Spirit by Storm!

Gave the glass mouthpiece a clean again today, I decided to give the mesh that goes in the bottom of the camber a go in the Ultrasonic Cleaner before throwing in the bin, it was black, blocked and discoloured.

To my surprise it did a fantastic job, I lowered it in with some tweezers and waiting about 10 seconds, then gave it a gentle shake and all the crap just fell off and the colour returned back to new.

large.20240316_233041.jpg.9bdbdb69b194e8f1900fd1656551df8d.jpg

I'm gonna use it again instead of throwing in the bin 👍

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

@yan  I gave the hash ago in the Spirit, it was a bit pants tbh, I got a little buzz but the hash had hardly been used.

I think this is because the Spirit is a slower extraction device compared to my Dynavap, my Dynavap is a one hitter extraction but the Spirit is used over a few mins.

So I couldn't recommend the Spirit for hash use myself, maybe others have had better luck.

The Spirit does do dabs pretty well but i prefer my dab pen for rosin, but flower is what the Spirit does best out of the 3 material types.

Side note: I did the hash at 230c and 240c, the top half of the device got pretty warm/hot, at this point I thought this would be a good time to see how much of that heat gets to the battery, so I pulled the battery out and it wasn't even warm, no idea how they pulled that off🤔👏

• Like 1

Thanks for testing the Spirit and letting me know.
Do you have the dynacoil for your dynavap? Others have mentioned this works for hash. 

• Like 1

Na I don't own the coil, I do the sandwich method with a bit of CBD or THC flower just to stop the hash from touching the metal.

19 hours ago, Military Grade said:

just to stop the hash from touching the metal.

Could this be preventing the hash from getting to the right temperature to generate decent vapour? Perhaps the thermal conductivity of vaped flower isn't very good and the hash needs to touch the metal to enable it to get to the right temperature.

Edited-

From memory doesn't the Spirit come with a (metal) boat-shaped receptacle accessory that fits into the heating chamber for use with hash?

Newly edited-

large.20240319_113744.jpg.17b07dbb57223adda408cbf6ff63e22e.jpg

I found a picture. Have you ever tried using this gadget @Military Grade ?

Edited by Bram Toker
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Bram Toker said:

Have you ever tried using this gadget @Military Grade ?

Yes that's what I used, I bought it at the same time as the vaporizer.  

large.20240317_045457.jpg.e617a4c54f5dbf1d810a9310d7520b57.jpg

The bit you quoted is in relation to the DynaVap and the Dynacoil, not the Spirit. The DynaVap works better than the Spirit for hash even without the coil just using flower.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

I put resin and concentrates in or on a little pinch of vaping cotton to vape them in my weed vapes. 

The vape cotton soaks up the goodness when it melts, and keeps it in the bowl and stops it from just slipping down and gumming up the screen.

And you can just chuck it when it's done (and not worry about how you're gonna get it clean, like the mesh concentrate pads)

how would you clean it without the ultra sonic cleaner and no iso , What about the oven bit

soap and water ?

• Like 1

@dylant  I clean the chamber with iso and a cotton bud, being careful to avoid the rubber bit in the chamber.

The rubber bit in the chamber i just use a cotton bud only rotating as i go round, the rubber bit in the chamber don't seem to get oil build up like the mouthpiece just bud crumbs that are easy to remove.

The chamber doesn't get too bad from just bud, but I'd personally avoid soapy water on that side of the device.

There was a good deal on cotton buds in Morrisons 75p a tub, hand for the dab pen too.

large.20240318_174839.jpg.72ba88d812d49731884859d776e918a4.jpg

Edited by Military Grade