Spirit by Storm!

Not been online in a while and was surprised to see there was no topic here about this yet!

recently I've been using the new Spirit vape by vapefiend, its a massive improvement on the storm (which has now been passed on to a friend and fully converted them too!)
bigger chamber, big smooth tasty clouds throughout, temperature control to the degree and a really nice design..

Is anyone else using a spirit yet? I would fully recommend it to anyone! so peng man! #fuckcombustion :yep:

• Like 2

I've been considering one for a while,  the storm is getting a b:yep:it long in the tooth, and although still does the job it does have its drawbacks. The two problems I have with the storm are the lid falls off too easily filling your pockets with weed, and although the battery is replaceable I get a bit fed up charging and replacing them so often. 

How does the spirit improve on these issues?

BTW, good thread dude 

• Like 1

Thanks @some1, glad someone was paying attention because I had forgotten to start a thread about the Spirit!

@THC4METOO Spirit has a strong magnetic cap that doesn't come off in your bag or pocket. And it still has the same kind of battery, but because of Spirit's more efficient design it lasts for about 1 hour 30 at 200c.

• Like 2

No worries @vapefiend, you've outdone yourselves with this one! :yep:

@THC4METOO I went through 2 of the storm glass mouthpieces lol Broke one and lost the other!

So yeah, the magnetic top with the straw is a massive improvement, I find it much nicer to smoke through and the magnet is pretty strong. 

The mouthpiece is a bit trickier to clean, but if you take it apart and soak it in a small glass of isopropyl the resin comes off easily. 

Just make sure to let it dry off properly, then wash it through with water before you use it again!

with the storm mouthpiece I could get away with changing the gauze and soaking it in hot water every few weeks but with the spirit I give it a weekly clean to keep it fresh 

:hippy:

if your upgrading from the storm keep the old vape as a battery charger! 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, vapefiend said:

Also- if you bought your original Storm from Vapefiend, you are entitled to a 25% off upgrade discount when buying the Spirit (Valid until the end of 2017). This can only be arranged by emailing us via https://vapefiend.co.uk/contacts

Oh geez what an offer, that's definitely tipped the balance on my decision :yep:. What's the score with water tools? 

@some1 thanks for letting me know about the cleaning, and for starting the thread prompting vapefiend to mention his very generous upgrade offer, top work fellas :thumsup:

• Like 2

Oh Bugger!!

That vapefiend knows how to part me from my cash......upgraded solo to solo 2........couple of hundred........recommended btw....

and happen to have a barely used storm sitting in the drawer...........hmmm.....:g:..spirit you say.......25%, you say...........my birthday in ten days........

Oh what the hell........:wassnnme:

:yep:

• Like 5

What can I say other than well done on your excellent service @vapefiend, and a massive bigupyerself for the spirit by storm. 

I ordered yesterday and it was in my hands by 3pm today, and that was using the free delivery option so you can't get any better than that really. The vape is a lovely bit of kit, doesn't get hot like the storm and heats up at least twice as quick. The vapour is cool and tasty and it seems to do the job a lot quicker than my Herbalaire, which sometimes takes a good 20 minutes if not more to finish a session. The spirit took less than half that time to get me where I want to be, and if anything it actually hits harder. 

If anyone's looking for a decent portable vape and doesn't want to spend too much then this is what you need! 

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...

Update. I've had this little beast a month and I'm very happy with it. 

Can give you big clouds if you want them or more discreet tasty hits, and it sits nicely hidden in your hand while out and about, its also very nice to hold. Has a much faster heat up, longer battery life, and the magnetic lid is a thing of genius compared to the rubber bung connection of the original that usually ended up emptying weed in your pocket. Its not as hot as the storm either but it does get warm, though not 'hot'. It can vape up to 240 whereas my Herbalaire only goes up to 200, but even at higher temps the filter does a great job of cooling the vapour. 

Cons: the battery isn't as long lasting as they say it does, and the filters need cleaning a lot more than the storm, but you can scrape off a nice little blob of oil to wipe on a joint for some added oomph. You need to buy the optional hash chamber to use hash in it, even though its supplied with a little oil sponge I would rather have had the option to choose. Doesn't fit any of my glassware. Battery chamber is a bit of a nause to shut properly. 

Tip: to keep the filter from getting gunked up too quickly, place one of the supplied mesh filters on top of the bed of weed in the chamber. 

Summary: if you need a portable vape on a smaller budget this thing is great :yep:.

• Like 4

I agree with everything you said there about it @THC4METOO. A good little thing, does have a few little cons but imho a bit unavoidable really, after all it is vaporising weed lol. You gave me the idea so looked it up and bought it. Had it three days now and only time I smoked some weed is when I was waiting for it to charge yesterday. I'm considering a wall charger and a spare battery so should always be able to have a go when I want to instead of waiting for battery to charge. Thanks for the top tip too mate :yep:, it does get kind of annoying the bottom of the mouthpiece getting clogged and sticky icky lol.

• Like 3

@THC4METOO Keep a sewing needle aside for when the filter gets clogged up :yep:. E2a: I think going through the holes with a sewing needle makes a big difference overall tbh not just for taking the clogged bits out. Seems to have opened all the holes up a bit more I think, they seem to go a bit misshapen too I've noticed so good idea to go through them now and again imo. I've been putting a screen on top of the weed and what a huge difference, thanks for the tip mate :).

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 1