Attack of the Killer BeeZ

flighty

thought i would have a look at my comfrey...got flowers already :P 

comfrey.JPG

i'm a comfrey noob @Black Venusbut its good stuff :) The tea worked really well for tomatos and autos at home last year, i did similar to Mark but was more slap dash in the doseage rates :yep:.     A couple of plots i had last year had loads of comfrey growing wild so i did use it as a green mulch in flower, seemed ok.      I read that green mulches can rob a bit of nitrogen but probably not a problem for flowering.

• Like 1

It'll be the first time I've used comfrey at prep stage, but like Mr Wit and Mark, last year I made a tea from the leaves chucked a bit in the watering can and that's all I used in the greenhouse all year I think.

Beware the smell from well brewed tea! Where gloves when decanting or you'll stink for days, as I found out to the wife's dismay lol

• Like 6

Loving the comfrey @beezee ! I just picked leaves while walking last year, but having my own plant in my garden sounds the way forward.  Did you get yours online like black Venus?  :yinyang:

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, SlimPikins said:

An extra barrier in slug defence there as well :yep:

The giant slugs we get round here eat everything. I've only seen them this size in Wales, gonna have to get a pic of the monsters now lol

• Like 5

Got plenty of that here at home, it sticks like crazy to the Velcro gloves, can't imagine why...

• Like 3

I've a few bags here m8, bloody 3 quid a bag :eek: hazeworks uses regular with success so trialling myself at Giles. Its got additional bits but would try wild wool in your situation :yes:

• Like 1

@beezee that was not the comfrey that stunk last year mate i told you that room in the house with the oblong shape thing you got to fill it with water and get in not just on your birthday either lol.

You got that plot going well mate ,i been scouting out and about and think i will be planting on an old unused pine forest ,they have culled it and moved on to the next high side ,as we went on the hills the other day i was talking to the guys clearing they said that hill will remain empty for 2 years then they replant heheh good to chat to the owners of the land lol ,if only he knew why i was so interested .

Good luck mate and i for one and after that crown if i can get it , i am doing a few autos from the dinafem range to wink wink in pots in the garden .

I am also doing seed run this year so again watch out lol.

stay safe grow well

ps ok guys and girls we got to lure them killer monster slugs to beezee plot lol

• Like 4

lol@noddy didn't you know we still have a bath in front of the fire here, no wonder I was confused ha ha ha

That's good info on the forestry land, don't forget to chuck some lime down.

Good luck to you too

• Like 3

Hi folks, just to let you know that if you ferment the comfry leaves and collect the juice you can use this as a fert and it doesn't smell at all. It's got the added advantage of being concentrated so you can store it easy.

Atb Mokka

• Like 4

Beezee!you mention throwing the lime down???? Do it indoors,but outside?Same benefits?

Thanks CHEVEY 

• Like 2

@beezee i was thinking that because if i am not mistaken pine plantations when cleared leave the land a bit on the acidic side ,we are off there again this weekend to make sure it is not being touched ,then i can plan more as it is not to bad to get to but i think i could see posts that look like there may be a barbwire fence ,we can park within 1.2 mile so not to far to hike stuff either lol.

but most work will be done during the week when no one goes walking much compared to weekends.

stay safe grow well

• Like 4

@mokka do you mean just put the leaves in water and keep them there for a long time?

@Chevey I'd use lime to raise the PH of the soil, pine forests are very acidic.

@noddy good idea, take some supplies with you at the same time.

• Like 3