A.CAB 250w hps cannabis factory wardrobe

The_Moog

Just a little update today about the passive intake and the shelf.

passiveintake2

This is the enlarged passive intake I made it roughly 25cmx25cm It'll need some kind of filter to stop dust and stuff coming through.

shelf

This is the shelf back in there, i had to chop a bit off to let the extra air through the gap is 20x40cm so bigger than the intake.

Various reasons for still having the shelf main one being to have the air flowing nice from the opposite corner to the filter but I'm also reckoning on keeping me nutes and jugs and things down there, not best practice maybe but I really need to keep stuff contained as much as possible.

I decided not to put in the veg area this time round, I think I'm probably going to get a bigger wardrobe when I can get one for a good price or failing that I might get a tent and use this drobe purely for vegging plants, something like that anyway, I'm really quite keen to get some plants underway sooner rather than later so as long as this setup works for that then alls good.

I'm pretty close to wacking up the silver stuff :spliff:

Edited by The_Moog
  • Like 3

Looking really good,test run time coming up :oldtoker:

Thanks for popping in Morten, I appreciate it :cheers:

Aye Friday and Saturday for the test run if all goes to plan, I still have to do some work on venting it to the outside.

I should have put this on at the start of the thread,

All Coppers Are Bastards

One more photo.

lightpos

This is the light, it's had to move over so its not really central anymore and no doubt the filter will suck up some light but still I reckon it'll do a good job with the hot air off the bulb being where it is.

• Like 2

Interesting read and nice set up. Will follow this as il be working with a similar work space. I just realised I have a Honeywell thermostat from my old back boiler that got taken out last summer!.

Keep the pics coming

Hi @@Retrotomo Cheers for poppin in :yep:

Another way to use the honeywell room stat is like this http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=55189 which should work with a single speed fan like an rvk and a wac1 speed controller provided that it's a 4 or 5 inch fan which it probably would be in the same space.

No photo's today, I've been sticking up the silver stuff and not got round to venting it outside yet. I have hooked it all up and switched it on for a fair while, it looks to be running in the low 20c 's and that's with the fan on low speed so it's all looking good so far.

lol Plans might change yet, I'm not sure if I have the patience to root out 3l 's right now eight 2l 's might be better, but I need more seed, I'll count up my pots. heh!

You might need to sharpen some stakes, if the stems get a bit long and floppy then when the buds get fat they'll be crashing into the walls and each other without support.

wtf3wk6

This one's posing in the corner because it can't hold itself up
  • Like 1

Ok, so I've fixed up the outtake to the air vent. It's much quieter like this but there is noise coming from the ducting.

joinvent1

This is how it looks, I'm feeling that it lacks stealth somehow...

joinvent2

It's a six inch duct and It sticks on with velcro.
This cheap foil ducting looks the part but if you shine a light up it when its stretched out you can see loads of pinholes, not a great problem if you're blowing filtered air through it but totally useless for connecting up a carbon filter.
I do think that this is all a bit of a bodge right now so I'm planning to re-work this a bit later on by busting through the grille and installing a hard pipe with insulation packed into the space. As it is at the moment there is some risk of condensation forming on the inside of the vent hole and that's not good so I'll have to keep a good eye on that as well as potential dribbles on the wall outside, I'll see how this goes and consider how to work it depending on what happens.
I do think that its better to vent outside, a setup like this can emit a couple of litres of water a day going full chat, I know that by the fact that when I was running it before I was watering them (on average) that much and of course it has to go somewhere.
Hopefully I can get a new and much bigger wardrobe and then mount the fan inside with a hole in the back of the wardrobe where that vent is and It'll all be much more stealth.

• Like 1

This is how its looking right now, almost ready to fire up properly :lookaround:

fullview

I set out the trays to see how they were fitting up, and those three fit well on the shelf, then there's another one on the floor beneath the gap, I'll use that for tall plants ;)
I set up the light a bit differently, it's sort of heaftily gull-winged now to keep it away from the roof and to try to get a wider throw/spread from the bulb where the filter's in the way.

I still need to sort out the intake filter and the light seal around the doors as well as other light leaks and holes that need blocking up, might have to get some more silver tape.

Edited by The_Moog

A plant with warm roots is normally a happy plant :)
This is what I use to keep the pots at a good temperature.

controller

Basically it's a digital thermostat with an external probe, made in China.

sensor

The probe isn't all that much cop tbf but it works.
Hooked up to the thermostat are some heated propagator trays, the probe sits in the heated tray and then a normal tray goes on top, I then set the temperature on the stat nicely on the high side, when I put the probe in the soil the temps went wonky as the pot dried out and the soil went from wet and heat-conductive to less wet and much more insulating.
It works fine but I think if I were buying stuff now I'd go for a reptile mat and thermostat the same or at least products that are really more designed for the job.

sml_gallery_42071_10771_130361.jpg

your reflector hoods upside down, you want the aluminum hood pointing down ;)

sml_gallery_42071_10771_219040.jpg

that looks like a ST1000, not bad for less than £12 :yep:

your reflector hoods upside down, you want the aluminum hood pointing down ;)

lol I hear ya :yep: I appreciate what you're saying and will consider it carefully.

My reason for sticking it up like this is that the plants will grow right up to the roof and so they'll take the light sideways. I'm kind of thinking that the whole thing is like one big shade anyway.

light

This is how I had it last time and there were some plants a gnats cock off hitting the roof and one was trying to grow up that outake duct.

creamandmanipwk8

These two are probably about level with the height of the bulb here, that's a halide bulb in there, you can see by the shadow that they're on the left and the bulb is on the right.
hmm, you've got me thinking now, maybe I'll change it about later on, things are different with the filter in there like that.

that looks like a ST1000, not bad for less than £12 :yep:

Aye, I think it's pretty good for the money really but worth having a couple of spare sensors handy if you're clumsey like me.