Spirit by Storm!

So I got to the point I had to clean it because air flow was being blocked.

Turns out you can just pull it out

large.20240219_202803.jpg.fc0a963d81face39afabb836b07fadf4.jpg

Does anyone know of something that clean as/near enough as good as iso but is safe for the rubber parts? Hot soapy water isn't that great tbh

So after using the glass mouthpiece for a little while, my verdict is I prefer it.

It seems to go a bit longer between cleans and it is easier to clean. That's enough to swing it in favour of the glass mouthpiece.

Original mouthpiece hasn't been used since but is still a worthy backup if I ain't got the to clean the glass one.

I recently bought an ultrasonic cleaner which cuts through it in seconds 

Before the ultrasonic, any parts I couldn't get my bendy brushes inside would get a good hot water rinse then soak in denture cleaning tabs and oxy clean (if required), and shake and rinse. Save the water after the soak btw in case you need to microwave it and let it soak a little longer. 

A big clothes peg or tongs can be handy for the hot rinse ... 

Would love to know what's in the DC Clear that Vapefiend sell, I'm sure there'll be something similar for degreasing or cleaning hubcaps or something in Halfords 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hippie on hill said:

I recently bought an ultrasonic cleaner which cuts through it in seconds 

I've seen these but never looked into how they fully work, I just watched this video to fill me in, Do you use a special solution or just tap water?

Not had it long to be honest but hot washing up water has been sufficient for cleaning my stems n bowls n things, so far.

It's really satisfying watching the dirt fall off and dance it's way out lol

• Like 1

@Hippie on hill  Nice, I fancy getting one, Is there any recommended for lower priced brands? Loads on the big river but some of them look poorly made tho. A bit of a minefield like USB fans lol

Edited by Military Grade

I think most of them are rebrands so I don't think it makes much difference

Some look cheap as they don't come with a basket so check for that or it'll end up costing you more 

I think I got my 3.2l machine from Vevor on on the auction site with a promo code 

Was surprised how small it was when it arrived as it will only just hold 3.2l 

So probably best to measure the biggest things you want to put in and check the specs before you buy 

• Thanks 1

@Hippie on hill  I took the plunge and got one, it was the best one I could find in it price range. Has duel transducers

large.20240228_174320.jpg.e04d1a20e37b2995ce8c72de24969253.jpg

I'll give it a go later on a few things, I wonder how well it will clean the grinder?

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

I took the plunge and got one, it was the best one I could find in it price range ..... I'll give it a go later on a few things, I wonder ....?

'Military Grade'; Fighting for the men beside him  :notworthy:

What's that one where they use a " Power Source " ~ I'm pretty sure they call 'em? And, basically, I think they pass a current through a vat of water, with rusty ..... Er. Thinking about it. Yeah.

Forget it, lads. I'm getting nicely all fucked up, again! 👌

• Haha 1

Nice 

It took about 30mins in my machine to get to the point where I could finish off cleaning my grinder with an old sonicare toothbrush

and about 5mins to put the magnet back in again lol

• Haha 1

The Ultrasonic Cleaner worked brilliantly on the rubber bits, made the whole cleaning of the glass mouthpiece so much quicker and easier. Didn't even need to use a single cotton bud either 👍

I also did my mother's jewellery rings, the difference was impressive, I can't post a pic of the before and after as she wanted to share it online, normally I stop her from posting certain things so I can post them on here but I thought I'd let her have that one lol

@Hippie on hill thanks for suggesting the idea 👍

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I used the Ultrasound Cleaner again last night, This time i desided to try and clean all parts of both the mouthpieces, To my surprise it also cleaned the metal parts really quick, It's amazing how well it works with just hot soapy water.

Definitely my go to vaporizer cleaning method from now on, Not a single drop of iso needed.

So after running the glass mouthpiece for awhile now, I thought I'd better look for a back up one just incase I broke it, so I went looking online and noticed that loads of places were sold out of the small screen packs where there was stock before, I'm guessing they have been discontinued, well managed to find a site with some left that also sold the glass mouthpiece with a 10% discount code.

large.20240316_155237.jpg.f663651ccebc7166141f65f99989009e.jpg

I know people get a vaporizer buying addiction but I'm very happy with just my Spirit and Dynavap M, I'm in for the long haul lol

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I'm very happy with just my Spirit and Dynavap M,

Do you know if either of these are good for hash?

• Like 1

I found hash in my Dynavap a bit underwhelming compared to smoking hash, the Spirit I've only tired once but that was when I first got it and was afraid of getting the vaporizer too hot(first vaporizer with a battery) lol

I have a bit of Blue Cheese hash stored away, I did plan to give that a try in the Spirit at some point, I will update here once I have 👍

• Thanks 1