JORGE'S DIAMONDS/Orange Hill Special/The Edge[A joint venture]

cannybuzz

Hi @@AutoMaster,

thanx for looking in n' thanx for the comp'. I've just been by your thread n' can see that my OHS have nothing on yours though AM! Mine were i think at aprox 31-33days when i topped 'em.I'll check. Pretty sure they would've shown presex,though must admit to not checking. I'll have a good read of the tutorial you kindly put up. Having now taken them at the fourth node,I'll train those two stems n' remove the lower sidestems. I'm in the middle of moving things around at the moment,so may be a bit lax with my skills,for what they're worth.I'll get there though n' am enjoying the learning curve. Remember that pic i put up of the primroses in the garden? The lanes around where i live are alive with them now. A lovely time of year. Great to be growing at the same time as you with this strain,n' thanx for your help. :yep:

Hi @@AutoMaster,

thanx for looking in n' thanx for the comp'. I've just been by your thread n' can see that my OHS have nothing on yours though AM! Mine were i think at aprox 31-33days when i topped 'em.I'll check. Pretty sure they would've shown presex,though must admit to not checking. I'll have a good read of the tutorial you kindly put up. Having now taken them at the fourth node,I'll train those two stems n' remove the lower sidestems. I'm in the middle of moving things around at the moment,so may be a bit lax with my skills,for what they're worth.I'll get there though n' am enjoying the learning curve. Remember that pic i put up of the primroses in the garden? The lanes around where i live are alive with them now. A lovely time of year. Great to be growing at the same time as you with this strain,n' thanx for your help. :yep:

Glad to be of help CB,....................at the stage of opposite nodes, i have trained one left one right, and taken the tip out of each end. As they are now post 35 days, and pre-sexed gynoecious, staggered or bi-nodal staggering of bows is now expressing it's self, with alternate branching. This will lead to 4 no branching's, each side, left & right, which will be concentrated on up to the switch to 12/12 at week six next (Mid) week. 42 days. To form 4 colas left & 4 right, trained up onto the cage ring attached to upright canes 4no.

These (Mained OHS) should now be moved to another space, to be vegged further, (2wks), but as i don't want to take the "Non mained", OHS to 7 wks of veg, they, (The mained OHS) will have to go 12/12 early at wk 6. As i dont have another space to separate veg on this occasion. So this is a staggered node mainlining experiment !!............should be interesting, and unknown, ive, never seen one !!.............untill now, should be cute to see the outcome, I am hoping i dont pay to much of a price with regard to size of colas, with cutting the mainliningveg period short etc......we will see in 10 weeks time !! >>>

Have toped the other OHS at top sprout just before post sex branching started. They are around 70cm in height at mo, i keep mine on veg feed for 10-14 days post 12/12, so total stretch should be 90-110cm max, with lots of powered side bows due to topping somatic growth energy redistribution. get the 1.2m cane out ready for the cage ring to bring all those bows into the vertical. I rotate my plants 180 degree's each day, to keep them all upright and evenly growing all round the bows, i find works well. Also allows close inspection of plant for issues and def's etc. Their getting 1-1.5 ltrs every other day at the moment. Thats 672 ltrs in 14wks. But will be upped to 1.5-2ltrs after veg nute ends. AM...............

Pre brached maining OHS;

Orange Hill Special DP  Day 33 bond mains 002

• Like 2

Hey 420's.

An update on the girls.

The following pics are of the last two JD's,plants 7 n' 8 Grace n' Janis. Going back to the beginning of their bloom cycle,remember they were

put into a mix of new n' used soil. The resulting growth was well below par. Where there had been no yellowing,there was plenty n' where there had

been good sized budz there were not. however,the plants have finished well enough The lesson learnt; get more soil than you think you need in!!

'Grace' Sat' dom pheno'. Top.

gallery_80526_6686_195670.jpg

'Janis'. Ind' dom' pheno'.

gallery_80526_6686_136533.jpg

I really like the extended calyx's on 'Janis. These have come about with the extra week she's had'. I've taken the other Ind' dom' ones at 8.5wks.

There are still the JD's cut's to come but i'll do a full nutes n' enviro' write up on the plants before they're done. I've said this before but anyone thinking

of giving these a go.Go for it!

The grow goes on.in the shape of these Orange Hill Special's n' The Edge's. Here are the seedlings at 5wks.

gallery_80526_6686_291436.jpg

The front seedling is The Edge.topped once. Great growth in a week. :)

gallery_80526_6686_236241.jpg

This one showed the OHS,topped. Much thicker Indica stems can just be seen.

I'm afraid there's a lot going on in my life at the moment,alot of it good,some of it not so. Both factors are gonna be taking up more of my time than before,n' if the diary slips at all,well,those are the reasons why. Bit like wading through mud at the moment. But hey,onwards n' upwards,innit!

If i have any understanding of the word Zen,it's my grow n' feeling i get when i'm in it.

Zen gardening's gotta be good for the mind,body n'soul. At least it proves to be so for me.

.Happy Grows.

:)

• Like 3

.....Zen Gardening,The Flip Side.....

Here you are mate,you can have this tent for your next grow. Oh yeah,you can have the infestation of SPIDERMITE that goes with it!!

Feck,Feck,Feck,Feck,Feck,Feck,Feck,Feck, AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooosh! Big,no,huge great intake of breath and........Deal with it!! My fault entirely.Never,never ever,use someone elses used kit. At least not without cleaning it!!!

gallery_80526_6686_56677.jpg

First things first,empty n' clean tent. I'm using Plant Vitality +. I've got a bottle saved for emergancy's.Good job too! I sprayed n' wiped tent down.

Then one by one i sprayed each plant,it's container too,n' replaced them in the grow. Took a few hours. The tents got a mat in which i emersed in a trough filled with mildly bleached water. Once dry i then sprayed that too before replacing the plants.

gallery_80526_6686_354324.jpg

I'd almost finished repotting them when i noticed the infestation. You can see that the repotted plants at the back of the grow are greening up nicely.

I'll let 'em rest for a day before repotting the last few. I did all the de bugging work on a mat in the room the tents in. Once all utensils,botttles of feed etc had a good wipe down with a bleached cloth,i removed the mat from the grow room. I'm going to hoover later n' give the outer room a spray aswell. Hopefully this will prove effective!

What a feckin' palavar. All because i was lazy n' didn't clean everything pre use. Still,job's done now,so it's onwards n' upwards. There's a veg tent with lots of lovelyness in it that i'll have to give a treatment too,but only if i see any prob's. It's got 10 of Ratdogs Cheese x Pychosis b x 1 in it along with various Jorge's Diamonds cut's. Don't really want to mess about with it if i can help it.

gallery_80526_6686_160811.jpg

They're under a 250w metal Halloid n' all doing quite nicely at the moment.

Let's hope it stays that way n' they can grow into something like these next two. JD's P7 n' 8

Grace.

gallery_80526_6686_237557.jpg

Lovely bud stucture

gallery_80526_6686_78370.jpg

N' Janis,her sat dom sister.

gallery_80526_6686_27258.jpg

If i manage to get the rest of my plants finished like these two i'll be well happy. @@auto Master's mainlining technique will be employed in

the management of two of my OHS n' TE's. Cheers AM. N' then see how we go from there. With all the ups n' downs i'm wading through at

the moment i could've done without the mites. Having dealt with them promptly has given me a good feeeling of satisfaction though with

the prospect of a good result. I'll finish the cleaning of the outer room this evening n' tomorrow morning.

Oh my lawd' what a day. lol.

.Happy Grows All.

• Like 3

That is a pisser CB................however, read this journal 420 bredren...........

https://www.icmag.com/modules/Tutorials/PlantTrouble/1552.htm

I allway's keep the bottle of "Neem" oil (Pyrithium) local.......i never go in room with shoes i have been out in or a jumper either, i allway's make shure i wear me DP canna 'Slippers" !!...and wear latex gloves, when ever you lay hands on the girls, "Grow Room Bio Security" is a Key game,...the two spot mite cycle is 40 day's, so you should keep a treatment going in every 3 days to the plants, (Under neath leaves) as eggs have a rock hard shell. However, when they hatch and stick in the oil of Neem they starve to death.........and cant lay eggs again.............the eggs will hatch over 40 day cycle...........you zap em every 3 day's cannyB.......it's a forty to 60 day exit strategy CB...........hard work but gotta be done to prevent a re-occurrence of neem immune mite.

Live & learn bro,... it may be unlikely you cross contaminated from the kit. If kit was dormant for greater than forty/sixty days not near any green leaves, low temps slows hatch to a 10-25 day crawl. More likely you brought them in on trousers or jumper sleeve. from dog walks ?,.have you got a cat ?.cat stroking with bare hands unwashed before room workings ?.then went in room and brushed against the girls bro......(Job Done, Cross Contamination).....check under a 50/100mag loop if they are red or white mite ?/..whites are shitters, 60 day cycles,..........most mite 8 legged, are less than 500 micron, half millimeter across CannyB, So small man you wouldn't even suspect it on clothes etc...............cats/dogs/people bring em in to a warmer environ as well CannyB...............lots of way's in bro..............in addition they "Walk" to plants, upto 3mtrs away !! equivalent of 1000 miles in scale terms.......another one of mother natures slow killing machines !.......................the cow !! And what purpose do they serve ??.......selection ?? who knows !!

Sorry to hear of the other rain that is falling your way bro............hope it comes good, by the time you hang it all out to dry in it's entirety man..........that's a lot of work getting standing kit clean man, well done for that day's work.......well done.

A tip is;..............mites dont like bright light !!..........and generally only feed on the soft "Stoma" weak points "Under" the leaves of the girls, sucking the "Exolem Plasma"...............tip = take plant individually, shine a 250/400 metal halide "Underneath" the leaves,,,,,,,,the mites migrate to top of leaf in less than 15-20 mins,..........where you can zap em every 3 days untill adults larvae and pre larvae are "Dead" and gone. a mite can lay 30-60 eggs a day, so killing adults is key 1st move with MH and neem oil. neem oil is good on mites that have never been treated..........but build immunity in around 60-90 day's..............leaving the lethal 40/60 day window for neem killing effectiveness.........another tip is "Clinical Alcohol Wipes".....which can be used as instant 100% kill rate, melts em like butter bro !!, when wiping under side of leaves, is ok for a few plants, but could take a while for a few ladies, especially if large, but not in flower. Steer clear of "Organophosphate" pesticides ok.

One good thing is this,........the plant will detect that stoma are depleting, and it's response is......."To Triple Trichome Production"....trichs are not affected by mite at all, neem is organic so shouldn't affect bud quality, cannyB............hope this has been of help cannyB, and i aint gone on too long either !!.... great growing skills all-round cannyB, well done man..........AM

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 2

Hi AM,

as always thorough n' helpful. :yep: It's a real bad turn of events,that's for sure. You're so right when you describe the many ways in for the critters. Unfortunately i've inherited an enviro' that looks to have been badly contaminated by previous occupants. I've got about every aspect you describe,cats,other people in near vicinity. I'm hoping to switch to a new grow space at the end of this grow n' will be spending time getting this entire space sorted so there's no transference of buglife. I'm staying away from it all for the night.had enough for today :no: .lol. I'm pretty sure there's white n' red. the way they attacked one plant in particular was something to behold.a matter of days n' it just seemed to be smothered judging by the leaf damage. May be the pots too which were again inherited.they've all had a good spray n' the floor has been sprayed in the hope of catching any runners. i use latex gloves in the grow anyway n' clothes are in a bag to be washed.Shoes could be a prob'. I think my only resourse is to stay on top of it as best i can n' hope that i can stop it. Cheers for taking the time to write such a good post n' for the inclusion of the link. Unfortunately there may already be cross contamination to my perpetual sog.if so i'll be fighting it on two fronts. :wallbash: The other rain that's falling isn't too bad in my area but is still presnt.The rain drops on my m'bike the other day were outlined by Saharan sand. Almost gave it a pearlecant look. Take care n' keep on doin' what you do so well. :)

• Like 1

Hi 420'S.

Perpetual sog update.

Thankfully the mites seem to be under control in the tent,n' there doesn't appear to be any cross contamination to my perpetual sog cupboard. :) .

I've got those pesky lil' black flies in there though, lol,not such a prob'. Still,it's something that needs dealing with.The cupboard has my four Jorge's cut's taken from 'Billie' n' one plant each of the OHS n' TE's in it. Once the cut's are done i'll pull the OHS n' TE's out n' give it a good clean too. So,here's some pics of the cut's n' the two new plants in to 12/12.

The cut's.

gallery_80526_6686_332109.jpg

N' some single shots.

gallery_80526_6686_71122.jpg

gallery_80526_6686_280697.jpg

gallery_80526_6686_37467.jpg

'Orange Hill Special'.

gallery_80526_6686_238723.jpg

'The Edge'.

gallery_80526_6686_229584.jpg

The Grow goes on,all be it slightly askew. lol. lol.

The two new girls into 12/12 have been topped once. I've just topped their two sister plants again, that's twice now.they're still in veg. With the plan still too mainline them if i can. I'm running backwards n' forwards alot on the bike n' the feckin' rain won't stop falling round my way at the mo'. I'm taking a welcome day off two catch up with this diary,but still have too get off out n' do some other things . Shopping et all . Man's gotta eat. lol.

Pics weren't great were they. I'll endeavour to do better. Hope all are well. Catch ya later.

Happy Grows.

• Like 2

Looking good C.

Try bottom watering/feeding for a bit, that'll help keep the fungus gnats away.

ATB

P

• Like 2

Cheers P.

Hope you're well. Fungus gnats! good to have a name for the lil' feckers. There's some discolouration of the fan leaves. I'm wondering if this is down to them as well as i can't find any other reason. It's supposed to brighten up next week.Hope to get the chance to prep a couple of outside plots i've found. Any of your South American adventures being serialized soon mate.Could do with a good travel story read. Atb.

• Like 1

It was good to hear from you T.

Thought i'd do this lil' bit to celebrate our on going journey.

gallery_80526_6686_175593.jpg

gallery_80526_6686_231083.jpg

Put a smile on my face hearing from ya. So i did a self portrait of it. lol. lol.

gallery_80526_6686_131672.jpg

Jorge's Diamonds,The Church n' Black Russian dry sift. Ummm!

I'd best light another bowl.

Take Care n' Happy Grows 420's.

Hi all,

I found this product.

gallery_80526_6686_32575.jpg

If it is as it says on the packet,pesticide free. n' it does what it says on the packet. Kills flying insects.Then i'll be well happy.Anyone have any experience with it?

I'll let you'll know if it proves to be any good.

Tutorial for mainlining. Web address. "www.growweedeasy.com/main-lining-technique-nugbuckets.

I have just started 4 Ugorg strains that I am going to mainline. Got both styles going i.e clone and seed. Will be adding it to the Amnesia journal for the first topping and forming of the "mainifold". Then i'll start a new journal for them. The prep work is the killer. Takes around a month for me.

Good luck.

MistY

• Like 2

Hey @@MistYGr33n,ta for putting that link up mate.AM also put it up further back in this thread but cheers anyway mucker. There's also a great tutorial on how to do a PROPER scrog. It's a 1 or 2 pages back. Sorry mate,i'm too done in to look now but i will tomorrow. Just been moving grow.Just finished n' am gonna put a coupole of pics up now on here. Thanxfor bothering to do that link mate. :yep:

• Like 1

Just fully caught up on this diary dude. Dem some awesome bud shots ;) and the dry sift looks like some tasty stuff. Crackin thread m8 enjoy the fruits. Atb shadow

• Like 2

.Growroom Update.

Seem to be in a state of perpetual flux. lol. Moving has thrown up all sorts of logistical probs to be ironed through.Today was one move that i'm glad is out of the way 'cause this one involved the plants being moved from one location to another whilst at 4wks flowered n' big into the bargain. lol.

It sort of went like so;

Lunchtime. Two tents to come down.One full of cut's n' seedlings n' one full of plants,most at 4wks,some just in.

First,plants out of tents into room. Cut's tent down n' moved. Main 1.5m x 1.5m tent partly disassembled n' moved. Cut's n' main tent reassembled in new place. New extraction added to each. cf n'4" for cut's n' cf n'5" for main tent.Run to outside n' away from property. Main tent on in the day to hide heat sig' among other heat outlets that run in the day til final move's made.Nah, lol,not done yet.This is hopefully the penultimate move in this exercise in covert removals. 'Canny's covert removals',now there's an idea.. Right,next all the paraphanalia we gather.The feeds,pots,spare bulbs,water buckets,etc. Don't we collect some stuff. Lucky ol' me is a bit spoilt for choice at the mo'. I'm thinking of having a look at Canna's new bio range. Organic! Anyone have any experience with these? For now though it's ionics n' Buddha's Tree.

Tents up n' running,it was time for the girls n' ladies. Waited til the end of the day. The move was only 5m.Out of one structure into another,only overlooked from one spot n' a chance that a walker on a nearby track could chance a long at the wrong moment. Seen 'The Great Escape'? HaHa!! I waited for the spotlight to pass, lol, lol,n' made my move. First,10 seedligs of @Ratdogs Cheese x Pychosis b x 1. Cheers mate,they're doing nicely at 2wks since germ'. Two by two,eat your heart out Russell Crowe. Out,down some steps,a few long Freewheelin' Franklin strides n' into their new gaff. Repeat x 4. Next 4 JD cut's at 1' each. Stride,stride,in you go too. That's the littlun's almost sorted. Next the plants. One at a time. Big pots,heavy x 14.

Phew!! Seemed to take ages,no,it did take ages, lol,

I've been lookin' forward to hanging this.

gallery_80526_6686_93157.jpg

100cm Parabolic. :yahoo::yahoo:

It's in the 1.5m x 1.5m tent. The difference in light spread was noticable the moment i turned it on in the empty tent. Great,they're gonna love it.

gallery_80526_6686_96736.jpg

Taken lights off.i'll get some better shots for ya soon as.

I thought if i was gonna be doing this all day i'd probably be in need of a nice lil' tokey to write the resuls of the day out here. So i took a couple of bubble bags n' did a quick shake of some shake last night in preperation.

gallery_80526_6686_202181.jpg

It's a lovely colour,a yellow with a pink hue.(excuse the hairs)they were removed. lol.

Sprinkled some on a base of JD's. Reminds me of finest Red leb'. Which is handy as it was my favourite res' before the war put paid to their seperate harvest n' we started getting all the perfumed leb' which i thought a poor second to it's earlier seperate,gold n' red states.(see 'Great Book of Hashish Vol 1.) Only a hand press,so it's very light. I've just had a bowl n' am enjoying this spliff as i write.

gallery_80526_6686_193726.jpg

Nice it is too! Pretty twisted buzz. JD's sinse' with JD's,The Church n' Black Russian hash.

N' that was the move part 3

I'm gonna go for a walk about me enviro' to check everything's cool for the plants in theirs. Light leaks,aroma leaks,sound leaks. I need a leak. HaHa!

Spliff's done n' the bowl's empty.umm..... Walkabout first Canny'. Secure,then chill.

This is laughs all day what we do. Long may it be so!

Happy Grows 420's.

Edited by cannybuzz
  • Like 3