Dinafem Critical 2.0

weedhunter

@@sy100276

Yeah man, I'm on the wet/dry cycle.

I'll give the feed on every water & see how they go!

I checked them earlier & I shit you not, they've gone insane haha! A nice canopy where all 5 girls are within 2" of each other so, I'm well happy! The yo yo's are at the ready & im like a kid wanting Santa to hurry up haha.

Cheers bro

• Like 2

I use jacks magic soil, good stuff with added seaweed. There are a few on here in it. Organic nutes for me, oldtimers from plant magic has given me nice results.

Have a look/read there is a section on soil.

i don't have access to this soil

this time i want a really light soil to feed the plants myself

i have found a soil called "orgasyl" that will suit me i think

http://www.frayssinet-nutrition.com/Product-range/Produits/Orgasyl

organic nutes inside for an npk + mg (3.2.3 + 3) 15kg / m3

for the soils i have tested (biobizz light and allmix, plagron batmix and growmix, goldlabel special mix)

goldlabel was my favorite so far

Nice I went 50 days!

First timer so, see what the gods allow haha.

I do have one question I'm curious about. How often do you guys feed? Some are saying, feed every water. Some say water, feed, water. Some say feed, water, water, repeat.

I've been doing the feed, water, feed, water routine but, an wondering what you guys would suggest? As I'm on my first garden, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

50 days enough ? good yeald ? trichomes ? (amber, milky ?)

i plan it for 60 days only a personal preference as i have never seen a flower time correct always 7-10 days more (for every seedbank only 1 was a little closer it was "evaseeds" )

for the feeding i always do : feed - feed - water - feed -feed - water

i am careful about the dose of nutrients and if i see an unusual overfeeding i go for water-water

• Like 1

This should be another great critical grow and thank you for doing a diary in the Dinafem section, very much appreciated :)

If using say canna pro or all mix check the npk on the back. I know some have around 2.5lnutes/47.5lsoil this will give your plants all that is needed for atleast minimum 3-4 weeks :)

Let the show begin :bong:

All the best

D-M.

it will be a pleasure to share this on the forum and hope i will do justice to this 2.0 ;)

another thing i plan to do is follow a lunar calendar (i am not convinced but one of my friends says it is really important so we will see ...)

do you think the concentrations of npk in the orgasyl soil will last for a week or more ?

i don't want a soil with so much nutrients you have to wait 3 or 4 weeks to feed

if its 1 week that will be perfect

• Like 1

50 days in veg yes. After some LST'ing & FIM'ing they grew wide & bushy. They've been on 12/12 for 6 days today & are thriving. I'm a complete novice but, am happy with how they're coming on so far.

As for the feeding....... I asked the question as I'd like the process to be as on point as possible. First grow & my only fear is missing something simple (to others) which would badly affect the final results.

• Like 2

Be careful when you artificially raise your humidity. I added a Mist Maker 3 to my 1.2x1.2x2 tent and it was very difficult to control properly. I ended up having it at 15 mins on / 30 mins off just to try to keep it down a little but the high moisture content of the air wrecked my filter after a few weeks. It just stopped drawing.

My humidity had been at around 30% (veg) and I've since been told it would have been fine. I wish I'd never bought it now cos it was 60 notes down the drain.

• Like 1

@@Staley

I'm in the same environment man. Through veg I was averaging 55-60% humidity, 25-27 degrees. 6 days in flower I was struggling to keep humidity down! Fresh air in via the bottom vents & also a slight opening of the side door has got me at 50%, thank god!

What size fan/filter are you running with?

• Like 1

@@Staley

I'm in the same environment man. Through veg I was averaging 55-60% humidity, 25-27 degrees. 6 days in flower I was struggling to keep humidity down! Fresh air in via the bottom vents & also a slight opening of the side door has got me at 50%, thank god!

What size fan/filter are you running with?

I'm using a 6" RVK with a Rhino Pro (bought new after I killed my original filter with the humidity). I have a 4" intake plus a passive vent that I don't have a cover for. I tried gaffa taping it from the inside but it keeps hanging off. So it's half on/half off at the minute so it's more like a restricted passive intake!

Now I'm in the 7th week of flower with just two plants my humidity is ranging from 32%-55%. I'm not comfortable with the upper end of that range but I'm trying to keep a close eye on the buds for rot.

Edited by Staley
  • Like 1

I'm exactly the same set up buddy. Except I'm using nothing for intake, just simply having a window ajar & getting fresh air in via the bottom vent. Maybe in lucky, I dunno but, touch wood, both temp & RH seem OK via this method. Just to add, the filter cover was removed, cleaned & dried whilst I let the girls sleep 36 hours before flipping to 12/12

• Like 2

Be careful when you artificially raise your humidity. I added a Mist Maker 3 to my 1.2x1.2x2 tent and it was very difficult to control properly. I ended up having it at 15 mins on / 30 mins off just to try to keep it down a little but the high moisture content of the air wrecked my filter after a few weeks. It just stopped drawing.

My humidity had been at around 30% (veg) and I've since been told it would have been fine. I wish I'd never bought it now cos it was 60 notes down the drain.

thank you for this information

i usually have around 30% h in veg i just wanted to try it with about 70-80% but i have a filter (prima klima ecoline) and i don't want to kill it like it happened to you so i think i am gonna grow without humidifier

• Like 1

50 days in veg yes. After some LST'ing & FIM'ing they grew wide & bushy. They've been on 12/12 for 6 days today & are thriving. I'm a complete novice but, am happy with how they're coming on so far.

As for the feeding....... I asked the question as I'd like the process to be as on point as possible. First grow & my only fear is missing something simple (to others) which would badly affect the final results.

didn't understand well i thought you made them flower for 50 days before cut...

for the veg i plan only about 30-35 days as usual ;)

• Like 2

it will be a pleasure to share this on the forum and hope i will do justice to this 2.0 ;)

another thing i plan to do is follow a lunar calendar (i am not convinced but one of my friends says it is really important so we will see ...)

do you think the concentrations of npk in the orgasyl soil will last for a week or more ?

i don't want a soil with so much nutrients you have to wait 3 or 4 weeks to feed

if its 1 week that will be perfect

Jacks magic can be purchased from Homebase mate, but I know that Blackpoolboucer uses Clover and he reckons it's the danglies (can't get it where I'm at so using Jacks Magic after recommendation from Sy and iBD) from looking at BP's work and his knowledge given, it seems he knows his onions too ;)

• Like 2

Alternating between food and water has always worked well for me. I still give a plane water flush once a week :)

If you have any questions just ask and I'm sure one of us will be along to help :)

All the best

D-M.

@@Dinafem-Mark

Cheers bro, appreciate the help👍

I'm shocked at how much they've grown in just a week!

The FIM'ing has definitely made a huge different to the amount of bud sites.

To say there's 5 girls, 5 different strains, they're very level. Apart from one so, I've raised her up to the same height as the rest & hopefully they'll all stay pretty level.

I'm I right in thinking the stretch will last 2-3 weeks?

• Like 1

DAMN!!

Just checked on my girls & one of the sites where I topped & it split into 2 has split at the point where they part!!

I've improvised & taped them solid!

Will it recover or, am I gonna have to accept its gonna be a loss & put it down to experience?

In one regard, it isn't the biggest bud site on the plant.

It's also made me get out the yo yo's & address any of the others.

Cheers👍

• Like 1