A.CAB 250w hps cannabis factory wardrobe

The_Moog

excellent work @@The_Moog :yep:

when i was putting my veg cab together i contemplated doing something similar but ended up using P draught excluder, wish i'd went with the panels tho.

• Like 2

Cheers :) @@Joint hogger

I really want to do as proper a job as I can this time, I'm not sure if Captian Bonglington's experience with warping might be repeated here but I'm willing to take my chances and so I guess we'll all find out if it was worth it. It has cost a bit less than £30 in wood and screws I think, with a fair bit of ply left over from an 8x4 sheet, I think if I just had one big hole to fill in then it'd be cheaper but I'd probably get thicker ply or at least thicker strips or both.

So here's the photos of today's efforts. :spliff:

haze

These are the seedlings, they've been putting in their work by growing, I've a feeling that they might fall over soon so I may top the pot up with compost tomorrow.

panels3

These are the panels, almost complete woodwork wise, I have to cover them in shiny stuff, obviously, so I'm going to finish them when I do that, the holes for the catches need filling in and some of the screws need countersinking so that they don't interfere with the doors closing so much

lighttrap

This is the light trap as it is, I've made these fins downstairs and put one in upstairs, it's measured up to being about 900cm2 all the way through.

lighttrap2

This is from underneath with the T5 switched on, hopefully it'll work once the black velvet stuff is stuck on along with the cooker hood filter.

shadehanging

I hung the shade, I'm not sure which way I'm going with the light right now so I'm using the old shade rather than getting a new one and running the 250w to start off with.

fanconnected

I fitted reducers either side of the fan and connected them to the filter and the wall to see how it fits up now it's all 6 inch, a tight close run thing it is, I'm not overjoyed with how it is right now so I'll be putting in more effort there in due course.

That's everything so far, I've to vacuum it out and wire all the stuff up, give it a quick run to see that it all works ok and then take it all apart to stick all the shiny stuff on. :sweaty:

• Like 1

Hi Botanics,

I have to rebuild it all now lol

Apologies for the late reply, The light spreader is just what you need if you have low headroom, they sell them in most good grow shops, there's a 250-400w one and a bigger 600-1000w one, I dare say the small one might work with 150w too but it might be a bit big.

In terms of extra closness I'd say you should be able to half the distance depending on your setup.

Been a while since I came in here Moog and my my, you should be expert now after all this building! Cracking thread mate for all those wardrobe farmers and a great catch up, no worries on the lateness of the reply, I'm just as late on the re-reply lol (thanks for getting back btw ).

It's very interesting for me as my headroom isn't the greatest and a piece of kit like this may well get me out of the shit during future runs, so a good tool to have as standby :yep:

Great build here mate, top job.

Hi @@botanics :)

Thank's very much mate, I don't know about being the expert but I'm well acquainted with the sturdyness of wardrobe floors.

Here's where I'm at so far now, lots more to do, if I can get it to the point where I can screw the thing back together sometime tomorrow then I'll be happy.

gettingthere

• Like 2

@@The_Moog

You do it tidy mate, I rushed my cab build and thinking of some tinkering etc, maybe another cab....part of the fun of growing I reckon is the building of the grow space and stuff, just really gets you all excited about getting it sweet and seeing the fruits at end, as long as it works of course! lol

Sparks is my trade mate, so if you have any trouble just ask man, it be no bother :yep:

• Like 1

I'm really trying to do this one well, It's still not all that tidy really but there's only so much time to work on it and with plants already growing the pressure is on to get the veg cab done and the extraction sorted.

I have plans for the electrics to make them really tidy and stuff so I'll no doubt be hassling you about it once I get to that stage :yep:

Pan

Here's one of the panels, nearly done but still not finished, I need to stretch that sheet out properly too.

ithinkiseethelight

This is where we're at with the veg cab.
Hopefully I'll get this veg bit and the extraction done enough to fire it up by this time tomorrow.
  • Like 2

I'm at that point now, where I feel a great sense of relief :)
It's at the stage where the seedlings can be housed, the extraction is running, the t5 is on, it's jolly quiet running and there's nothing that looks particularly amiss about the outside of it. Phew!

browofthehill

Here they are in their new home basking in the glare of the t5. :D It's so bright I got the exposure wrong on the photo!

browofthehill2

And here it is from the outside, with the slightest giveaway chink of light through the edge of the door.

I still need to do the right hand panel with the black stuff but I've run out, even so someone would have to have the eyes of a hawk to spot any light.

Lots and lots to do to finish this build but at least now I can do it more at my leisure.

Edited by The_Moog
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive!

Cheers @ditchthedealer :wink_kiss: I don't think it's as impressive as your garage set up, you're like the king of garages, I could move in there and live in that quite happily :rockon: .

• Like 1

It's update time, I've not really done that much but I found this tune lol

panelr

This is the right hand upper panel, these take quite a while to finish with all the sticky stuff and whatnot.

haze

Plants are doing well considering... I might get to smoke some by January heh!

therm2

therm1

Ive been doing diy round the house, slapping pva on walls and stuff so the electric's been off and the humidity has gone all over the shop, that and I had a go with the HPS the other night so the temp went up quite a lot.

trap

Upstairs light trap, unfinished but works well by the looks of it.

gland

I put in glands to run the cables out the back where I could, they just stop the light escaping. I put some new tubes in the T5 which makes a massive difference to the light output.

downstairs

Downstairs, the air intake and stuff, I've not wired the heater up yet, not entirely sure it's going to be needed but we'll see I guess.

trapbot

Downstairs light trap, also unfinished so far, I need to trim up the doorframe before I can complete it.

• Like 2

If only I was ... Plotting my expansion project at the moment to finish the whole lot off and give me 10m2 to play with all sectioned up for the various needed rooms, might run for that title then lol

Coming along steadily.

• Like 1

Just a quick update for now, I've not really done much worth showing, it's been all sticking stuff on bits of wood really.

haze

Here's the plants, really needing a repot, a circulation fan and not having me keep dropping them on the floor.

stats

I put in the heater thermostat, I think I'm going to have to re-mount the heater or do something else with it though as I'm really feeling that it's not quite right how it is at the moment.

drawer

I'm thinking of stashing all of the plugs and stuff in this drawer here which is next to the drobe, I can cut a hole or two in the back to run the cables, I'd like to have switches to turn the lights off before I open the drobe doors so I may well get a bit of ply and mount stuff to it to do that.

• Like 2