Attack of the Killer BeeZ

flighty

I've been breaking my back collecting it from him 3-4 times a year, but I know he drives past my house regular with the tractor so I asked him and he just said yeah call up when all the fresh manure is out of the way. That made my day, free poo delivered lol

• Like 4

Cool I have no idea how relevant it is to manure in this country but I found this video the other day and it made me think I've defiantly had problems with different batches of manure on the allotment 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I best get a little update in here...

I should be starting some seeds in the next few days, ready for an end of April plant out.

Also my comfrey (bocking14) is almost ready for its first trim of the season. I'll probably take a load of leaves over to a plot to dig in.

large.14913375598120.jpg

There's 4 of these in my garden.

• Like 7

@Fragg that one has one of the best spots in the garden, the others are a bit smaller, but bit far off.

@Moobman they'll get a good trim soon for week feeds, and digging in, then they'll be left to get really big ready for flower season

• Like 4

Yeah i figured that's what i might aswell do, debating to just bang autos in some pots, will save time too..

I lost 3 plots before i even started them, houses being built was gutted! 

• Like 2

I dunno about pots mate, you'd have to get all the compost in for that. It's far easier to just dig holes.

Gutted about them plots mate!

• Like 3

I'm trying out comfrey for the first time this year so I'm interested to see what you do with it. Not that I'm in a position to dig any into my plot just now, because I only recently got mine as root cuttings off ebay and they're still tiny tufts in pots in the greenhouse. But I know what rampant little fuckers they will be when they get going, so there will be tea brewing in summer.

Do you have to dig them into the plot a certain amount of time before plant-out or do they just rot down really quickly?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Black Venus said:

I'm trying out comfrey for the first time this year so I'm interested to see what you do with it. Not that I'm in a position to dig any into my plot just now, because I only recently got mine as root cuttings off ebay and they're still tiny tufts in pots in the greenhouse. But I know what rampant little fuckers they will be when they get going, so there will be tea brewing in summer.

Do you have to dig them into the plot a certain amount of time before plant-out or do they just rot down really quickly?

I have used both comfrey and nettles and had very good results. 

I did not do anything to hard. I got 2 x 20l buckets and filled 1 with comfrey and 1 with nettles around 75%for full. I then add water to cover, stir really well and cover. I let this site for 4-6 weeks mixing every other day.

You will notice after 1-3 weeks it will start to stink. After the 6 weeks I drain if liquid and bottle up :)

I then used 25-30ml/l of water and it work well :)

The nettles work great in veg and comfrey in bloom :yep:

This is just how I have done things but does work :yep:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 5