A.CAB 250w hps cannabis factory wardrobe

The_Moog

@@The_Moog, could you just cut the centre bar out? That would get on my tits. Might help light proof the gap between the doors though unless you're doing an interior curtain.

Just to add, do you not find having the fan and ducting popping out of the top a stealth issue? I can see why you're doing it, it gives you the veg section, whereas in mine that's the fan, ducting and outlet chamber....Please don't get me wrong, that's not a criticism, just a curiosity dude!

Edited by Captain Bonglington
  • Like 1

@@The_Moog, could you just cut the centre bar out? That would get on my tits. Might help light proof the gap between the doors though unless you're doing an interior curtain.

Just to add, do you not find having the fan and ducting popping out of the top a stealth issue? I can see why you're doing it, it gives you the veg section, whereas in mine that's the fan, ducting and outlet chamber....Please don't get me wrong, that's not a criticism, just a curiosity dude!

Howay @@Captain Bonglington :)

I have thought about what I could do with the centre bar but I think that I'd be likely to run into some problems with structural integrity which might be worse than keeping the bar where it is. It was an arse having a bar on the old drobe but really the worst aspect was that I couldn't get a nice photo of what was going on inside lol The bar does come in handy for attaching plant supports and netting so it is a bit six of one and half a dozen of the other really.

Once the thing is properly together I'm going to hide all of that fan box, sound insulate the ducting and hide all of that too, all of my wardrobes (the ones I keep clothes in) have stuff piled up on top of them so it shouldn't notice.

The thing which is a problem to conceal is the light ballast, with it needing good airflow it's a bit of a bugger really, I don't like putting it inside the drobe because it adds to the heat load and imv is more of a fire risk inside there, maybe something which is more of an issue with these magnetic ballasts than digital ones which hopefully (I have no idea tbh) have thermal cutouts built in.

• Like 1

Slow progress on the drobe.

shelf

I made the shelf and got it to fit, it's 18mm ply so I hope it'll be ok taking the weight.
The passive duct is 23x40cm so 920cm2, I need to do lots of fannying about to light trap it to stop the t5 from getting through, it's going to involve thin plywood, cooker hood foam and sticky back black velvet. But I'm just all about doing the woodwork at this stage.

haze

Something happened, I just stuck the prop in the corner, plugged it in and left it, current scores are Haze plus 1, Cream Caramel minus 2.
Shows how much I know. lol

So I just need to get this drobe built sharpish, I'll do a bit more to it tomorrow Heh!

Edited by The_Moog

It's a mixed blessing :) Always better to have the grow set up before planting the seed.

It'll take at least a week if not more to get this finished enough to switch on the t5, somehow I have to keep the seedling happy until then, on the windowsill.

Once your tent's up you'll be flying along.

Todays results,
Haze +2
CC -2
I managed to make a shelf using the shelf that was in it originally.

shelf2

It's just balanced there at the moment, everything is as it goes. I put it up 23cm above the top of that little 'wall'.
You can see that it sticks out further than the hole, I figured that I'd be able to put my cuttings at the back there and then maybe seedlings and possibly small clones can go on the edge basically under the light.
I would do more but I'm cream crackered, too much other diy going on right now.

One problem I have at the moment is that when the thermostat for the prop switches it makes a crack come out of the stereo, it's the amp's fault, the same thing happens when I switch anything on the circuit, annoying when it's the thermostat though.

Edited by The_Moog
  • Like 1

The cream caramels have gone to the compost heap.

haze

I've never grown such leggy seedlings as these lol

The drobe is making progress but nothing worth showing right now.

A little update today, things are coming along nicely.

hatch

I decided to get the 6 inch filter now rather than when the 5 inch packs up and I'm panicking or skint or both. I've made a hatch so that I can get it in and out more easily. The 5 inch will be useful as a back up and maybe for a drying cabinet or something.

intake

I made the intake, it's 40x15cm so 600cm2, the ledge there is supposed to be pissed like that, it's to kick the air into the room a bit and hopefully the incline will encourage more flow at the higher end. I'm going to screw that tube heater to the back so it goes accross the intake and then wire it into a room stat.
Other than that I've been putting in screws all over the shop, there's still a lot to do but I'm getting there.
  • Like 2

Looking sweet man. Good luck with the lightproofing, I know how much of a pain in the arse it can be. Mine has warped and contracted I think, which has created a load of light leaks again.

• Like 1

Cheers Captain :)

I'll need some luck with the lightproofing, last time I used sheeting and velcro, this time I'm going to use plywood and try to do a reasonably good job of it, I could do without the top leaking light to the bottom as much as anything else.

@@The_Moog, are you going to make a separate front face for the top section, or use the wardrobe door to make that face, if you see what I mean?

I made a separate face for my fan box, nipped down to q and b armed with measurements, and got them to cut it exactly to size. I could've done this myself, bit it's a free service, and I knew it would be cut to the mm and dead straight. I bought a wardrobe door knob and stuck it on the front so I could fit and remove it easily, then screwed 90 degree brackets into the drobe. So the front face of the top section just slides tightly into place and butts up against the brackets. This sits slightly back on the shelf, leaving me room to house my electrics. I then put two layers of E profile draught excluder across the front edge of the shelf, so the wardrobe doors close onto that, preventing light from travelling up, and also making it more airtight.

Hope that makes sense, not sure if any of that is useful to you, but thought it might give you an idea or two!

I'm looking forward to seeing this finished, I do like a nice drobe build!

• Like 1

Hi Captain,

I'm making panels top and bottom, they're like this -

panel1

That little hole is where the catch on the door is, a fiddly little bit to do.

panel2

This is how it is on the inside.
I'm about 40% of the way through doing the bottom panels, I've stopped for today now as I counted up the strips of wood that I have left and I really have to get the cuts right or I'll be going back to the diy shop to buy one strip of wood. :oldtoker:
  • Like 1