Dinafem Critical 2.0

weedhunter

@@Bornfree70 sorry for my late reply.

I'll try to explain the best I can.

Veg is usually 18/6 I'm talking about photoperiod strains

Then we induce flower by going 12/12

Now strains vary on flower time but at around week 5 I start to knock 1hr a week of the light schedule so 11/13(on/off) for week 5 then 10/14(on/off) week 6 and so on. If doing a 10 week strain I don't knock back until week 6 and finish on 9/15 (on/off).

This could be applied to autos i would think. The last few weeks go to 12/12 and finish on 10/14.

Yes I have been told that the lower the humidity can change a terpine profile. Not sure if it increases trichome production? . I'll look into this. I also give 36 hrs total darkness before harvest and trim in a 650 darkish room that I also dry in @35%humidity and 65o constant

All the best

D-M.

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

@@SkyRider

Haha very nicely dropped in there bro😜

I'll leaf the leaves alone I think😜

I fed them pro-tekt (silica), Mag-Pro & bloom man. It's only the one lady who has the yellow/rust issue. She was the bushiest out of the 5 after veg (LST & FIM) & drinks slightly more than the rest. I haven't had one issue up until now, which I'm told is rare for a complete novice? Maybe she needs more attention than the others, I dunno. She looks great apart from those few leaves but, obviously she's not tip top. Just wish I knew how to address her like a pro but, experience breeds knowledge right👍

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark

Cheers for that bro.

So, you finish with more light hours, than dark?

I must've read the other threads wrong, as they stated more hours of dark.

Apologies...... I got confused & said lower RH improves trichomes production. The research had a few claiming it improved resin production.

In regards to my one girl, it's insane, as she's fattening up faster than the others haha! Bloody irony of it eh?

What would you advise I do with her? Wait & see, now she's been fed? Follow a procedure/suggestion by one of you top lads?

I researched insanely before I set up but, nothing prepared me for what is an exact science for combating what I'm up against now.

Cheers

• Like 1

What you have to remember you have several plants of the same strain. So you could have 2 or 3 phenotypes. The one that is fattening up faster could be done a week or more before the rest.

I would advise checking trichome production and development :) this will determine harvest window.

Will you be able to stagger your harvest if needed. By this I mean if this 1 plant is done a week early will you let the others go or crop the lot?

All the best

D-M.

Yes matey,

I have it all set up so it can run to my desired maturity regardless. I was warned very early on, to prepare for staggered harvests.

I'm 4 weeks on 12/12 come this Thursday. I'm gonna start adding the extra hour of dark at week 5. I'm inspecting them every other day for trichome development, just because I'm hungry to learn everything I can really.

👍

• Like 1

Great to hear mate. Some growers go into a grow and set a day and the lot comes down. Regardless if all done. Imo this can only be achieved with clones. If working with seeds there are always going to be pheno variants :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

Hey guys.

Well, she's picked up loads! The affected leaves haven't gotten any worse & she's fattening up nicely since her feed.

Now then....... Flushing....

Do I flush for the final 2 weeks? I'm not using any flushing solutions, just plain PH'd water. A few have said 10 days flushing, others a complete 14 days! The nutes direction states 14. What are you guys thoughts please?

TIA👍

• Like 1

I agree 10 days should be ample mate. I do know some that do a 14-21 day flush but 10 days with just water and @@botanics is bank on 36-48hr dark period before the chop :)

All the best

D-M.

Any advice on this strain would be great also;

Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk Feminised Seeds

Was hoping for some original Northern Lights but, I'm struggling

Thanks

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark

@@botanics

Fantastic advice chaps, thank you

Am I also as well to let the medium dry our nearer to harvest?

The advice I've had on here has been priceless! My gratitude to you all

During the last 48 hours mate, I don't hydrate them, helps with the dry plus I don't want the humidity raising and chances increasing of rot like ;)

• Like 2

Good point buddy, makes total sense!

Do the buds fatten up much in the last 4 weeks (normally) ? I'm 4 weeks in flower on Thursday & the cola's are 2 fingers wide at present😉

• Like 1

I have a critical + 2.0 in at the moment it's nearly week 3 of bloom .

They look great to be honest , cannot wait till chop day lol

twoscoops

• Like 1