smokies lemon zkittles n bubba island kush test grow

smokie1 b c f c

Just after posting on this diary about potential bud rot I walked into my grow room and the first thing I saw was a dirty big brown stain on one of the zkittles,had to hack to big colas off and carefully bag them up so not to release more spores,gutted!

cut the rest of the plant down but dreading going in today to see if there’s more.

Bit of luck I will get them down without it all turning to mush but I’m against the clock now....gulp.

sorry to here that @dirtdog its a fooker i know, i feel your pain mate, ive chucked loads over the years to the dreaded furry rot. :wallbash:

that's why the other night while looking at mine, i thought im gonna have to chop, as there too dense and we had that heat wave, and high humidity last week. my temps hit 32.1c lights on last week. 

its sitting at 30c now. il be running my lights at night time for my next lot waiting to go into the tent. so il have cooler lights on temps. 

i hope you have caught it early bro, and you don't see anymore of the furr. a good tip mate that you are bound to know about, but il mention it anyway, is to cut up the bigger buds into smaller nuggets so it drys out better, and isn't dense in them tight main stem spots in the big buds, you know the bits, when you open up a bud to check for rot. and you can see where its been getting no air, and it goes a diff color inside like a dull green. 

that is what i would do mate, chop them, and cut the big tops into small golf ball nuggets to dry it faster, and get air to the insides of the dense cola's. 

sending you good vibes dd mate, may the ganja gods disperse the bud rot, from thy holly high grade. :yinyang:

i hope i see your next comments saying you caught it in time mate. 

• Like 1

morning everyone. ive been smoking some of the other lemon zkittles last night, this morning, and i have 2 pineapple smelling, tasting zkittles. :taz:

real full on pineapple smell, and taste, its devine. the buzz is very strong too. if the man from del monty was here he would say yes, and ask for a eight :skin_up:

il be reveging this one deffo, its the one that smelt lemony in flower, that has gone pure pineapple now its dry, and in the jars. 

the other one that smelt orangey in flower, is now a mix of pineapple and fruits. :smokin:

the big bushy one that i pictured last above, that looks like zkittles is kushy/ skunky tasting. anyone else got this pineapple skunk from the lemon zkittles ? it smells just like fresh pineapple juice, very noticeable as soon as its dry. that skunky wiff has now almost gone, just pure p/apple:yinyang:

Looking good in there mate.

On the budrot though, just looking at the strain I would have said it would be one to watch out for. Its sticky and dense but with just enough "Loosness" to let the mold get in. I had the same problem with Cream Caramel. I just knew from the bud formation I was going to need to keep an eye on it and sure enough come 9 weeks....

But they do look very nice. Well grown!

GV.

• Like 3

cheers @GreenVision i never got any bud rot on mine, it was dirtdog who got some on his unfortunately i hope he has sorted it out now, and got them drying out ? 

you know the one bro as you say just looking at them dense buds says watch out for mold, open me up a little. lol 

im serious loving this pineapple taste from this one lemon zkittles, she and the bubba kush has had a feed of 2ml fish mix and 2ml seaweed extract to help them with there reveg. :v:

thanks for looking in mate, hope yours are well. :smokin:

• Like 2

@smokie1 b c f c

Mines all down, Still hang drying, but so far they seem quite dense. Not quite cookie dense, But still dense, covered with orange hairs, and full of resin.

Also, The tester buds I tried I tasted no lemon at all. There's a fruity twang there but it's not lemons. 

I fucked up sort of when hanging to dry I mixed them all up. But the next batch have a weeks veg left then they are getting flowered. Depending on my impressions of this when it's fully dry and been in jars for a week, Will determine if I bother to take more clones.

But on first impressions I'm quite disappointed as I went in looking for a lemon hit. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BullBill said:

@smokie1 b c f c

Mines all down, Still hang drying, but so far they seem quite dense. Not quite cookie dense, But still dense, covered with orange hairs, and full of resin.

Also, The tester buds I tried I tasted no lemon at all. There's a fruity twang there but it's not lemons. 

I fucked up sort of when hanging to dry I mixed them all up. But the next batch have a weeks veg left then they are getting flowered. Depending on my impressions of this when it's fully dry and been in jars for a week, Will determine if I bother to take more clones.

But on first impressions I'm quite disappointed as I went in looking for a lemon hit. 

yeah i ain't getting much lemony smells or tastes either. but this pineapple pheno i have smelt a little citrusy in flower, but has changed to pineapple after drying out. hope you get some pineapple phenos. mine were the taller more sativa types that have the p/apple thing going on. i love lemony smokes, but i love pineapple just as much mate. 

if you want lemons then get some lemon amber kush from g13 seeds, great yield of super dense sticky lemony kush, real light lime green color to the buds too. that and tga/ subcool's third dimension, and jack the ripper are just as good if not better pheno's in them than super lemon haze. 

let me know how yours are smoking please when dry. hope you get the pineapple, it seems dominant, as i got 2, one full on p/apple, the other a mix of citrus and pineapple skunk. check out my third dimension diary in my sig, real lemony/ orange smoke they are. 

edit to add spelling :skin_up:

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
  • Like 2

hi all. hope everyone's cool. 

ive been trying some of this lemon zkittle's out today, its a nice smoke all the pheno's are. i prefer the pineapple one, but that jars going down the most. lol 

this one is more kushy, with a grapefruit skunk taste. loads of vivid brown/ orange hairs all over it, the others dont have as many orange hairs as this one. its a skunk thing that is im sure. 

anyhow here are a few pics i took today of the big bushy l/zkittle's tub of buds. loads of resin on them. i got the best pics i could using this phone for pics. il be buying a camera soon, for next grows. :yinyang:

large.IMG_1180.JPGlarge.IMG_1161.JPGlarge.IMG_1156.JPGlarge.IMG_1157.JPG

• Like 7

if i had to choose a favorite smoke from the 2, i would say the bubba island kush is my main go to smoke. with the pineapple flavor lemon zkittles second. i hope the bubba and p/apple reveg ok, ive left a few fan leafs on and a few small nugs, so i should have new veg growth shooting out the buds in around 17 days time. so i can take a few clones. 

il get some bud shots took of the bubbas buds when there dry, there all purple now covered in resin. :yinyang:

il take some pics of the other zkittles buds too, for those who want to see how they turned out. 

il be germing some more of the d/passion auto colorado cookies soon, as there real tasty with a thick coating of thc. i grew them on 12/12 with some photo seeds last time, so il leave them in with my next round of veg plants on 18/6 or 20/4. best autos ive grew and smoked yet these were. real candy blueberry flavor with a cookie doe taste. mmm wish i had some left. lol 

how are others lemon zkittles smoking ? any nice flavors coming through. :smokin:

• Like 1

Each of my plants did 3 and a bit oz each I think. But I blame myself partly for not using a Scrog that run, And the stretch caught me by surprise.

My scissor hash from this was a bit minty tasting, But the actual bud itself is quite sweet tasting. Deffo fruity, Bit Kushy and quite strong hit. In the jars curing, when I open and sniff, They smell very similar to a pineapple chunk I had. In all honesty this strain for me is like a stronger hitting but sub par version of Knockout from Advanced Female Seeds.

Overall not bad, But as I've now come to learn the Zkittlez, Gelato, GG#4 etc is all just bullshit hype. 

For me these seeds are not worth the money I paid to be honest, I don't taste any lemon at all, This is just my opinion on the strain, And nothing against Dutch Passion. All 10 seeds germinated, And I had no problems with these plants at all, the bud is still nice but the smoke just didn't live up to the hype I had built up in my head. I think I expected to much.

Back to Amnesia #7 for me after this next run of Lemon Zkittlez. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BullBill said:

Overall not bad, But as I've now come to learn the Zkittlez, Gelato, GG#4 etc is all just bullshit hype. 

i aint chatting shit here mate, but my zkittzo's of real gorilla seeds co of here are the fruitiest strain ive smelled in years and they was only pre flowers mate. proper candy/ fruity smell that smells real good. better than the lemons and oranges. check them out mate, there cheap too for 6 fems, plus you get freebies. 

i have 3 zkittzo's and 2 sour orange diesels waiting in my lounge under sunlight for the last plant of amherst sour diesel to finish, then il be veging them out. i have a diary on them in the real gorilla seed co indoor 2018 diarys. 

i be cloning them all, as they smell like i expected these lemon zkittles to smell. 

panik used a super skunk male to make his zkittzo's and the sour orange diesel. so i think that male he used was a better match for the zkittles to get that taste fruity. :skin_up:

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, BullBill said:

They smell very similar to a pineapple chunk I had.

forgot to say ,yes so do mine, that and a mix of iced grapefruit, the buds are solid like grapefruit too mate. hope you get a pineapple tasting girl as mine smelt a little lemony at harvest, then after being in the jar a few days it was full on pineapple tasting. :smokin:

cheers @DutchPassionTony and all at dutch passion/ uk420 for making this link up possible. and thanks for the bubba kush mate, you did say i would like them. :cheers:

its been a great grow, and i would grow them both again. tho i would use a bigger pot and veg the bubba island kush longer next time in a scrog type thing, with a net put over a few days before flowering. im reveging the bubba kush and p/apple lemon zkittles so wish them luck all. ive fed them on 2ml fish mix. 

• Like 2

@smokie1 b c f c Thanks for the diary anyway, It's been nice to have some one growing the same strain at the exact same time for reference. Also thankyou@botanics

And where can I find these seeds from panics because a few people have recommended his strains before, But I'm clueless as where to look to actually buy some. That zkittzo sounds right up my street. Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BullBill said:

@smokie1 b c f c Thanks for the diary anyway, It's been nice to have some one growing the same strain at the exact same time for reference. Also thankyou@botanics

And where can I find these seeds from panics because a few people have recommended his strains before, But I'm clueless as where to look to actually buy some. That zkittzo sounds right up my street. Thanks.

yeah if you goto home on your top left of the forum screen, then under the diff seed co' forums click on real gorilla seed co. or goto realgorillaseeds.uk its a site that sells outdoor clothing and stuff aswell as a shit load of seeds. his own work is on there under real gorilla seeds, then under feminized indoor seeds you will find the zkittzo seeds aswel as other gems like his real goril4 g/glue cross, and dosidos is his girl scout cookies. the 2 out of 3 of my zkittzo's smell like pure candy/fruits.

pm panik if your stuck mate.:yinyang: 

@BullBill his fire99 is a great kush strain, my fave so far. its made by a guy called KRK from cananda and panik got some of him to sell in the uk. it's a good rep of the fire og kush with dense solid buds if grew indoors, that smoke very strong. its a cross of fire og x cindy 99 auto, so the odd girl auto's. you will love the zkittzo's going by the smells coming of mine mate. :yinyang: