Dinafem Critical 2.0

weedhunter

I would have thought a dehumidifier would have done the trick :(. Can I ask what are the Temps at night,lights on and off?

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark

Lights on temps are 24-26 Humidity 47-52. from 8am-8pm.

Lights off temps are 20-22 Humidity 60-70. from 8pm-8am.

Does it help humidity if I feed as early as possible?

Obviously as time goes by, the girls get more thirsty so, maybe that adds to the humidity issue?

I'm genuinely stumped! The extraction pulls fantastically well, like always.

Oh, I've heard that green lcd doesn't have a negative effect on a garden at lights off? The dehumidifier has a green pilot light so, I put it outside the tent last night, right next to the intake! If the green light is a negative, I'll happily disconnect it. I didn't want to risk the first night using the dehumidifier, with the green light, just in case it totally screwed things up.

HELP😳

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark

Obviously as time goes by, the girls get more thirsty so, maybe that adds to the humidity issue?

Oh, I've heard that green lcd doesn't have a negative effect on a garden at lights off? The dehumidifier has a green pilot light so, I put it outside the tent last night, right next to the intake! If the green light is a negative, I'll happily disconnect it. I didn't want to risk the first night using the dehumidifier, with the green light, just in case it totally screwed things up.

HELP😳

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark

HELP😳

• Like 1

@@Bornfree70

You've got to factor in the outside humidity as well mate, don't forget that no matter how much air you move through the drobe, if RH outside is high then increased heat will only drop it a little in the cab, but then plant transpiration must also be taken into account.

My suggestion to you is to measure the RH of the ambient atmosphere and see where that is in comparison to your grow drobe, if the levels are similar then there be nothing you can do apart from dehumidify the incoming air first ;) That will then drop the RH going into the drobe, thus allowing the plants a more efficient transpiration, plenty of air movement and no sudden drops between lights on and off temps will also help to keep any chance of rot at bay.

They will handle 60% 65% but keep the air flowing over the buds and high volume of extraction to avoid condensing air on them at lower temps during lights off.

• Like 2

Omg!!!!

I think I found my problem.

I've just gone over the extraction, inch by inch!!

I found a kink in the duct!!

After I made it as it should be, the RH went down to 38%!

For the first time ever, I have actually had to turn the fan DOWN to get my environment right!

WOOHOOOOO YEAH BABY!! YES!!!!!!

What a bloody idiot! Haha.

But, I can now go into the rest of my run with the knowledge I have more control over my environment.

After you guys had commented, something didn't sit right, things made no sense, at all. Thank God you guys are here or I'd have been fooked!

Seriously guys, thank you so much👍

Now...... The green light? Would I best be advised to take the light out of the dehumidifier & guarantee no ill effects from any light source during lights out?

Thanks

• Like 2

Morning guys.

An hour before lights on I had 21/22 temp, 55% RH! That's a 15% drop in RH from the previous nights.

I'm hoping that's pretty much where I need to be during lights off?

Cheers

• Like 2

Glad you got the issue sorted mate. Yes 55% humidity will be fine maybe later in bloom try to get it down 10% to 45%. I would water just as lights come on mate this is what I've always done it this way but another member may have better advice for when to feed. My thought were feed them when the lights come on so they have food through lights on/off then feed or water again. Some feed/water daily others bi-daily others only 2x a week :). I guess it goes on environment, pot size and medium used.

Glad the issue is now solved :bong:

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I've upped a couple of pics in a new gallery.

My girls are 24 days @ 12/12, if anyone could take a look & comment on how they're looking, I'd be really grateful.

RH & temp are bang on! I've tinkered & can get RH down to 31% with a 25.1 temp. I'm keeping at 43% RH for now with 26.3 temp & will drop the RH as low as I can go nearer harvest.

Hope you're all good & your magic gardens are flourishing😜

Peace

• Like 1

Things to me look like they are doing very well mate. Temps and humidity sound bang on. You may want to keep rh at 35-45% not much lower is needed Imo?

Thank you for the update very much appreciated.

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks for the input buddy, as ever, very much appreciated👍

I'm happy they look on track! They're starting to really kick out some stink haha & man are these exciting times😜

I stated I'd get the RH real low near harvest, as my research has come across many claiming it makes the plants resin production sky rocket?

Cheers

• Like 1

Now this is something I have not come across. Low humidity during later bloom increasing trichome production? Yes it could but I've never tried it. More darkness during the end though I know does help :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1