A.CAB 250w hps cannabis factory wardrobe

The_Moog

• 1 month later...

that's some wardrobe mate them handles look mint good luck am goin to the second hand shop for a double wardrobe the day

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Damn fine build @@The_Moog :yep: All posh and puts mine to shame lol

Now this light spreading bit of kit...looks like a real problem solver when dealing with low ceiling height and a bloody good idea, did you make or buy it mate and how does it all work for dissipating the heat from the lamp etc? Another thing, how much reduced distance from lamp to canopy do you think this would create on a 400w sodium?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Botanics,

I have to rebuild it all now lol

Apologies for the late reply, The light spreader is just what you need if you have low headroom, they sell them in most good grow shops, there's a 250-400w one and a bigger 600-1000w one, I dare say the small one might work with 150w too but it might be a bit big.

In terms of extra closness I'd say you should be able to half the distance depending on your setup.

• Like 2

I thought I'd do some photo's as I'm setting it up again and I have a new fan so I thought I'd show you how this one's going together.

tdwire1

This is just testing the fan before I chop the box up, making sure it works and doesn't need sending back. I like red and black :sly: they go well together.

tdwire2

High speed.

tdwire3

Low speed.

I decided I want it to be as quiet as possible, the plan is to stuff the box with fluff out of a pillow or something but even without that once the box is closed it's close to silent.

tdsupersilent1

I chopped the inserts up and then made holes in the ends of the box using my trusty pen knife.

tdsupersilent2

Heres a shot of it going through the end, I had to squeeze the duct into the box insert to get it in and then pull it out of the hole in the box.

Edited by The_Moog
  • Like 1

This is wiring it to the honywell thermostat

tdwire4

First off wiring the plug and putting in a low amp fuse, I'm sure you know how to wire a plug but I thought I'd post it for making the next pics clearer.

tdwire5

This is the wire from the plug wired into the thermostat to supply the power.

tdwire6

This is the thermostat with the wire that goes to the fan connected up.

tdgland

This is me poking a hole in the gland with my trusty pen knife,just wants a little poke..

tdwire7

This is the fan with the wire from the thermostat connected.

Essentially now the thermostat will switch the fan from low speed to high speed when the temperature reaches what I set the thermostat to.

Job done. :skin_up:

• Like 3

Expanding foam has been used with leepy boxes to quiet fans

Yeah good point, the Leepy option :yep:

Although to be honest there's more noise coming out of the carbon filter now.

• Like 1

Cheers matey, I'm going to plant four sweet seeds cream caramels and aim to finish them in 3 litre pots with a scrog or some other training techinque, keep it simple and get in some much needed bud, at least that's the plan lol

This is the filter setup this time round, It takes up a lot more room being inside and buggers up the light position a bit, but it's much much safer in terms of smell leakage, I've still got to dig out the fluffy prefilter.

filter1

The spiggot pokes through the hole in the roof and then the duct connects outside.

filter2

I screwed this bit of wood on to hold it up and brace it as tight as possible to the roof.

filter3

Ill be using a metric fuckton of silver tape here although with the spiggot poking out of the hole and the duct connected outside like that it should in theory not leak smells as it is.

passiveintake

I need to enlarge the intake, at the moment those three holes are all ~4 inches and now with the new fan they need to be at least 125/2=62.5x3.14=~200x3=600cm2 or 20x30cm.
  • Like 2