Rab's 3 girls one cup sweet seeds competition diary

rabthegrower

Good start bro.. did well to get all 6 going, it's not uncommon to get a runt, in fact the runts can sometimes end up strong beasts haha

Atb with is mate. Happy growing

• Like 3

Lookin good there Rab :yep: as vinny says nice to see wild rose gettin a showin I did her in one of the older diary comps I think nice smoke

Aw the best

• Like 3

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas and a Happy new year to everyone on UK420.com

Thanks for the encouragement guys

About time I got on with this grow. I was still undecided as to how I would do this grow. I ordered some clay pebbles and when they arrive I did not like the look of them so I order some more and got the right ones this time

The plants were looking pretty hungry so it was time to get them moved

gallery_48497_14110_288323.jpg

In the end i’ve gone for 2x3 girls one cup, I could not bring myself to chuck 3 of them away so its 3 in dwc and 3 in a waterfarm. I was almost doing nft as well but running 3 hydroponic systems would just be showing off...lol...

gallery_48497_14110_44960.jpg

Starting the dwc in a 5inch net pot in a 20ltr bucket small air pump and air stone, moving up to 45ltr bucket when they get moved into flower tent. Nutrients are set at 280ppm and the water level in the bucket is just below the blocks in the net pot

gallery_48497_14110_188404.jpg

when the roots start to appear I will lower the level to the bottom of the net pot. I put about 1-2 inches of pebbles in the bottom of the net pot then put the plants in (colour coded so I know what plant is what)

gallery_48497_14110_429060.jpg

I’ve not used the waterfarm in a good few years so it will be fun growing in that again I’ve set this the same as the dwc 280ppm and PH at6.0 ish. Unlike in the dwc.

gallery_48497_14110_56148.jpg

i’m not looking to get the roots into the water i’m looking to get them to fill the top section like it would root in a pot.

gallery_48497_14110_237072.jpg

For the first couple of weeks i’ll hand water both systems pouring the same nutrients back into the systems with a jug.

I will be changing the nutrients every week in both systems and gradually increase the nutrients as the plants get bigger.

How the veg tent looks tonight

gallery_48497_14110_23261.jpg

Did I forget to say I made the black covers for the grodan blocks, it just prevents algae growing on the block but no harm if you let it grow, I’ve had bright green blocks in the past and the grows were fine. What I do when they are in the blocks like this is make up 3-4ltr of 140ppm ph,6.0 ish PH can be a bit higher or a bit lower as long as its in the happy zone 5.5 to 6.5 its cool. I just dunk them half way in for 3 seconds and that’s them for a few days. Pick them up to see how heavy they are every day, you can feel when they get light and do the same again. I think that’s me for now I hope this makes sense in some sense. if I missed anything just say ;) thanks for looking ..I almost forgot my mop picture... I did say I was an artist so an artsy picture for you...lol...

gallery_48497_14110_55502.jpg

• Like 18

Easy bro.. happy new year to you!!

I see you have been hard at it.. really up and running now.

So neat and clean!! a fine example :)

until next time my friend

• Like 1

@@rabthegrower

Excellent update Rab on all this water farming business mate :yep: and ooh err, look at this mop nirvana :naughty: you just cranked the dial up to 11 on the moppage :naughty:

Looking top notch mate :v:

Edited by botanics
  • Like 1