Spirit by Storm!

Great tips about the screen on the herb- I haven't tried this but it's a great idea. You can also remove the screen from the ceramic filter in the mouthpiece if you wish.

Regarding the battery life: we found that you can get 90 mins of vaping if you use it on 180- but if you use higher settings the vaping time does decrease. 

• Like 2

I took the screen off the mouthpiece mate, if I'm covering the weed with a screen then there's no point keeping the one on the mouthpiece I guess?

• Like 2

Before my 4.2v wall charger for 18650 batteries arrives am I ok to carry on using a 5.0v phone charger to charge the batteries in the spirit? My guess is that worse case scenario is the battery will turn useless or reduce capacity or something. It won't affect the actual vape will it? Answers much appreciated :). Been bugging me a bit lol.

Doesn't matter now, charger has arrived. I'm going to upgrade to a nitecore or some kind of smart charger though, this is a ok thing but i'd only use the same type and brand batteries in it that are both dead so should charge at the same time and rate, or one at a time. It's doing the job well, it's a fleabay thing from China but should do for now.

• Like 1

yeah be careful with cheap chargers, cos they can overcharge the batteries, and can even catch fire! Don't leave it unattended. The Nitecore ones are good cos they've got a few safety measures built-in. :-)

• Like 1

Thanks mate :yep:. It has two slots and even then only one of them works lol. Don't worry bud I wouldn't charge anything unattended with this thing. Tbh though it seems to charge one battery well at a time and has a light that goes green when fully charged so then unplug it. It's quite a bit slower than charging through the USB in the spirit but I believe it should not charge as quick anyway. Like an hour and half to two hours when charging through usb but about 5 hours on the wall charger. Apparently these batteries take about 6 hours to charge so make sense really. 

• Like 1

Yeah, with Lithium batteries slower charging will mean the battery lasts longer in the long run. But it's OK to quick charge, apparently the real issue is the last 25% of charging, which should be done slower if possible. This is where the Nitecores are clever, cos they automatically switch to trickle charge when the battery goes up to 75% :-)

• Like 2

Thanks for the tech advice bud :yep:. I'm buying a nitecore charger on Wednesday as well as some screens and a mouthpiece. I only need one that charges two batteries really, I have 2 x 29e and 2 x 25r Samsung batteries. Need a good few of them around really imo, for me anyway lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stylish, ergonomically orgasmic, lighter clouds compared to the big hitters but nice, suitably lung toasting and still gets you to where you want. Good colour of avb afterwards and price wise an absolute bargain. Was worried about the magnetic lid but it's a good strength and sits tight. Fantastic!

If 007 used a vapourizer it'd be a Spirit, in actual fact I bet he does.

• Like 5
On 11/21/2017 at 11:44 AM, Dazza78 said:

I’ve been playing about with this vape for a while now and think for its price it’s a good deal and better then the starry

Its exactly the same as the starry though.. No doubt made in same factory.

Only difference is price and branding..

• Like 1

Just googled the starry, I never knew there was one pretty much the exact same. Maybe it's a copied design and performs different or is just simply the same thing made in the same factory. Who knows, but probably the latter.

• Like 1

It's a rebrand.

With the starry being the original if anything. They are all  xmax units ultimately.. Just rebranded with different brands. You could contact the factory and have your name put on it  if you bought enough units.

There's a few with different names but all exactly the same units...

Only difference is prices and maybe battery and accessories..

• Like 2

The accessories are the exact same by the looks of it and so is the display, only difference is the engraved logo in the ones that have the x-max logo. The starry seems to be in a lot of US stores and prices vary a lot, whereas storm spirit just seem to be in the UK shops only.

Going by the cup of tea on the display I guess they're made in the UK like? lol

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 1

It's not quite exactly the same as the Starry- though it is absolutely based on the same base unit, and manufactured to our specifications in China.

There are a few key differences; 

1. Spirit has a 2900mAh Samsung battery. This can take more recharges and gives up to 30 mins extra vaping time than the standard, low grade unbranded 2600mAh battery in Starry.

2. Spirit’s chamber and ceramic filter is 10% larger than the original Starry chamber and filter, and there is better airflow due to more holes in the chamber base and ceramic filter.

3. Spirit is packaged in high-quality, shop-friendly packaging with a manual in 6 languages. Starry packaging is low quality and the manual is only in English.

4. Spirit comes with a full one year warranty with service right here in the UK. Starry comes with 6 months warranty with service in China.

5. Spirit comes with 3 concentrate pads instead of Starry’s concentrate capsule. The pads work much better, which is why we had them custom made for Spirit.

6. Spirit’s Resin capsule is custom-made and is not available for Starry. It is different to Starry’s concentrate capsule, which does not have airflow holes in the base, so cannot be effectively used with solid resins.

7. Spirit has a stealthy and stylish design with no large logos or text on the body.

• Like 5