A.CAB 250w hps cannabis factory wardrobe

The_Moog

Thanks @@The_Moog

Joint hogger mentioned the TD350 in a post I made about choosing my fan but the 20db claims made me wonder if it was true. Are they really that good?

For me £125 is lot for a 5" fan but I guess you get what you pay for, an rvk is twice as loud on paper and half the cost.

Will pull up a chair for the cream caramels. Big fan of Sweet seeds :)

Edited by Quicksilver

Dont think the TD silent sounds as low as 20db but maybe in the ideal conditions it'll be low enough, you can only buy & try it yourself with a sound meter lol

heres an interesting vid to watch :yes:

dont know why they put the vent grill onto the 90' bends as surely the way the blades are angled will create additional resistance/noise ?

Edited by Joint hogger

Thanks @@The_Moog

Joint hogger mentioned the TD350 in a post I made about choosing my fan but the 20db claims made me wonder if it was true. Are they really that good?

For me £125 is lot for a 5" fan but I guess you get what you pay for, an rvk is twice as loud on paper and half the cost.

Will pull up a chair for the cream caramels. Big fan of Sweet seeds :)

I don't really know as I dont have an rvk to compare it with or a decibel meter to measure it with but I'm happy with the £125 I've spent on the td silent as I value quietness and also I make use of it's two speed function which means I have avoided spending £30 or more (much more) on a speed controller that doesn't make the fan whine.

I totally agree with what the learned Mr Hogger said in your thread there about getting a good quality fan which will be reliable :yes:. You should listen to him as he is one of the sensible people who give good advice ;)

Here's an annoying bloke explaining decibels, I gather the gist of what he's saying is that 44db is not twice as loud as 20db but more than that due to logarithmic bell ends or something like that anyway :spliff:

• Like 1

just adding to this , I made my own drobe and will be making a new one , but if you are fitting fans and extractors to the wood work just get some neoprene foam sheet on fleabay it has double sided stick on it stick it to the cabinet where you want to mount anything no vibration and takes out noise.

I mounted all my stuff with this under ,but not the ballest that's on bricks as they take the heat away better , I used driveway paving blocks.

• Like 1

I totally agree with what the learned Mr Hogger said in your thread there about getting a good quality fan which will be reliable :yes:. You should listen to him as he is one of the sensible people who give good advice ;)

fuck me lol thats the first time i've ever been called mr sensible lol

just adding to this , I made my own drobe and will be making a new one , but if you are fitting fans and extractors to the wood work just get some neoprene foam sheet on fleabay

it has double sided stick on it stick it to the cabinet where you want to mount anything no vibration and takes out noise.

I mounted all my stuff with this under ,but not the ballest that's on bricks as they take the heat away better , I used driveway paving blocks.

good idea on using neoprene but does it & the glue give of offgas ?

• Like 1

just adding to this , I made my own drobe and will be making a new one , but if you are fitting fans and extractors to the wood work just get some neoprene foam sheet on fleabay it has double sided stick on it stick it to the cabinet where you want to mount anything no vibration and takes out noise.

Cheers, :yep: @@noddy

I remember the old bubblers you had to put a doormat under the tanks to stop the vibration on the floor.

I've found that the worst thing is the oscillating fan, all round worst for vibration and of course plain old noise, I've always thoight of getting some of those 240v pc type fans and just having them fixed in position.

@@Joint

hmm give off gas how so mate .

see the ballast is sat on block paving brick on top of the neoprene , as for fans they give off no heat if that is what you was thinking the heat on the foam make the glue melt .

Sadly, there's no sign of germination of either strains so far, I dug up one of each to have a look and neither have done owt, not that I really imagined the hazes would but not the CC either, I'll give them till wed's morning and then make a decision. I dare say that its wholly down to having old seed and bad storage.

I'm really thinking at the moment that the wardrobe is just too small, I've been mulling over my options rather than working on it as I'm at the point where I have to spend money on the cooker hood material and stuff to light tight the door etc I think it might be better to get a new (to me) wardrobe that's bigger and fix that up instead.

This wardrobe has worked really well for me when I had it set up with the 4 inch fan, it worked well with the 4 inch filter too as at that time the fan and filter both fitted into the drobe although they did take up a lot of space and didn't really quite cope with having the veg area etc in there. Having two doors and the bar down the middle was an arse too although I doubt that's going to be easy to avoid.

flowerarea

vegarea

Edited by The_Moog
  • Like 1

Good news and bad today. :):(

The bad news is that a closer examination of another seed indicates that they're dead in the water, they must've been baked while they were stashed up at my pals.

Ye cannae fight against Jah!

The good news is that I have a new wardrobe. :D

This one is about the same height as the old one but is 120cm wide and 50cm deep, giving me 6.6 square feet of growing area, enough to seriously consider upgrading the light ;) heh!

It also looks better than the last one.

I'm thinking that the thing to do is start a new thread for the new war-drobe and that's what I'll do once I've thought of a suitably good title. :wassnnme:

In the meantime I'll have to dismantle the old drobe, shouldn't take long.

Edited by The_Moog

@@Joint

hmm give off gas how so mate .

see the ballast is sat on block paving brick on top of the neoprene , as for fans they give off no heat if that is what you was thinking the heat on the foam make the glue melt .

neoprene, especially what's used to glue it to other things, is nasty business. Formaldehyde. Toluene. Phthalate. Chlorine. "Hang on, Toluene, what's that," you say? According to Wikipedia,

"It is an aromatic hydrocarbon that is widely used as an industrial feedstock and as a solvent. Like other solvents, toluene is also used as an inhalant drug for its intoxicating properties;

however this causes severe neurological harm."

Off-gassing (also known as out-gassing) refers to the release of airborne particulates or chemicals—dubbed volatile organic compounds (VOCs)

from common household products. Potential sources of off-gassing range from construction materials to carpeting, cabinetry, furniture, paint, and any number of household goods.

• Like 1

I've got the old wardrobe down now and sat the new one in it's place, I'm well chuffed with it, it's maybe an inch shorter than the old one and the fan sits on top lovely with the out take joining up to the vent really well.

It's 120x52x165cm and it stands 11cm off the floor. That's the best part of 7 square feet growing area, far too big for 250w.

Edited by The_Moog

Onwards and err, outwards :lookaround:
I took the drobe apart, by undoing loads of screws, so that it'd be easier to work on.

bigdrobe3

First off I got rid of the optional extras

bigdrobe2

I'm putting the veg area up the top this time so I hung the T5 in there to make sure I had space either side, on the left for the passive duct / light trap and on the right for the filter, I'm planning to upgrade the filter to a 6 inch one when this 5 inch one wears out.

bigdrobe1

Heres a shot of the whole thing, there is a bar which goes up the middle but that's just tough. I'm going to put the shelf in 60cm from the top of the drobe, that's the height it was at last time and although it's a bit tight to work in it'll have to do, the way Ive fixed the T5 this time gives me an extra inch so that's something.
  • Like 1