smokies lemon zkittles n bubba island kush test grow

smokie1 b c f c

14 minutes ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

@BullBill his fire99 is a great kush strain, my fave so far. its made by a guy called KRK from cananda and panik got some of him to sell in the uk. it's a good rep of the fire og kush with dense solid buds if grew indoors, that smoke very strong. its a cross of fire og x cindy 99 auto, so the odd girl auto's. you will love the zkittzo's going by the smells coming of mine mate. :yinyang:

Zkitto and dosidos #1 are going to be purchased. Thanks alot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BullBill said:

Zkitto and dosidos #1 are going to be purchased. Thanks alot.

fair play mate. you will love the smell on the zkittzo's , i have some of his regular tester seeds of platinum girl scout cookies to pop soon, il update my thread when i pop them. 

you will get freebies too with your order, hope you get some fire99 maybe. :yinyang:

• Like 1

All looking well in here buddy!

I am in week 2 with mine and they have stretched like crazy :thumbdown:

Eta.. thought i had posted this comment a while back lol lost track of what week i am now, a reckon i have 2 weeks left. Yield looks very poor but the quaility looks spot on. I have one plant that smells exactly like skittles sweets, the others are slightly pineapple/skunky. 

Edited by K-dawg
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, K-dawg said:

All looking well in here buddy!

I am in week 2 with mine and they have stretched like crazy :thumbdown:

Eta.. thought i had posted this comment a while back lol lost track of what week i am now, a reckon i have 2 weeks left. Yield looks very poor but the quaility looks spot on. I have one plant that smells exactly like skittles sweets, the others are slightly pineapple/skunky. 

cheers mate. its a nice smoke from them both. my fave so far is the bubba island kush, with the lemon zkittles pineapple pheno second fave, the smell/ taste is real pineapple. :smokin:

yeah one of mine stretched a little more than the rest, think it was about twice its hight at the end of flower from when i flipped her to 12/12. 

that one you have that smels of zkittles sounds nice. its mad with these lemon zkittles, they change there smell and flavor lots after being dryed out, and into the jars. mine smelt of oranges/ lemons at harvest, then when i tryed a joint when it was dry there was no orange or lemons, just pure pineapple skunky smells, tastes. 

my one lemon zkittles that i have a clone from that is the big bushy one in a 11 liter pot in my diary, smokes very nice now its been in the jars a week or so, i smoke a pure joint of it, and its very smooth, with a fruity grapefruit type of taste, its the one in this picture below, with loads of orange hairs like the skunks. 

i hope yours fattern up now mate, mine put allot of swell on in the last 2 weeks. hope yours smoke nice, and i hope your zkittles smelling girl is fire. sounds like yours have some pineapple smoking ones in. 

how are your buds now @dirtdog ? i hope you have them down and the rot sorted out mate. 

how are yours smoking tasting @botanics mate ? any p/apple ones bro ? 

large.IMG_1156.JPG

• Like 4

Hi @smokie1 b c f c,think I’ve got away with the bud rot as I’ve not found more and I really got in the buds to give the a good trim.

think I might have an even worse problem though,I’ve been doing some work on the house,real dusty building work and I think some may have got through into my intake and got through the women’s tights I use to filter the air as my bud doesn’t taste quite right(the first to dry).

not sure what to do as it looks like a good harvest.

not sure whether to turn it all into bubble as that will wash the fine dust out?

will keep trying and seeing but I’ve got that proper gutted sinking feeling.

dd.

32 minutes ago, dirtdog said:

Hi @smokie1 b c f c,think I’ve got away with the bud rot as I’ve not found more and I really got in the buds to give the a good trim.

think I might have an even worse problem though,I’ve been doing some work on the house,real dusty building work and I think some may have got through into my intake and got through the women’s tights I use to filter the air as my bud doesn’t taste quite right(the first to dry).

not sure what to do as it looks like a good harvest.

not sure whether to turn it all into bubble as that will wash the fine dust out?

will keep trying and seeing but I’ve got that proper gutted sinking feeling.

dd.

ahh gutted mate. maybe try a quick water wash of it ? i did that with a crop that had spider mites and wasnt flushed rite, it worked a treat washed some resin off but not much, but seems as tho its dust, brick/ sawdust it maybe rite in the middle of the buds:unsure: hope you can salvage some smoke as i can imagine the way your feeling at the min. :wallbash:

as you say bubble hash the lot, or make some dry sift, but that would maybe collect the dust too. id say bubble hash half and make some bho/ quiso oil with the other half. :yinyang:

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
  • Like 1

think I will bubble the lot at 73 micron,won’t bother with the 25 micron bag as might collect some dust.

you live and you learn aye.

thanks for the advice mucker.

dd

yeah the 73 micron bag is the best bubble i think too. the 25 micron is more plant matter and broken small resin glands. so your thinking rite to ditch that bag, or use the 25 bag and use that for some edibles ,and smoke the 73u bubble. :yinyang:

you will get some banging bubble hash from using pure lemon zkittles buds bro. i cant wait to make some more bubble with my trim, cant beet bubble from pure buds tho, ive done it a few times from outdoor trim and buds that dont smoke so nice. and its always pure full melty sticky precious lol 

how are yours smoking @BullBill any pineapple flavors. :skin_up:

• Like 1

@smokie1 b c f c Yes, all seem pineapple to me, Spicey lemon to my friend. It's a nice strain though. 

Got some Dosidos#1 going in asap. Can't wait. Going to do the Zkitzo after.

Also, free seeds I got were fast diesel.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BullBill said:

@smokie1 b c f c Yes, all seem pineapple to me, Spicey lemon to my friend. It's a nice strain though. 

Got some Dosidos#1 going in asap. Can't wait. Going to do the Zkitzo after.

Also, free seeds I got were fast diesel.

ahh them are some nice vars you have there to run. the dosidos i tried some of a friend flowered from seed and it was tasty stuff. 

yeah half of my lemon zkittles have that pineapple skunk thing to them in smell and flavor. my zkittles dom girl is now smoking like a lime/grapefruit skunk, its smooth tho like lemon strains, the pineapple ones have a hashy taste to them, smoke is earthy like kush. dense buds, and the resin on them all is thick and greasy, and is clogging up my grinder crystal catching screen. :yep:

them zkittzos i tell you your gonna love them smell wise anyhow,as i aint smoked any yet. 

thats good that you got the fast diesels i was looking at a thread on them the other day, and they look pukka, and very fast flowering. :yinyang:

if i was you i would chuck one zkittzo in with the dosidos, always good to have 2 vars at least to smoke. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/05/2018 at 5:02 PM, smokie1 b c f c said:

7 weeks and 2 days since i flipped the timer to 12/12. i took a little bud of the bushy zkittles pheno to try. it smokes nice, this pheno has a more grapefruit smell and taste. 

i have now started to lower the feed. i gave water with 1.5ml per liter of p/m catalyst/ its just thick seaweed extract.

Smokie, Hi;.......... bit baffled why you where giving high nitrogen at wk 7 of flower ?......... high nitrogen can cause issues that late in the grow, "Stunting" bud development .  You took of a few Z buds "Before The Flush" and said they where grand. Must be a good strain then, as the samples where riddled with nitrogen, when you smoked them.......

When the yellowing issue first showed up, back at page 5, i advised to check the Ph, with a run off test. You chose not to check the Ph, causing the yellowing lockout with Po4 phos, as charted and proven. So it has continued right through the grow. Reducing your harvest potential. But you say you are disappointed with the yield ??........

For someone who has grown a lot of plants, and 6k of posts, and a senior member, i am not sure you understand fully, the impact a wey off "Ph" can have on the plant via the medium it is growing in, and consequently lower yield, if lemoneene strain yield low ? then addressing the high medium Ph would have been common sense ???......

Canna Is " Ericaceous " not an alkaline loving plant. Your plant is yellowing all the way through, as you did not address the "Alkaline" Ph in the medium. Giving high nitrogen (Seaweed Extract), at wk 7 of flower, is hard to fathom. All you had to do was flush down the alkaline medium, bring the Ph range down inside 7. 

Just goes to show, you can be tinkering around the tool box for years, and still not know how to set a torque wrench.  Advice is given, as the action is proven to give the correct outcome, from hard earned experience, not at your cost, but others hard loses. And is the purpose of this website !!......... ignore it at your peril !!, or low yield, either will deni you the fruits of your input, and labors, and costs / time involved, autonomy brings risk, or low yield, as you find here.

Which we all want to get the max from, with the best flavors and head we can...........  if you get Phos lock out on the next grow, will you give high nitrogen (Seaweed) ?? or check grow medium Ph ? the root cause.  How do you reduce a high alkaline Ph in an organic grow medium, during veg or flower ?................... we all live and learn, i have browsing these pages.

The Zkittle, still delivered, even under "High" torque wrench settings.......... what did you learn from this grow ??...... what positives can you take to next grow ? was the last grow Phos deficient all the way through also ??.........    6385 posts later !!!!  

Who am i to give advice on Dutch Passion Strains ???............ one of only 6 higher experienced / tuned in culturists ever chosen by the "Dutch Passion" Genetic Master, Henk Van Dalen. To show grow, and test, and independantley checkout the strain potential, with his personal new strain development. After he watched my grows for 2yr, i got white balled by Dp current test growers into the DP "Premier Grow Team", selected by the man who discovered "Feminization Of Cannabis in 87"......... Henk van dalen  "Mr Canna Himself"

Ps; I grew the Zkittle before it was released to the community, (Off Screen), and found it trouble free, and i classed it XL yield (By Weight Not Volume), or in the order of 2.5 to 3.7oz per plant on a 6 plant average......... the nuggs are heavy........ and potent.... in show all the inheritance of the paternal and maternal lines for sure...... i recommended it be put forward to the catalogue. All the best to you.  Automaster  (Dutch Passion Premier Grow Team). Pm Tony for verification yea.

Edited by AutoMaster

lol @AutoMaster if you read my diary properly you would of read that i had problems using plant magic ot1 bloom, so swapped it for bio bizz fish mix, as the shop never had any bloom. it was a test diary really using just f/mix and s/weed .and where i live i dont know 1 person who bothers with ph in soil that is. hydro is a different thing. 

and for you to diss my growing due to it makes me laugh, i have many a grow on here in soil, with good results....

the smoke im smoking here from this grow is pure tastey herb. so on my next grow with me using the correct nutes, things will be much better, oh and i aint moaned about yield neither ? 

that was someone else. lol 

if it tastes good, i dont care for yield, of course its a bonus but i grow for taste. :oldtoker:

edit to add i will try lowering the ph this grow if they yellow badly. i heard your comment early in the thread about ph mate, i just had no ph down left, and cant find my nitric acid. 

here are a few pics from the humboldt em dogs i had in the tent with the lemon zkittles , dont look like dud growing to me . lol 

il try and lower the ph to around 6.5, but its only about ph 7 out the tap here ? 

large.IMG_1095.JPG

large.IMG_1114.JPG

large.IMG_1003.JPG

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Looks like another douche on the forum. lol

Not u smokie :)

for real, someone spat out there dummy cuz i never checked ph. i said back then i cant find my ph stuff. its not like i said your wrong you sausage lol 

some people hey. dont bother me. my buds burn smooth, and sweet due to not over feeding. i tried all the higher feeds and ph years back, and had black ash bud. so i play it safe. some crops yellow more than others, normally due to me not potting up into a big enough pot, as i cram the plants in the tent. plus the plant magic ot1 nutes is crap now, needing nitrogen in flowering just like when using bio bizz nutes, you have to feed grow and bloom to keep them from yellowing in flower. ph or no ph there gonna yellow without no nitrogen added to the organic bloom feed in flower. 

• Like 2