Bubba Kush Auto in my perpetual grow

Fragg

Hey @@Gerfish thanks for popping in mate and having a butchers, glad you found it useful too :)

Have you had a look at my 2 CBD diaries as yet? As a pain sufferer I think you will find them useful mate ;)

Smoke report incoming soon on the Haze CBD but the IPCBD, a stronger CBD strain has been done for ages and I have had it my grow ever since I first tried her :oldtoker:

ATB with finding what works for you :)

• Like 1

Better late than never here is my diary for Dinafem's Bubba Kush Auto for the generous seeds for diary giveaway earlier in the year. Respect to @@Dinafem-Mark for setting all this up and letting us all have a crack at their genetics :notworthy:

Its always hard to choose strains plus I always have the medical/pain relief properties highest on my agenda but I was rather taken by the blurb on the Dinafem website on the photo version ...

"Bubba Kush cannabis seeds by Dinafem Seeds belong to a feminized, Indica-dominant cannabis strain that results from our elite clone Pre'98 Bubba Kush. This variety is probably one of the best Indicas in the world and we are proud to offer this legend.

It is no coincidence that Bubba Kush makes part of the 10 most renowned strains in America."

Then it goes on to say about the auto version....

"Bubba Kush Auto cannabis seed has been created to provide growers with an autoflowering version of this wonderful Californian cannabis strain. It is a great fast-flowering easy-to-grow vigorous marijuana plant that yields good amounts of beautiful round compact buds full of resin. This cannabis seed is suitable for growers of all levels and for those seeking a cannabis strain with medical properties."

Wow I thought to myself.... it would be rude not to :)

This will be my third Dinafem diary and I'm already a massive fan of their strains not one has disappointed indeed each has produced raised eyebrows of pleasant surprise on first spliff :skin_up: As well as the the ones I've run diaries on I've also grown out the Cheese and the Blue Amnesia XXL.

Right so enough preamble lets get on with the main event Bubba Kush :yahoo:

I did my usual starting process into a shot glass in the airing cupboard for 24 hours tapping after 12 hours to make her sink, then planting straight into a prewatered 20l Airpot, 0.5cm deep and lightly covered, I dont water again as the pot is still wet enough. I then cover the pot with clingfilm and put under the T5 for warmth this creates really high humidity, literally dripping wet and seeds seem to like it as I have them above ground after 48 hours without fail :)

I will be using my own organic soil that I ammended with the following when I made the pot up: 2l Fresh worm castings, MyCorMax, Neem Meal, Ecothrive Charge, Rock Dust and a little Malted Barley Powder. The top qtr of the pot I only used MyCorMax to keep it gentle while she is a baby :wub: Once she was above ground I covered the top surface with river gravel from the river next to me to act as a barrier for sciarid flies.

So as per usual she was above ground after 48 hours, the next 10 days are always a bit nerve wracking, hoping that they get out of the gates without a hitch. Every single day counts with autos is something I'm painfully aware of....so fingers crossed!!

So here she is on her first day above ground I call this day 2 as I count from germination, I know many start counting when its above ground but I do it from when life begins :yinyang:

gallery_94435_14054_49224.jpg

So off to a cracking start and I'm really looking forward to trying the legend that is Bubba Kush, I do like a good couch lock effect as it helps me sleep. I will be doing a report at the end from both my wife and my POV regarding pain relief/medical effects as this is my main reason for growing.

Thats it for the first update let hope she does well :)

Keep it green all :oldtoker:

Don't reckon I've ever had a seed pop and look like that after two days must be banging genetics, may have to buy some and looking a lovely plant later on, hats off. :v:

• Like 3

@@nughead tbh mate I keep getting this from Dinafem beans they fly from the start which is vital in an auto given every day counts. You really cant go wrong with them they have clearly spent time choosing vigorous genetics :)

• Like 6

@@Fragg Thank you for dedicating your post to Franco. As you said he had a great passion for the cannabis plant and a great loss to the cannabis industry. He was a great guy who will be very deeply missed :( .

@@nughead this is great to hear. You will have very little issues with our genetics and if you do you can always contact me and I'll do my best to help the issue :) yours for just 36-48hrs is looking very healthy :) these high cbd strains really have done what we wanted so maybe, just maybe more will be coming very soon :)

@@Fragg thanks for the update mate much appreciated.

Until the next update :oldtoker: keep up the great work!

All the best

D-M.

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark thanks mate I'm going to have to re watch all the Strainhunters again soon, just gotta put up with Arjan and his King of Cannabis crap lol

On a happier note I like the sound of very soon :yahoo:

ATB man :oldtoker:

• Like 4

@@Fragg I've done the same mate. Just watched the India trip and will watch the others as I free up time :) least I can do as I did like the strain hunter series. Very sad to lose one of our own and at such an early age :(

All the best

D-M.

E2a very, very soon. Photoperiod and autoflowering :)

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 4

@@Dinafem-Mark looking forward to the announcement on these mate, I had a feeling there would be more CBD based strains this year as the feedback on last year's releases was so positive across the board(s) and I'm guessing Dinafem did well off them?....I hope so anyway :oldtoker:

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark looking forward to the announcement on these mate, I had a feeling there would be more CBD based strains this year as the feedback on last year's releases was so positive across the board(s) and I'm guessing Dinafem did well off them?....I hope so anyway :oldtoker:

The high cbd autos strains did very well mate and the feedback has been great. I think this is what a lot of growers have been waiting for. A fast growing strain with high medicinal values :)

I hope to have more info this coming week. Definitely on one of the photoperiod strain and hopefully the new autos we will be launching :)

As soon as I do I'll drop the info on uk420 first then we can try and get some pre-release testers going @@Fragg would you be up for a test grow and @@botanics?

All the best

Mark.

• Like 1

I hope to have more info this coming week. Definitely on one of the photoperiod strain and hopefully the new autos we will be launching :)

As soon as I do I'll drop the info on uk420 first then we can try and get some pre-release testers going @@Fragg would you be up for a test grow and @@botanics?

All the best

Mark.

I have pretty much been checking the Dinafem webpage and twitter account on a daily basis recently, in anticipation of the new strains release. I have all of my strains from the other breeders and 99% of my stuff planned out and organised for 2017, except for confirmation on my Dinafem strain list as I am waiting on the new releases. I will be like a kid in a candy shop when they finally drop. I'll probably end up running all of them outdoors this year :rofl:

I am really hoping you guys at Dinafem release some more XXL autos. An OG Kush XXL auto or Amnesia Haze XXL auto would be all I could ask for. But I know anything you guys release would be bomb-proof and top quality still, as it always is.

Glad to see the Bubba Kush doing so well for you @@Fragg. It's another strain that is on my list for this coming season. Around what day, or week, did the first flowers show? She looks like she vegged for quite a while...

ATB

• Like 3

@@Dinafem-Mark yeah I'm not surprised mate certainly it was what I was waiting to try out and the genetics have turned me into a Dinafem salesman as I cant find anything bad to say, I just wax lyrical on how good they are lol. The other point of note is how many new members come to this site looking for medical based strains, often to make RSO for Cancer treatment and your Autos are just the ticket for speed of production. I know if I had Cancer I'd want to be taking oil ASAP from the highest quality plant material I could find(not someone's trim!) and so you are literally potentially saving lives with these fast growing CBD machines :)

I'm now trying to guess what crosses you are going to announce and drooling with anticipation ..... I know you Dinafem guys know the score but my suggestion would be some XXL strain crossed with a high CBD content. Simply because alot of material is required for RSO and ofc other extracts and therefore the bigger the plant the better, I know this kinda always applies but is even more prevalent for Cancer sufferers.

Anyway glad these CBD strains have done well for you guys, the hard work has paid off :yinyang:

I'd be honoured to do a tester grow Mark :yahoo: and I would think @@botanics would be too?

ATB mate :oldtoker:

• Like 2

@@English Archer looking forward to your grow this year, some lovely pics you had from last year mate. :yep: I know the feeling about kid in a candy shop and like the way your mind is working with OG Kush XXL auto or Amnesia Haze XXL auto, fine suggestions I must say :)

The Bubba mate flowered as per usual tbh no later than other strains its just she went like a bat outta hell from day 1 so was just big by the time she hit flower :)

Thanks for popping in and ATB for the coming season and looking forward to another diary from you :oldtoker:

• Like 3

Week 7 Update - Day 49

Apologies for being a little late with this update I've been battling to give up the fags over the last week and an over 40 year habit of 40-60 a day takes some giving up....oooof my brain has been scrambled! So not been able to think straight for awhile but things are starting to normalise as it will be a week off at midnight tonight, not that I'm counting ;)

So how has the Bubba been doing this past week? I'm pleased to report she's been doing great and we are now just 3 weeks from harvest, so its all about bud production at this stage and hoping she piles it on in the next few weeks :) The pistils on her buds are still looking long and healthy, always a good sign for bud ime and she really is starting to honk a bit whenever I open the tent up so getting excited for the final few weeks now :D

Feed wise she had 2l 1:20 diluted Comfrey at the beginning of the week and apart from that 2l water daily with one exception midweek of a 3l ACT I made up for her and the other plants in my grow. There is no specific timing for giving ACTs I just get one underway approx every 3 weeks and distribute amongst the perpetual grow as a drench or also as a foliar depending on the age of the plant, I dont foliar late in flower to avoid budrot ;) So sometimes plants get ACTs early in their lives, others later but as long as they have at least one dose I'm happy that the micro-herd will be well populated and delivering nutes to my plants as and when they need them :) This ACT was a little different to my normal EWC tea as this time I added a handful of 9 month old horse manure to the EWC and oat bran mix in the stocking for extra bacterial innoculant and cos I just love what horse manure does to plants! This was brewed up for c.48 hours at 25ish C in Molasses enriched rain water with a pinch of rock dust for minerals.

So lets get on with todays pics kicking off with sideways on shot looking into the tent giving an overall impression of her

gallery_94435_14054_530931.jpg

and another sideways on shot.....

gallery_94435_14054_101082.jpg

Next up some closer in shots of some buds :yahoo:Starting with the "main" cola that has got ahead slightly on the main canopy after LST. Frosting up nicely and you can see the nice healthy pistils I was talking about :)

gallery_94435_14054_161251.jpg

and another shot from a slightly diff angle

gallery_94435_14054_383653.jpg

Next up some more close up bud shots of side colas...

gallery_94435_14054_260272.jpg

and another for luck!

gallery_94435_14054_400295.jpg

and finally to wrap up today's slide show(is this even an expression anymore ??) an overhead shot...

gallery_94435_14054_311967.jpg

So she has some light bleaching from the LED as I mentioned last time but I've not noticed any issues with her buds so have left it where it is to see how I get on and the small amount of tip burn I got from the Ecothrive Charge is totally negligible so still pretty happy with how she is getting on so far tbh. Just getting itchy joint rolling fingers as the best Indica in the world approaches harvest......oooohhhhhh yeeeeaaahhhh :yahoo:

That wraps up todays update folks so as always thanks for watching and may your jars be forever full :oldtoker:

• Like 4

I have pretty much been checking the Dinafem webpage and twitter account on a daily basis recently, in anticipation of the new strains release. I have all of my strains from the other breeders and 99% of my stuff planned out and organised for 2017, except for confirmation on my Dinafem strain list as I am waiting on the new releases. I will be like a kid in a candy shop when they finally drop. I'll probably end up running all of them outdoors this year :rofl:

I am really hoping you guys at Dinafem release some more XXL autos. An OG Kush XXL auto or Amnesia Haze XXL auto would be all I could ask for. But I know anything you guys release would be bomb-proof and top quality still, as it always is.

Glad to see the Bubba Kush doing so well for you @@Fragg. It's another strain that is on my list for this coming season. Around what day, or week, did the first flowers show? She looks like she vegged for quite a while...

ATB

I'm hoping to have some info this week mate on several new strain. Mainly new autos but I know of 2 photoperiod strains we are launching and if all goes well both are very special in there own way.

I want to do like we did with the high cbd auto strains that came out last year. This was the very first time ever we got pre release tester around 1-2 months before official release. I hope to do this again this year and I do hope to get the best outdoor grow thread competition going again for 2017 also something for the best indoor grow threads. This I need to sort out :) I will do my best to do all this :)

All the best

Mark.

• Like 3

@@Fragg looking good mate🖒 I have to agree they look to have a good 3-4 weeks left until harvest. You can see them ready to pile on that extra bud :)

I must say I do like your style of growing .more specifically the nutrients you use such as manure and comfrey :) old school which produces some of the best tasting bud ever 🙏 great to see that some growers are still what I call "traditional " growers :)

Great looking bubba, ready for the final weeks and ready to pack on the weight :)

Thank you for the picture update mate much appreciated ;)

Until the next update keep up the great work!

All the best

Mark.

• Like 1

Looking great mate. I think I took mine about day 60-62 if I recall, but i think you like yours pretty heavy? I was mostly cloudy few amber. Think then buds got a lot of weight to pack on though and the size of her..., good call in the comfrey ;)

Top growing

Great effort on the fags too man. Keep on it, does get easier. Are you smoking neat spiffs or something else? Good luck fella :yep:

Edited by bobnudd