Dinafem Critical 2.0

weedhunter

These are very hardy plants and given the chance will bounce back and be stronger in the broken place :). Stick with it mate I'm sure it will mend :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark

You sir, are a diamond!!

The yo yo has held it up & it's still stretching so, you're bang on about how "hardy" they truly are.

They're on their 12th day of flower & I can clearly see them starting to fruit everywhere. Am I right in thinking the stretch will last 2-3 weeks? They're all indica's & are roughly 3 feet! The smell is making me want to sleep in there haha. I can clearly see why this is so damn addictive...... I love it👍

Cheers bro, appreciate your help & all who've helped me along the way.

Already there are lessons I've learned for next time & I now have top respect for all growers & their efforts at learning this art & sharing it with the likes of all us newbies.

Respect👍

• Like 1

@@Bornfree70

Yeah usual stretch period for flower cycle tends to be within the first 3 weeks mate, you are correct in your assumption :yep: some vary like, but most. Then the budz start the fattening :D and oh it's a wonderful time :yahoo: then it just gets better, until the last week or so and then you're itching to get into them and start trimming away lol. Yes it's a great hobby you've decided to embark upon :yes:

• Like 2

@@botanics

It most certainly is man, I'm absolutely loving it & can't wait to not have to buy the rushed street shite! I find it insane how most street "smoke" doesn't come close to what was about 25 years ago!

Talking of those times........ Do you have knowledge of NL & where best to source that beautiful old friend? What s joy it would be to grow & toke my own NL mmmm!!!

Also, how do you gauge when there's 2 weeks before harvest? I'm trying to get my head round it so I can guarantee a good flush period before the big chop!

Before I started, a lot were saying "your girls will let you know" & I seriously get that now but, am I best to just flush at week 6/7 or are there signs? I'm sure the flowering period most bean sellers use are simply guidelines, at best!

Peace bro✌🏻️

• Like 1

@@Bornfree70

I've never grown out a Northern Lights and it's on my rather lengthy 'to do' list White Widow used to take up so much of my growing time lol but I have heard and read that Dinafem's Industrial Plant is a Northern Lights based plant and that it's a high yielding stable plant that does the 'old skool' buzz, so might be worth having a look at them ;) (I've got a couple of theirs on the go now and their genetics seem good so far mate).

You wait till your homegrown comes down mate, memories of dealer weed will soon fade lol. Judging the harvest is a tricky one you are right, but the advice of them 'letting you know' only really works if you've grown before, when they are not to far from done, they will slow down on putting out new white hairs, some nugz harden up (depending on strain etc) and you'll notice that more of the white hairs turn orange, now to be more accurate for the 'perfect' chop time requires a magnifier to see the resin glands (trichomes) if you see clear/milky white in the trichomes it means that it can be taken but will be a bit more heady, not so body, (I leave them a bit longer), if you see milky white/brown then they are pretty much at the point when I go for the chop (about 50/50) when you see mostly brown, it means they are degrading and a gone a little too far (although some prefer taking them at this point because it hits the body more) it's all to do with preference really mate and hard to 'tell' you when they would be ready as it depends on so many things, one thing to note though, don't always believe the blurb the breeders say :yep:

hope it help dude

• Like 1

Our ip or Industrial Plant us/was the 1st strain developed specifically for indoor growing

https://www.dinafem.org/en/industrial-plant/

It is a Afghan x Thai x,s and I know northern lights is very afghan dominant so could have very similar percentage :). Always performs very well when I've seen her or grown her myself and a great production strains :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

@@Bornfree70

I've never grown out a Northern Lights and it's on my rather lengthy 'to do' list White Widow used to take up so much of my growing time lol but I have heard and read that Dinafem's Industrial Plant is a Northern Lights based plant and that it's a high yielding stable plant that does the 'old skool' buzz, so might be worth having a look at them ;) (I've got a couple of theirs on the go now and their genetics seem good so far mate).

You wait till your homegrown comes down mate, memories of dealer weed will soon fade lol. Judging the harvest is a tricky one you are right, but the advice of them 'letting you know' only really works if you've grown before, when they are not to far from done, they will slow down on putting out new white hairs, some nugz harden up (depending on strain etc) and you'll notice that more of the white hairs turn orange, now to be more accurate for the 'perfect' chop time requires a magnifier to see the resin glands (trichomes) if you see clear/milky white in the trichomes it means that it can be taken but will be a bit more heady, not so body, (I leave them a bit longer), if you see milky white/brown then they are pretty much at the point when I go for the chop (about 50/50) when you see mostly brown, it means they are degrading and a gone a little too far (although some prefer taking them at this point because it hits the body more) it's all to do with preference really mate and hard to 'tell' you when they would be ready as it depends on so many things, one thing to note though, don't always believe the blurb the breeders say :yep:

hope it help dude

• Like 1

@@botanics

Fantastic read man. Seriously, can't thank you enough!

I was warned about the seed sellers write ups not always being on point, very early on. I'm prepared for a longer process!

My only concern is; I've 5 different strains in the same environment so, I'm guessing the harvest will be a staggered process?

I'm most definitely going down the 2 tent route as a veg & flower room make total sense now & to have the continual runs in front of me will be much more productive.

Any personal info on the white Widow would be appreciated though? Write ups are great but, personal pointers are much more preferred😄

Peace✌️

• Like 1

@@Bornfree70

No worries man we are all here to learn and help to learn too :)

Running different strains within the same grow can be a little more complicated mate because as you say different stretch, flower times etc and my current run is only the second time I've ever run more than one strain at a time (the first was Satori and Mazar).

My old method was to get a strain of regular seeds, 10 usually then veg them for a few weeks, clone them and then keep vegging the seeded plants until they showed sex, get rid of the males (and their clones) then I would continue to veg until alternate internodes (the point at which they are sexually mature) throughout that veg I will have monitored which are the 'performers', I would then flower the seeded plants out, again monitoring which produced the best budz and length of flower cycle etc, once they were down and dried, the smoke test, after all of that, then I would have enough info about which of the clones would be most suitable for a mum to run the third run with (the second would be done with the clones I had originally taken) mum up the 'chosen one' and then run clones until I got bored and fancied doing something else. You soon get a system going that keeps the jars filled, but you get bored and the tolerance of course by running it too much.

With your situation of running 5 strains, aye you're going to have your work indeed, but by bending, LST, supercropping etc you can keep the canopy even which helps deal with the different stretch, you may well be pulling some that are done before others, but that's no bother really, although personally if I was running that many variants I'd be going for a perpetual grow and as soon as one comes out another would be going in, mainly because I'm a tight arse and believe in maximising the energy I use and wouldn't want any wasted space that could be used, second to that of course this helps the environment too and thus I can stroke my ego and feel fluffy and warm about it all lol.

Now the White Widow I've grown out came from Dutch Passion, I've grown them a good few times (was over 5 years ago) I found theirs to be stable, good performers, knock out smoke (flavours ok, but it is widow and not famed for fantastic flavours like Kush etc) wish I had pics mate of the kolas I'd get but well as you know in this game, evidence is not what we want hanging around ;). Size wise though, I'd get 2 L pop bottles under a 600 sodium, 9 plants in finals of 7.5 L in a metre squared DIY flower room, (environment dialled in, which is the really important bit ;) ). But that was then mate and looking at how there are so many new breeders with their own versions I wouldn't know where to start nowadays, but again Dinafem's Widow has got a good rep from what I've read out there (and I do loads of reading up), may well be worth having a chat with D-M about that as he's got much more knowledge than I on their strains and is always very amiable and helpful.

• Like 1

@@botanics

I'm running in a 1.2 with a 600w hps, a 150 RVK Sileo, 150 acoustic duct, 2 internal 6" fans & have the intake running through the bottom vent & the environment is quite easily tweaked. I've needed a humidifier/dehumidifier early on but on the whole, I'm happy. I also ran with a 125w CFL very early on. It's all a learning curve obviously & maybe I've had beginners luck, as they're thriving right now & weirdly are pretty much on the same feeding schedule (very lucky)!!

Am I ok to LST during flower then? The CBD CRITICAL CURE seems to be moving ahead of the rest & the PINEAPPLE CHUNK isn't far behind that.

Maybe if I tie those 2 down slightly, or raise the others? There's 3"-4" difference in all 5 but obviously, to maximise the light, they'd be better off at the same height?

As I'm new to this awesome hobby, I hadn't researched how to take clones & it looks like the next run will be totally from scratch again grrrrrrr!! We live & learn as they say!

Next run though, I'm going with one strain for sure. The reason behind the 5 strains was purely a decision based on medicinal reasons, I researched insanely for 6 months before deciding on:

CBD CRITICAL CURE......

BLACK DESTROYER........

PINEAPPLE CHUNK.........

OG KUSH.........(my smoke haha)

COOKIES KUSH........

Because of the medicinal reasons, I'm overjoyed the top 3 are looking like producing real well, although both Kush' seem to be stereotypical to what I'd researched & are VERY healthy.

It's shite having archaic laws, as I'm unable to share pics & get feedback as to how I'm doing, which would obviously help massively!

All I can do is pray that my reader has, knowledge & good luck make this a great outcome👍

Peace✌🏻️

• Like 1

@@Bornfree70

Yeah you can LST in flower mate as it's low stress but keep it early on (I've just supercropped and upskirt trimmed mine as I'm only 2 weeks in, but this is the final time I'll mess about with them now, from here on in they will be left to pack it on and do their thing) If they get to the light in the next week I'll be fucked and tying them all shapes, but I'm confident that's not going to happen, as they've stretched double already and they just won't get there now at this stage of formation ;)

Also mate with clones, cuttings can still be taken within the first couple of weeks of flower and still have a chance of rooting and re-veg etc, they take longer and is a bit more tricky, but can still be done :yep: Oh and you get pics up mate, just get a gallery going on here and get them up (all EXIF data is stripped out by the site so no tell tale GPS and suchlike)

• Like 1

@@botanics

I have navigated the site & cannot find any option to create a gallery! I'm running through IOS, do I need to do it via PC?

I've managed to put the lowest girls on stands & now the canopy is looking mint, woohoo!!!

Can you overdo FIM? There's shitloads of cola's! I'm guessing each cola won't yield as much but, the amount of them will compensate?

I'm 2 weeks in flower come Thursday & my only concern is how thin 2 strains' branches are in comparison to the others😳! Can bamboo be put directly in the soil, without harming the roots?

• Like 1

@@Bornfree70

Yeah bamboo is what I use mate if they need a helping hand so to speak, cant really over do a FIM mate really, it either works and you get the multitude of shoots or it don't.

Pictures on here took me a while to figure out but I was on phone and it was windows, couldn't get it to function right so abandoned using a phone and just use lappy now, makes life a lot easier :yep:

• Like 1

I have created a gallery file @ now when I attempt to upload, it says I have no upload space!! Huh? I haven't uploaded anything haha! Gutted

• Like 1