Rab's 3 girls one cup sweet seeds competition diary

rabthegrower

Good diary so far rab, i like this diary scouting, see lots of different stuff, led's waterfarms etc feeling my techniques are very basic compared to alot of folks

• Like 1

Hello again. Thanks for the nice comments ;) I'm pretty surprised nobody is growing in waterfarms, its a great old as the hills hydroponic system, its almost fool-proof (i'll be testing that out this grow) very simple to use and maintain (lucky for me as you will hear) just like dwc. I can get away with changing the water and nutrients one time a week, I don't need to top them up or check them, just set it at 420ppm and change it on a Friday. Basically I've just been putting the light on and off. just letting them get on with it. I'm pretty ill at the moment and not able to do much. I almost fell into the side of the flower tent putting on a fan yesterday, then I had an massive angina attack, it was like I'm going to die! not good so, i'm doing F all for a bit. I'm just watching the grass grow for now ;)

• Like 7

@@tom68 @@botanics @Green-Trialist Thanks for the kind words :) I did as instructed and am feeling much better, think I just been overdoing things. I forget I'm not young no more, the old ticker can't take it ;)

@@amsterdam Thanks mate, I got another drawing for later when I move into the flower tent ;) @@Elvis Reg An outdoor grower said to me one time "you use the power in the water the way I use the power of the sun" I thought that was pretty cool :) As long as you feed the plants the right amount for the stage of growth it is at and change the water- nutrients weekly its pretty simple way to grow nice big plants. Thanks for looking at my diary

take it easy like me ;)

Edited by rabthegrower
  • Like 6

Hello again after a wee bit of illness I’m back fighting fit (not) and raring to go After a week of me just putting the light on and off they are all doing fine. Its a bit of a waiting game, running big 12 inch net pots it takes a bit of time for the plants to establish themselves, same goes for the waterfarm when they get there the growth becomes much faster, honest!... lol...

gallery_48497_14110_138782.jpg

The S.A.D S1 Wild Rose and Psicodelica in the waterfarm are a wee bit ahead of the 3 in dwc. They look happy and i’m just doing gentile LST on them bending them in the direction I want them to grow. I’ll top and train them as they grow. EC is set at 0.4 280ppm PH 6.0 in both systems

gallery_48497_14110_206183.jpg

The roots are showing out the bottom of the waterfarm, I added an airstone into the bottom section for a combo dwc/waterfarm. I would say the waterfarm is a wee bit ahead of the DWC but its catching up fast. This is the roots coming out the dwc net pot

gallery_48497_14110_466770.jpg

The roots are getting there slowly but surely, its progressing just right, I still got 3 weeks to go before the flower tent is empty and they should be well established by the time I move them in there

gallery_48497_14110_54158.jpg

I’m still a bit worried about my plant numbers, I hardly ever run this many plants, 6 is a lot of plants for me... lol...I just need to remember don’t grow them too big rab

gallery_48497_14110_484066.jpg

Last picture is what the tent looks like today

gallery_48497_14110_479429.jpg

I’m really enjoying the competition and reading as many of the other diaries as I can. how do you guys keep track of all this??? cracking stuff anyway :)

Edited by rabthegrower
  • Like 9

@@MrGreens its a super simple way to grow but you can't mess up bad, its pretty unforgiving, no buffer between roots and the nutrients. I just keep it on the low side nutrient wise and everything is fine. the leafs tell you what is happening, the good thing is if you see the plants is telling you something is wrong then you can fix it fast. I seen the start of burnt tips in the dwc bucket last week and changed the nutrients with lower strength right away. practice makes perfect ;)

Edited by rabthegrower
  • Like 6