Rab's 3 girls one cup sweet seeds competition diary

rabthegrower

Thanks for running such a great competition Jayyp,Tommy and all the sweet seeds family.

Hello and welcome to my Sweet seeds competition diary. I thought I would kick things off with a drawing (since i’m an artist) as a way of introduction.

gallery_48497_14110_177349.jpg

As you can see I went for Psicodelicia, Wild Rose and Sweet Afgani Delicious. My choices were easy as i’ve wanted to grow wild rose for years, Psicodelicia is in a book i’ve got and Sweet Afgani Delicious just sounds excellent ;)

I love growing in water so whatever system I use it will be water based, nft,dwc, r-dwc or waterfarm. I’ve got a few options maybe try 3 girls one cup again... lol... This is the setup for this grow. No1 a mop of course ; )

Small veg tent 60x60x80cm

Light: 300w CFL euro shade

Heated propagator

Small Desk fan for air movment

Flower Tent 1.2m (GreenQube)

Environmental Controller G SE set at 25c, 70% humidity lowering to 50% late in grow

600w Hps with a 5” air-cool shade

2 5” inline fans (one for filter, one for shade)

2 6” desk fans (one high, one low)

1m scrog net

Nutrients are simple GHE 3 part formula

Grow, Micro, Bloom

Cal-mag

Superthrive

Silicon (ph up)

Lemon juice (ph down)

I’ve got H2O2 for if I see any root rot and TaNiLin for if I see any fungus gnats. I will be using EC truncheon and PH meter to keep everything in happy zone for hydroponics

Lets get growing, the seeds and lovely catalogue got here really fast (within two days) Fantastic!

gallery_48497_14110_459943.jpg

I put them straight in some room temperature water over night

gallery_48497_14110_483026.jpg

then transfer directly into Jiffy pots and put them in the heated propagator with the lid on just to stop the coco pots drying out.

gallery_48497_14110_360246.jpg

Keeping a close eye on how heavy the coco pots are and keep them wet but not soaking. You get a feeling for it

gallery_48497_14110_412447.jpg

I used the paper towel method for years, then tried this way and its just as good so far

gallery_48497_14110_432175.jpg

Within one day the seedlings are starting to show

gallery_48497_14110_510153.jpg

Over the next few days all the seedlings made it the to surface

gallery_48497_14110_145758.jpg

This was the 1st seed to show S.A.D S1 won that round

gallery_48497_14110_364185.jpg

I’ll see how much they stretch and decide if they are going into grodan block or into clay pebbles

gallery_48497_14110_88247.jpg

Sorry this is such a big first post I just wanted to cover how I start out in detail ;)

I got six weeks to wait until the flower tent is empty , then the fun will really start. I’ll do another update soon as anything is happening. Bye for now : )

Edited by rabthegrower
  • Like 24

a beautiful start rab ..and as far as ive seen the only diary for wild rose on here ..but dont quote me on that ..be good to see a wild rose to completion ..all the best chap

• Like 5

Guest morten arthursson

Thanks Rab i will perch in the corner quietly

ATB with these

Edited by morten arthursson

Thanks for the kind works and warm welcome to the competition, thanks guys :)

@@MrGreens

I just started using jiffy coco pots this year and it just seems the right way to do it with them. it also means I don't damage the tap root when transfer into whatever medium I'm growing in ;)

Edited by rabthegrower
  • Like 2

@@rabthegrower

Cracking opener Rab, really good mate and that artwork man :yes: You're a talented fella, really like that touch and the work you've put into it is fantastic, i'm in for this and looking forward to the show mate :lucky:

Edited by botanics
  • Like 3

Hi mate first of welcome to the comp an good luck

Looks like your off to a great start sounds like a nice setup you have should be a good one to watch if I may

• Like 4