smokies lemon zkittles n bubba island kush test grow

smokie1 b c f c

You got them to the end and with a hit to put a smile on your face @smokie1 b c f c  That's enough of a success story bud :yep:  

Well done mate, smoke looked good I reckon :v: ...I've battered my stash lol, although I did ok with the end yield for the light and environmental conditions so was very happy with the Zkittles and did get some of the earlier citrus come through after the dry and jar for a while...it's got a punch too fair play :yinyang: 

• Like 1

yeah cheers @botanics it is a high thc strain for sure this lemon zkittles is, some great flavors come through in the cure your rite bro. :yep:

:oldtoker:

On 25/05/2018 at 5:40 PM, BullBill said:

Mine are just coming to the end of week 7, And I'm pretty disappointed in how this strain grows. I'm gonna run it again as I have clones, And I won't be topping these ones, see if it makes a difference.

Corrected, it was bullbill's coment, about his z's............

On 25/05/2018 at 5:02 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

ive had crazy yellowing in early flower using plant magic oldtimer organic bloom the past few years now.

if you run out of a balanced nute,.......... and just used fishmix............... that didant help head of the following yellowing of the whole plant top to bottom....

The magic old timer, or any other nute, will not be of use if the medium ph is above ph7.  In cocco, when it's new.......... a run off ph test will show a ph above 7................. but when you 1st use the new cocco for a new grow............... the preferred veg Ph for best somatic growth is "6.3"........     the cocco as it ages during grow, "Wash Out".......... will only drop the ph a small amount say 6.8.

At Ph6.8, that is the best Ph for the final flower period, as at that Ph, PK and calcium is more available than N. If N is high in your flower feed. Which it should not be....... as reducing N, after flower frames and plant stretch is over, and upping the Pk end of NPK. is the better way to get, healthy green plants all through the grow, right up to final flowering. When the "Natural Leaf Yellowing" occurs, as the plant scoffs back it mobile nute resereves stored in the frame and leaves........ AM

Ps; you want a normal grow............ no ph issues.............. drop the highly calciferous cocco medium. nothing but trouble pre flower.  if you had yellowing issues for years ?............... it may have payed to try a different grow medium than cocco before now ???  High Ph in veg Ph above 6.8-6.9, as with new cocco, at the start of the grow veg window, the high cocco ph................... prevents the plant getting onto a large frame structure before you switch to flower........... hence smaller framed plants in high ph cocco at the start of the grow.............

try this one time to compare, what would you have to loose, but a lot to gain i can tell you.................... Ph matched Gold label special mix, with ph balanced nute pack. matched and tested to the medium, from veg to flower to harvest................... you will be green all the way through, no deffs, no issues   "And No Cocco Ph Swings"............ huge frames to hang larger buds on................... ive used, tried many mediums, inc cocco once, never again though. This is the best performing hassle free medium. tap water or RO or rainwater makes no difference. But for best results keep feed within the Ph range of 6.4 to 6.8, the martini ph range.

Gold label special mix

Gold label soil A&B

Gold label Pk

Ph down nitric

Ph up silicone

Is all i ever use nowadays............... it totally Dutch, tuned, tried and tested Kit from the netherlands......... nothing i have ever used beats this combi............. not even worth looking further, after the results i have had during the last 6-8 grows....... look at my gallery pics, all on gold label........ the Gillette kit................hassle free, organic coolness, and 3 to 4 zips a dame if its XXL class. AM

well it certainly looks delicious  mate ....  i love the sound of the fruit  strains ....  ive  tried daiquari lime   and had one joint of  strawberry  cough ....  never tried any lemon or pineapple   but i have a  lemon strain  growing at the mo... probably be  end of sept... early october   to see if i get any harvest tho .... but i live in hope  lol 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grotbags said:

looks nice my man....i always like to see my plants yellowing toward the end...;)

same here mate, they smoke better when they have yellowed before the chop i find, tho we are all different and prefer diff things. 

i wasnt growing in coco so what the dude is on about now above i aint got a clue. lol 

cheers for comment grotbags

• Like 2

22 hours ago, vortex said:

well it certainly looks delicious  mate ....  i love the sound of the fruit  strains

The independant judges at high life cup liked it too...

Overall winner, champion of champions: 
LEMON ZKITTLE from Dutch Passion

Overall Highlife Cup Winner 2018. Top honors for Lemon Zkittle  (Sativa Class)

Dutch Passion’s Lemon Zkittle won 1st Prize in the Sativa Category, and was also awarded the Overall Highlife Winner Trophy. It’s a real tribute to the top grade feminized photoperiod genetics which come from Las Vegas Lemon Skunk which was crossed with Zkittle. With such outstanding parent genetics the chances of an exceptional hybridisation were good, and thats exactly what happened. This is one of the strongest varieties seen by Dutch Passion for several years, with extravagant resin production and a rich, penetrating aroma. The judges loved the top strength high and effects, and to win against such top strength competition is a real honor.      AM

Plus; Another cup to Dutch Passion..... AM

1st Prize in the Medical Category - CBD Charlotte’s Angel

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, AutoMaster said:

In cocco, when it's new.......... a run off ph test will show a ph above 7.................

I didant say you where using cocco, soz mate, it was a comment about how the yellowing can be exacerbated by high alkaline mediums, such cocco...... and is usually seen in these types of mediums, with higher standing Ph'es.    AM

The dutch passion write up states, some yellowing occurs in the strain........ as exert from write up below;

"She produces heavy yields, a fresh lemon aroma and bright green and yellow buds in bloom."

So with the phos lockout, the plant seemed to react with a greater yellowing outcome, or a greater sensitivity, to it. I didant get any yellowing during the test grow, but i was in Gold Label Special Mix, so no surprise there.       AM

Enjoy your champion of champions 2018 cup winner mate............. it's potent stunner. AM

Edited by AutoMaster

1 hour ago, H + H2O said:

Nice growing mate!

cheers , im smoking on some of the big bushy girl now,its got very smooth now after how long in the jars. very moreish with a souring sativa head high , very strong in thc for sure, id guess its in the top 20's easy. the pineapple pheno is smoking just as smooth now. there are some great pheno's to be had from the lemon zkittles for sure. i still have a few in the pack tony sent me with 1 more bubbha island kush seed. so il be germing them soon, il update on them in here, keep it all in one thread. :oldtoker:

@AutoMaster these lemon zkittles smoke very sativa dominant i find, so that's a good first place win for d/passion there:yinyang:

il dig out my nitric acid and buy a cheap ph test kit to try next grow see if it helps with yellowing, its using organic nutes like oldtimer p/magic or bio bizz its hard to keep up with the plants without burning them. or them going yellow early into flower. 

the nutes you use sound like there not organic,so you can keep them from yellowing in flower using your feed. bio bizz is a nightmare ask anyone and they will say you need bio bizz grow or fish mix, mixed into your bloom feed to stop them yellowing in flower, due to low nitrogen levels and other micro nutrients missing from the bloom mixes. plant magic used to be great with no yellowing, just green lush growth till the finish, then they came out with this new thinner mix, that is weak as fook. :wallbash:

so i have gone back to using bio bizz, il buy a bio bizz bloom too for this grow, and use fish mix once per week to keep them green till a few weeks before the chop. :yep:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

then they came out with this new thinner mix, that is weak as fook. :wallbash:

Your right there, ive had other feedback on nutrient company's diluting out their products, thereby their reputations. To buffer profits, as sales trend downwards. 

Your page one write up, didant say, but i take it smokie, you are using tap water for your feeds and nutrient mix.  If you are in an area where it is hard, or very hard tap water. ie, a lot of calcium carbonate in the tap water. The alkaline salts, from the tap water, tend to build up in the grow medium as you move a long the grow timeline.

So by near the end of the grow, say 2ltrs a day for 80 days, or around 200ltrs gone though the pot soil. The tap water salts left in the grow medium, (Alkaline Bio-Accumulation) begin to  "Raise" the mediums Ph above 7.  Causing the familiar yellowing, at the mid flower stage, due to the reduction in Po4 uptake. Which a lot of people mistake as "Cal/mag" def.

As above, not to be confused with the natural nute reclamation, right at the end of ripening. When the plant takes back the mobile nutrients, and naturally yellows (Autumn Effect)......... usually just after the flush has started !! And nutes are withheld.

The advantage of using nitric ph down (Veg), in organic mediums. Is that Ph'ing the hard tap water down to 6.5, after the nutes are added. Is that the Nitric Acid knocks down, (Counter Buffers) and dissolves the alkaline salts accumulating in the grow medium as you move through the grow.  This prevents the alkaline medium yellowing half way through the flower period, due to previously built up alkaline salts during the veg, and early flower period.

By pages 6 and 7 of this blog, the yellowing appeared, before day 34 of 12/12. By page eight, i posted the nutrient availability graph, at different Ph'es. I might infer from this, that your tap water is very hard, or highly alkaline. The pot at this stage would have had 120ltrs of tap water put through it. Which could easily elevate the medium Ph above 7. The alkaline tap salts locked in the medium, by the 120ltr stage. Could easily raise the Ph wey above Ph 7, when phos begins to be unable, or greatly slowed down.  From being assimilated, or taken up by the flowering plant at that high  medium Ph.

The Ph pen, also serves well, as when checking for soil condition via a 200ml run off test. At any stage of the grow. Flush with a Ph 6.0 bottled water, Ph'ed down to 6.0. Then if your run of is 6.8............ you know all is fine..........

However, if your run off is Ph 7.4, (Due To Prolonged Tap Water Use) simply flush medium with the Ph 6.0, (Bottled water) untill the run off is back inside the 6.5-6.7 zone. No harm done. But issues prevented before they occurred, preventative cure !! Bottled water is allways good for the flush.......... as very little salts, and Ph 6.5 right out of the 5ltr ashbeck bottle. And will flush out the tap salts clogged in the medium, we need that out by the end of a 7-10 day flush ! brings up the terps to a mental level, punches up the final power also smokie mate............ AM

Hope you enjoy the new cup winner from the 2018 Independent "High Life Cup"......... what a stunner, best to all.   AM

Edited by AutoMaster

Hey bud!! Solid looking flower!! Sorry i didnt read your whole journal, but i wanted to ask you for a detailed smell/taste and effect description of the Bubba Island Kush. I have one outdoors in full sun and am just starting to get ready for preflower. Size wise she is my smallest plant, but she is still big enough to throw out some serious bud!

Day 109

large.IMG_7786.JPG

hi @912GreenSkell that is a nice looking outdoor bubba island kush plant. all the best for a good harvest.:yinyang:

the smell and taste from the bubba i grew was that coffee / og kush thing. its a nice taste for sure with hints of fruit in there. i think itl be good for outdoors as it dont stink bad like the skunks and cheeses about. :oldtoker:

all the best with the flowering phase mate.:yep: