Rab's 3 girls one cup sweet seeds competition diary

rabthegrower

Cheers rabthegrower :oldtoker: , welcome to the comp and thanks for the nice start, plants look very nice my friend.

Keep us updated, it will be interesting for sure ;)

All the best and Sweet smokes!

jaypp

• Like 3

Thanks Jaypp (sorry about spelling your name wrong 1st time)

It was a week yesterday from when the seeds fell on my doorstep and they are making good progress

gallery_48497_14110_495656.jpg

The heated propagator works great, the two Sweet Afgani Delicious have rooted fine

gallery_48497_14110_491395.jpg

As have the Wild Rose

gallery_48497_14110_484515.jpg

Only 1 Psicodelicia is giving me hassles that one the seed sank soon as I put it in the water, then took its time appearing. I'll give it every chance but it looks like I am down to 5 ;)

gallery_48497_14110_196297.jpg

lucky for me my grodan blocks arrived just in time or the would have been going directly into clay pebbles, I did that on my current grow and the plants are very unstable,best to use a bit of grodan for a better bass before it goes into the pebbles. I soaked them overnight in low strength nutrient

gallery_48497_14110_195903.jpg

I got 3 inch blocks and had to cut holes myself (get the right ones next time) what a mess...lol...they are in now

gallery_48497_14110_48937.jpg

That's about it for now, all I need to do now is let them root through the blocks over the next week or so :) then they should not need much feeding, i'll just make sure the blocks stay moist (what a great word that is) but not soaking ;)

All the best for Christmas have a great time :)

• Like 19

Hello again :) Sorry about the lack of updates, i'm just not used to documenting early veg, nothing much happens to my plants for a long time, I like BIG plants in my tent so I just let them grow for a bit. I'm still undecided as to how i'm doing this grow??? here are a couple of pictures how its looking now :)

You might notice all 6 made it after all :) that wee one just got off to a bad start but is catching up fast, I just noticed the bright spot in this picture and will be move the plants about so each gets a turn in that middle bright spot ;)

gallery_48497_14110_10866.jpg

they are rotting nicely and should be getting moved into whatever system I'm using this week (if I can make my mind up?)

gallery_48497_14110_54438.jpg

Thanks for looking at my dairy :)

• Like 19

Looking healthy Rab,

Hope you don't mind me asking, was having a nose through your gallery and notice you've switched from the air cooled hood (is it a goldstar 6") and just wondered your reasoning? I've got the 5" one and at first struggled even with a 250W. Once that grow was over I redid all the ducting - straightening and cutting to make it tight and it made a world of diffence. Is the reflector a Euro shade? Not that I know, mind you, but thought the Goldstar was a better reflector - so wondered why you switched and not just remove the glass.

Again apologies if this is all a bit random, as said I've got the same make so interested to see what others feedback is on them.

Hope you're in rude health fella.

• Like 1

Hi @ Teeth It's the light footprint mate, once the plant got past a certain point it don't cover the 1.2m. If I could have kept it at the scrog net level it would be fine or if I could get the light higher...I hope this makes sense in some sense ;)

• Like 3

enjoying the diary @@rabthegrower

sure to learn something about water based growing which might be a future skill with value.

also the strains are ones which I found to be of interest but you have to pick 3 in the end!

good vibes on the rest

Guest StonerCol

Off to a flying start Rab :thumsup:

Your method is completely alien to me bud so I am learning something which is great! Looking forward to following along and seeing some great plants :yes:

Best of luck and ATB for the comp and 2017 :rockon:

Cheers,

Col :oldtoker:

E2a - Glad number 6 perked up and came to the party! :yahoo:

Edited by StonerCol