A.CAB 250w hps cannabis factory wardrobe

The_Moog

Hi @@4plenty , welcome in mate :yep:

Inside it now has a depth of 38cm, width of 90cm, total internal height from the floor is 165cm and from the top of the shelf is 120cm.

If there's one thing it could really do with it's more depth.

• Like 1

The moog-train prepares to depart :)

I prefer square pots to round ones, they fit together better, take up less space while holding more soil and apparently theyre better for preventing root binding

Pot

This is the size of pot I use to start the seeds off in, some might say it's a bit small but they work for me.

pots

This is how they get potted up, corners to sides.
This time I'm going from the seedpot to a 1L pot and then from there to a ~3L pot, once that's rooted out I'll switch to 12/12 to flower them.

I'll be planting 4 Sweet seeds Cream Caramel regs (fem) https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=176836

creamcaramelwk6

This is from the last time I grew it in a 1L pot if there's one thing I know it fair pongs and stuck me on my arse when I smoked it, as far as growing it goes it's an easy one although having said that I'll probably make a mess of it lol

• Like 1

All aboard da Moog-Train :toot:

In the small pots are the Cream Caramels and in the big one is some Haze that I doubt will sprout, on account of it's age.

gremination1

I use cutting and seedling compost from the diy shop, I fluff it up in my hand breaking up any lumps and put it in the pot gently, then I tap the pot a few times to settle it down, I put on some warm water ~15ml or so then drop the seed in.
No paper towels or soaking or pre-germination or owt.

gremination2

Then I sprinkle about half a cm or so of the compost on top to cover the seed, put them in the heated prop tray, cross my fingers etc.

Looks sweet man. I recommend oven hood filter material for your inlets. To secure my carbon filter I screwed 4 shelving brackets to the wardrobe wall closely together and sat it on those, just thought I'd mention that as your bit of wood to wedge it looks a bit insecure.

I'm going to invest in one of those heat shields for my set up.

I hope it yields lots of bud for you dude!

Edited by Captain Bonglington
  • Like 1

Hello Moog

Im tagging along , very good work on the drobe.

Im in a drobe similar to yours but mine was a bit more of a Frankenstein s monster, bits and pieces of this and that.

Im glad i factored in that bit more depth that you might really need, but generally im roughly the same dimensions as yours.

Check out my sig link to see mine, recently upgraded to 550watts.

Anyway good luck mate, excellent handiwork skills.

Hope it serves you well.

zz

• Like 1

Looks sweet man. I recommend oven hood filter material for your inlets. To secure my carbon filter I screwed 4 shelving brackets to the wardrobe wall closely together and sat it on those, just thought I'd mention that as your bit of wood to wedge it looks a bit insecure.

I'm going to invest in one of those heat shields for my set up.

I hope it yields lots of bud for you dude!

Hi Captain :) , thank's very much. Aye I agree about the cooker hood stuff, I've used that before and it's the bee's knees. I was originally planning on using a shelf bracket or two to hold up the carbon filter but with the spiggot going through the hole like it is it's wedged/braced tight and I have to unscrew the bit of wood to remove it, no way is it budging otherwise.

• Like 1

Hello Moog

Im tagging along , very good work on the drobe.

Im in a drobe similar to yours but mine was a bit more of a Frankenstein s monster, bits and pieces of this and that.

Im glad i factored in that bit more depth that you might really need, but generally im roughly the same dimensions as yours.

Check out my sig link to see mine, recently upgraded to 550watts.

Anyway good luck mate, excellent handiwork skills.

Hope it serves you well.

zz

Hola ZZ,

Thank's very much :yep:

I was having a look in on your grow last year, amazing experimental stuff mate it reminds me of compostverte, he used two hps's in a drobe one above the other horizontal rather than vertical though. Yours looks quite bdsm.

Very nice Moog. I'm in the middle of building mine and reading this made me a little jealous.

Curious about a couple of things....

What did you end up packing out the fan box with?

Does the fan vibrate/resonate through the wardrobe with it sitting on the top?

QS

• Like 1

is it not a pita using a pot as small as 3ltr's to finish with @@The_Moog ?

how often do you water them too if you dont mind me asking ?

Life is a pita -

You have to choose your fillings carefully :grubsup:

:bag:

Joking aside, I've not finished anything in a 3L, that Cream Caramel up there is a seed plant in a 1L and that's why it's suffering a bit, I've found that it's much easier to use clones from sexually mature plants when finishing in small pots and that's really got to be my preferred method.

I was saying to Crystal Warrior that I find it a bit of a drag growing one or two plants of the same strain for about 4 months and then having a load of weed that's all the same, I like it better to have lots of small plants of various strains and a quicker turnover with the shorter veg times etc.

It is more work but really with what you can fit in a titchy drobe it's never a pain and mostly more enjoyable and interesting, I guess I like growing as much or more than I like smoking it though so for most people how they grow depends on what they want, how much time they have and how much effort they want to put in.

For this grow the only suitable seeds I have are four Cream Caramels, all my other seeds are impractical sats and Real Seed Co stuff. (I could buy more seeds of course.) From growing out the CC in the 1L I reckon it's ind-dom growth pattern should do ok in the 3L - it should reach maturity just about as the pots have rooted out and I'm expecting that (temp dependent) I'll mostly be watering them from between every three days to every day when they get near to the end. This is really a grow to get *some* weed as there aint no way I'm going buying it.

This is all counting my chickens before they hatch, if any don't make it then I'll be using bigger pots ;)

:yinyang:

Very nice Moog. I'm in the middle of building mine and reading this made me a little jealous.

Curious about a couple of things....

What did you end up packing out the fan box with?

Does the fan vibrate/resonate through the wardrobe with it sitting on the top?

QS

Hi Quicksilver :yep: Thank's a lot.

I didn't pack it out with anything in the end, I decided It just wasn't needed, there's no vibration or resonance at all, I'd like to think that it's due to the high quality of the td silent and that that's what i got when I paid all that money for it lol

I mounted the old 4 inch td silent in the loft when my bathroom extractor fan failed and thats just screwed to the ceiling joist - no vibration there either.

Hope that helps mate and just a note for the people at s&p to remind them of the address to send the cheque for my shilling, it's to The Moog, Doyley Woods, UK

Edited by The_Moog