DIY keeping me busy but life is flying by.

Yeah the Killer was the 1st I grew that blew me away and tried most of V’s cooking since then.

love the Disco and Premier sweet but the cuts I selected go 12 weeks which for me is a little too long hence the no weed situ here hur hur.

The shorter(z types) seem to have a thicker trichome coverage to me,what do you think?

All the best Smokie.

dd.

• Like 1