Spirit by Storm!

On 07/02/2024 at 19:07, murphyblue said:

Anybody recommend a brand for a normal vape just for normal day to day i can fill with juice.

Thanks @stu914 will have a google.

Murphy I use an aspire pockex its only 20 quid and comes with 2 coils..batt last a couple days and it kicks out some pretty big clouds..Well worth it.

I used disposables first but at 5/6 quid a chuck there far to expensive so highly recommend pockex 👍

Since I quit the baccy I hardly ever cough and breath much better now.. do it bro :yinyang:

• Like 2

My findings are similar to Military’s, leaning to the drier side is better and things always improve after a day or two of opening and closing the jar. You can put quite wet buds in a vape and it can work ok, it’s all pretty much dried after the first hit anyway so it sort of helps do a speed dry, but all of the vapes I have used (let’s say it’s a few) give much more flavour, bigger clouds (if thats your thing, bigger clouds help when making the…ahem…transition), extract more evenly and generally bring out way more of the potential effects from the bud in the 58% area.

Congratulations on the new toy@murphyblue, I hope you enjoy it

Edited by CuriousOrange
Forgot half a sentence
  • Like 3
On 14/02/2024 at 02:33, Military Grade said:

Not sure if it's just me but I'm finding 58% working better than 62% when they first come out of my big jars.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what are the percentages referring to? Humidity in the jar?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Bram Toker said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what are the percentages referring to? Humidity in the jar?

That's right. Legend has it that 62% is the perfect humidity for curing and storing. But legends aren't science.

• Like 1

Yeah you can get these  on amazon. There are also little boveda packs that that keep small enclosed environments at the stated humidity

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bram Toker said:

Yes mate, I prefer 58% myself, I have little devices in the jars that tell you the relative humidity and temperature. You want to avoid Boveda packs for curing, and you want to avoid drying your bud too much if it sits 55% or below in the jars it will permanently stop the curing process.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

if it sits 55% or below in the jars it will permanently stop the curing process.

I never heard this before. Could you provide a link with more information? I'm not disputing what you wrote, I just want to learn a bit more about the impact humidity has on curing.

• Like 1

@Bram Toker  Just Google it mate 👍, it's not hard to find drying and curing guides online.

This is mentioned in some of the more detailed ones, Once he humidity drops below a certain % it's full curing potential is hindered. Of course weed will still change as it sits in jars when over dried but it won't be as good as it could've been.

Drying and curing cannabis is a fine art, but with the changes in weather throughout a year you can't get everyone perfect sadly, unless you're rich lol, I have to make do in the summer with air con on drying at about 22-23c 😱, weed will still come out OK but definitely won't be as good with a longer drying.

I'm gonna hope for a cold snap right about now as I'm harvesting tonight, praying 🙏 for snow lol

Edit: The curing range is between 55-65%, Source Leafly :yep:

Not sure if this other link can be posted( sorry if not admins)

This partly covers the 55% rule

Ok link is not allowed sorry

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

Loads of good info thanks all. :yep:

@Military Grade you might be ok dude no snow but a bit of a cold snap next week or so they say.

I been struggling with humidity all week had to have my dehumidifier running in my mancave.

I chopped a week ago took me till yesterday to get humidity down below 70%.

Checked it last night was dry outside but a little squeeze and u could tell not inside.

So thinking de-stalk it and brown bag it later.

Like all new toys though i had to give the spirit a go.

Not what i was expecting if i am honest.

Apart from almost coughing up a lung it was hard to get any vapour from it.

Think it will take some getting used to.

• Like 1

@murphyblue  What temperature you running the Spirit at? I use mine at 200c.

Mine sometimes gives visible vapour on exhale some times it don't but don't let that fool you, lost count of how many times I've hit it and thought I didn't get much vapour of that go, 20 mins later I'm mashed lol.

I found using it outside in cooler weather makes it produce more vapour, I don't think it makes any difference to effects but does give you have feeling of something going into your lungs, probably not a good thing tho but I still do it lol

• Like 1

Yes dude got it set to 200c.

I just think its something that is so different been a smoker for over 40yr its gonna take some getting used to.

• Like 1

I think if you take slower long gentle pulls is stops the temperature from dropping as much in the chamber, and helps give more vape per pull.

Also is you give it 5 to 10 seconds between pulls also helps.

Does anyone else experience this or am I imagining it? 🤔

• Like 1