JORGE'S DIAMONDS/Orange Hill Special/The Edge[A joint venture]

cannybuzz

Cheers @@cannybuzz, will have a look back and find the true scrog stuff. I've read Nugbuckets Mainlining tutes, they are great. I have many ideas about training very low for very short headspaces, and I've seen quite a few novelly trained plants whose ideas are something to bring in and evolve slightly. Luckily I have aumber of clones and plants from seed to work with but I'm winging it really ;)

It must be great to have some headspace to let your ladies stretch into.

:yep:

• Like 2

Looking good canny lad i dont know how ya keep track on all that lot lol ide be in a rit tangle by now lol top work canny lad ATB with em.......hemp

• Like 2

Cheers @@cannybuzz, will have a look back and find the true scrog stuff. I've read Nugbuckets Mainlining tutes, they are great. I have many ideas about training very low for very short headspaces, and I've seen quite a few novelly trained plants whose ideas are something to bring in and evolve slightly. Luckily I have aumber of clones and plants from seed to work with but I'm winging it really ;)

It must be great to have some headspace to let your ladies stretch into.

:yep:

That's what i love about 420. The info's there at the touch of a button. I'm doing a strain called 'The Edge' by Dutch Passion. It's Sativa dominant n' i'm running it along side a more indica dom' strain-'Orange hill special'. When i looked in on them the other night i was struck by how fine n' delicate The Edge is n' how suited to a scrog it is. It's stems are like the end of a really flppy 7' carp rod. really easy to bend. I had topped it n' the stretch was about 2' on top of the 12" height when put under 12/12. The two stems bent out easily to almost flat without any strain at all,like i say,stems so fine that they bend really easily. This would be great for a low scrog. The internodes are roughly 4" apart. In a scrog i reckon you'd end up with a tent full of 3' stems or 2' if topped after they've shown through the net. I've been looking for a plant to scrog n' when i saw this the other night,i found it. I'll start this in a scrog as soon as i can set one up. atb n' ta for looking in.

Looking good canny lad i dont know how ya keep track on all that lot lol ide be in a rit tangle by now lol top work canny lad ATB with em.......hemp

Hi HEMP',write it all down mate.lol. i couldn't manage it otherwise. If it comes on top,it comes on top.F'ck 'em if it did,lol. Time's the bug at the mo',or lack of it,lol. Doing something about that. Pulling them into one diary in the med' forum soon. Anyway,i was in awe of your grow when you got out of hospital,(how is the hip?) I just know you ain't been using the Comphy(knitbone). Come on 'fess up.Have you?lol. You seemed to be a bit busy in the grow yourself. Amazing how quick a good seed stash builds up when you're on here isn't it. Look out for m' med' diary Hemp',it's gonna be a hoot. There are Owls in the surrounding trees at the garden i'm making. Sat out under that full moon the other night. Felt like a twitt. Ha Ha! :)

We sow the seed to grow the weed!

HeeHee! :clown:

gallery_80526_6686_94702.jpg

.....28g-1oz of Jorge's finest sparklers.....

Even after such a short dry,6 days hanging,i've just grabbed a spliffs worth of this,which i've just taken off the stems n' that one 'Raw of pure'lol, was smooth as you like. The buzz is that lovely eyes wide open energized head with a warm body stone.Very nice!. The two cut's pulled just under 2oz each,say 50gms give or take. Started small,10-12",if allowed to start 12/12 at double that n' topped,maybe with the help of a supercrop,(though the stretch on these 'Diamonds is minimal.)the cut's would easily pull 112-140gm,4-5oz. I'll brown bag this lil' lot for a week then it's into the jars with it. Will it get to stay in that jar for long? Maybe but then maybe not. n' finding m'self in this doubtful state i'd best do like my Avatar says...........a few mins later...ummm this is tasty,fruit is the first taste,then a big lug on the spliff,deeply inhaled brings an almost enhanced taste of the friut,like the difference between a lemon n' grated lemon zest. If that makes sense to you you're doing well, lol, lol. I can hardly understand it m'self. To give that description i'd taken 5 or 6 good tokes on this spliff n' the giggles have set in. This is now in danger of getting very messy. So before it does i'll finish this post. Plants to water,cut's to pot on n' A'pots to build. I'm going for the 3ltr up into the 15ltr this time instead of 1ltr up to 10ltr as i have been.

Hi Ho,Hi Ho,it's off.............. :clown:

.Happy Grows.

:)

• Like 4

Update on 'The Cheese x Pychosis B x 1'.

They're all looking nice n' healthy.

gallery_80526_6686_276958.jpg

At 27 days they'll be ready to show their sex anytime now.

gallery_80526_6686_139557.jpg

Lovely uniform young plant. Wonder what sex it is? I'll be turning it upside it's head along with it's mates any time soon to find out. Have a good look at it's internodes see if the preflowers are showing. A good way to tell if they're about to is to look at the two lil' points that sit at the base of the opposing branches. Sitting parallel to eachother they cross towards eachother being forced to move as the flower makes it way out of the joint. Nah,not the joint in your hand, lol,how stoned are you! I'll put up a pic of what i'm on about soon as. I've just got another m'bike. A 250cc Suzi which i've tricked up streefighter styly. Handles like a boat, lol, i've done the rear shox n' re filled the fork oil,should be a better ride. Was looking forward to riding it tonight. My youngest Daughter is getting married on Saturday. Canny' in a suit.HaHaHaHa! n' I'm due to meet up with family to finalize things n' it's flippin' tipping down! :woot: .Oh well i'd best skin up n' get m' wet weather gear on.

.Happy Grows.

• Like 3

.'Jorge's Diamonds'.

.'Grow Specs'.

gallery_80526_6686_91941.jpg

As soon as i started these JD's i knew i was on to a winner. Once grem'd n' potted up,they settled straight in. Growing at a rate where width equaled height whilst in veg. The two different Phenotypes,(Indica dom' n' Sativa dom') only showing themselves once Flowering had begun. It soon became apparent that there were two distinct Pheno's. She fooled me for a while,had me thinking there were three,but no,just the two. More about that in a bit.

Here are the spec's.

Abreviations are;

RS =root stim.

BS= bloom stim.

G= grow

B=bloom

9/18= Buddha's Tree PK 9/18.

F= Flush.

-----------------------------------------

Here we go, lol,

WK 1. 1G,RS.

WK2. 1G,RS.

WK3. 1B,1G,BS, ((.point)25ML 9/18. is used til last 2wks)).

WK4. 2B,BS,9/18.

WK5. 2B,BS,9/18.

WK6. 2B,1G,BS,9/18.

WK7. 3B,.5ML 9/18.

WK8. 3B,9/18.

WK9. (Indica dom' pheno')DAY 1,2,3- .5ML 9/19.day 4,5,6,F.

WK9. (Sativa dom' pheno') 4B,.5ML 9/18.

WK10.(Sativa dom' pheno')DAY 1,2,3,.5ML 9/18.DAY 4,5,6,F.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did they go?

gallery_80526_6686_88033.jpg

I grow in premium soil,therefore no need for any feed in the first 3wks of veg. The Ind' dom,yellowed slightly in the fourth wk,so could be given 1G if you want. I didn't bother n' once potted on from the 1ltr Airpot,(vegged under a T5),to the 10ltr n' put into 12/12 under the 600w dual spec' they stayed green all the way to harvest. These JD's are light feeders in the first few weeks of flower n' any overdose during this time will bring about clawing. The Sat' dom' in particular needs working on in veg. I topped all the plants at 3wks veg. Giving them a wk to recover before potting on n' placing in 12/12. They quickly fill the 10ltr with roots showing at the bottom by end of wk1 flower. I didn't have the time or space to allow them to fill out their finishing pots before they went under. If this were done they'd do better,

Once they reach 4.5-5wks they start to get hungry. They may have you thinking that they're not going to get that big,the sat' dom' looking wispy. Then they start fattening up as they take more nutes.

gallery_80526_6686_96106.jpg

The stretch on the sat dom is longer than it's Indi' mate,n' will require some lst or supercropping to keep it in check if growing in a small space. Supercrop inwards on the sat dom as it spreads. The Ind' dom not so much n' will just need toppping.

During the 2nd half of bloom they start to display two different bud structures. The Sat' dom' has rounded flat type tops while the ind' has classic Ind' budz,solid but forming into more of a point. The Indica dom' has all the tichomes. Littered with 'em it is. Hence the moniker,n' sparkling it is too. :)

Here they are;

Ind' dom'

gallery_80526_6686_220508.jpg

Sat dom'

gallery_80526_6686_218400.jpg

Sorry,only a shot of the bud on that one,can't find a pic right now.

Th Ind' dom' finished anywhere between 7.5-9wks. Let 'em go to 9wks n' they'll reward you with solid nugz,the calyx's protruding more in the last wk. The Sat dom' takes a wk to 10 days longer,finishing well,bang on 10wks.

I go by the tric's.

The Taste; Fruity n' dank.

The Aroma; Stawberry/Raspberry Bubblegum. Yummy!!

The all important high: It's an energized head,full of ideas with a light warm body. Giggles come on fast when hit hard,the Sat' side showing itself,supported by a warm floaty body. No intense feelings of agitation when the hit is building,the mind relaxed by the Indica but with a clarity to the thoughts.

The various processes;

.Hash.

gallery_80526_6686_64529.jpg.

This comes mostly form the ind' dom. A great relaxing stone full of ideas. Save the trim from the Sat dom' too n' it's giggly as you like.

.BHO.

gallery_80526_6686_128426.jpg

Oh my days,what a buzz. ummmmmmmm!!!!!!

Read back through the thread to where i hit the BHO n' you'll find me at my most ludicrous,n' flighty. :clown:

I didn't adjust the PH,the soil buffering it all the way through. I didn't measure the E.C. Why didn't i measure these? Because i wanted to study the plant,see what it told me. To show that you don't need meters for this n' pens for that to bring a crop home. The Cannabis plant is green in colour. lol,if it fades give it a bit of nitrogen,wait a few days see how it looks. A lot of prob's with the weed we try to grow are bought about by adjusting this altering that. Leave it be. Get a good grow book. Jorge does a good one. Use this site n' all the brilliant people on it. We're here to grow weed n' together we can do this really well. When i came to UK420.com i could grow a crop. 'Least that's what i thought. lol. In the space of 18 or so short months. Years of ol' skool skills have been honed n' i now grow weed of a far superior quality. I will be forever grateful to you all for this.

The time is fast approaching where I will be putting all my energy's in to a med' grow. Put the skills i've gained to good use. I have a new job in the Canna ' industry n' because of this i will be taking more of a back seat. On the low low if you like.

I'll be about n' will put up all details of where you can find me.

At the end of the day,all i want to do is sow a seed n' grow some weed. If i can then learn more n' make some medi' grade oil i will.

Watch This Space!

Thanx to Tony n' all at Dutch Passion!!

.Happy Grows 420.

gallery_80526_6686_94702.jpg

• Like 6

Hey @@styer556,

how are ya?. thanx for looking in. I haven't been out n' about visiting other threads as much as i should,but i'll be sure to catch up soon. Til' then have a good summers growing mate. atb

Edited by cannybuzz

Hey Cannybuzz great cheers ,had a disaster with my white widows and og kush they hermied very badly at 5 weeks flower and had to chop :(

have put on 1 white widow and am going to scrog it , will through on some autos also, 9 weeks wasted lol

you have grown some amazing plants there bud :rockon:

• Like 1

Hey Cannybuzz great cheers ,had a disaster with my white widows and og kush they hermied very badly at 5 weeks flower and had to chop :(

have put on 1 white widow and am going to scrog it , will through on some autos also, 9 weeks wasted lol

you have grown some amazing plants there bud :rockon:

Hi Styer,sorry to here about the hermies. Poor luck seemed to dog me at times too but look where i am now. Keep plugging away mate n' you'll get there. Thought of subscribing? i did n' got some great genetics. Atb bro.

Off out on my m'bike to my youngest daughters wedding which is tomorrow. My baby's all grown up :yes: . Back in on Monday. Have a good wk/end all. Canny'.

Edited by cannybuzz
  • Like 2

CannyB, the JD dried flowers look great man. Well done at that one Cb. Stawberry/Raspberry Bubblegum. Yummy!! Sounds bang on Cb, Sounds Like a Dutch Passion Result !!

That piece of "Hashish" looks stunning to bro.......super nice, and fresh !!

cannyB, i notice from your specs below; you start the B + BS at wk 4. 6wks from end and not 3wks from end. I find that interesting, But you keep the G going in intermittently unto wk 7. Then the last 4wks, hit the Dames with the full B, + BS and PK 9/18. I take it that, say 1B + 1G is 1ml ltr of each say ?.

CannyB; Qs;

What size res do you make up ? and is it kept outside the space at a lower temp at house ambient temp ?

Your end of grow flush is 6 days in total Cb ? i usually do 10-14, checking Ec of run of, watching it drop to, a low of 3 times running Ec etc.

WK 1. 1G,RS.

WK2. 1G,RS.

WK3. 1B,1G,BS, ((.point)25ML 9/18. is used til last 2wks)).

WK4. 2B,BS,9/18.

WK5. 2B,BS,9/18.

WK6. 2B,1G,BS,9/18.

WK7. 3B,.5ML 9/18.

WK8. 3B,9/18.

WK9. (Indica dom' pheno')DAY 1,2,3- .5ML 9/19.day 4,5,6,F.

WK9. (Sativa dom' pheno') 4B,.5ML 9/18.

WK10.(Sativa dom' pheno')DAY 1,2,3,.5ML 9/18.DAY 4,5,6,F.

Sorry to hear you wont be around as much bro...........keep dropping in though, when you can......................you have showed that, at least 18 months of learning curve is required to get the effort tuned in to the girls needs, and to learn the signs, given back from the dames. Now you have gained the "Intuition" in tuition for life bro ! For the first time i am running ultra low Ec's, using tap water at 220ppm TDS to buffer my RO water to 200ppm, topping up with AN B or G to bring it upto 250ppm total buffer. I am currently running 200-250ppm of nute on top of this base buffer TDS. bearing in mind that "Calcium" needs to be present in fair quantity to vector the Pk into the dames. As Pk uptake is linear to the available calcium, Ph dependant, as calcium is pushed out of uptake zone, Ph dependant. Superb DP Georges Diamond outcome Cb,.............AM

• Like 1

Hi AM,

I'll try to answer those Q's. Firstly the grow spec chart is an average over all 8 plants.Sorry,i should have said. I may well have been using the BAC bloom stim at the wrong time. No info on it n' hadn't checked,only been told some years ago to use it in the first few wks of bloom after giving root stim for the last three wks of veg. Made sense when the grow shop owner told me but i'll defer to you if i should be using it in the last three wks of bloom. Yes,1B n' 1G does mean one ml of each. Because i was running a perpetual sog adding n' removing a plant each wk for 10wks,i had to average out the plants needs per wk.Averaging out the watering of nute filled water between a few plants at a time. If that makes sense. And would add 1G as and when i felt a plant needed it. My lack of the use of ph n' ec meters came about as one failed n' i couldn't callibrate the other,lol,so i then took this oppotunity to have a go without one,once i'd noticed as the grow started that the plants were doing ok being tended by eye n' recognizing that this would be a great chance to do it this way to gain a better understanding of them i continued without. That's worked,though i recognize that with better measuring of ec n' ph levels an increase in quality n' quantity would be the outcome! To this end i intend to grow my Cheese x Pyschosis B x 1 's in the new BioCanna organic soil with all new BioCanna nutes,stims n' boost. the entire range infact. i'm going to get all new ec,n' ph pens aswell. The plan to try out this new range as it's eu certified as being organic. I'll put up pics of all nutes n' equipment once i get their new home biult.120cm/W,120cm/L,210cmH space. It'll have a 100cm Flat white Parabolic in it. Like you i want to properly monitor the grow. I'll need your advice Bro! Once run I keep my water in the grow space for 24hrs n' make it up in a 15ltr res which i stir quiclky with a tool made up of two taped together canes,which vigorously oxygenates the water before i pour on to the plants. Groom temps are 21 off n' 28 on. Don't know humidity but will get a dual thermo/hydometer to monitor the new grow. Some of these tools n' a new co2 bag i'll be adding to my current main JD tent soon to try out before moving them into the cxpxb1 space. in 1 month i want the move to be finished with one indoor space being used to study genetics before moving suitable candidates to 'Medicine Row',the outdoor canna med' garden i;m beginning next week. Check it AM.Ive just started it in the med forum. I'll be continuing my OHS n' TE's in a new diary here in the DP forum. So,unlucky you lot. You've not seen the last of me yet. i've just got back from giving my Youngest Daughter away at her wdding. It has been one of the happiest n' proudest days of my life! :) Made doubly so by the fact that we both knew how lucky we were that i could be there with her. So now with one less social occasion to attend,lol,n' with my change of accomodation almost complete,i should by the end of next wk,or the next wk at the very latest,be up n' running. Any thing i've missed out? Oh yeah, the flush. I flush for that long having found the smoke to be clean with no crackle n' smooth to the taste n' on the chest but again the length of this flush is debatable. I have had the last two of four JD cut's being given just plain water since i took the last two down,which i think is about 9-10 days,n' which i quickly cropped one of this evening when i got back. Bopping to Paulo Nutini,loud as i did,lol. Lovely n' solid n' almost creamy in texture. The bud,not Nutinithat is. Do you get what i mean by that A sort of oiled cottonwool texture. Yeah it's been a wedding day but lol,no i don't drink. Anyone who's grown this Jd's will know what i mean. It reminds me of somethng. Is it Nordle? or perhaps Grapefriut. This cut's gone 10wks.I'll check the trics on the one left in tomorrow. My bet is all cloudy with a few amber. Blimey my fingers worn to a stub.lol. Anything i've missed i'll get to tomorrow. i've also worked out that the 8 JD's gave an average of 2.5oz-70grms each. About 560grms for the 8 under a dual spedc' 600w. Below par! i must try to do better. Watch this space for an update on the main JD's tent at at 6wks 12/12 which is doing considerably better. :yahoo: Atb AM.

• Like 1

Cannyb quote edited down for answers on content; So 420'ers can carve of imfo of interest to them, hopefully, of use. AM

So here we go with a quality critique debate, re the important subjects Cb has aired here on 420...... AM. (Bearing in mind i do not condone the use of any products mentioned in this answer's thread) A lengthy reply granted, but worth the read, as a lot of hard earned/gained knowledge in there, for the benefit of all bredren grower's, increasing in volume as we speak !!.... AM

Hi AM,

I'll try to answer those Q's. Firstly the grow spec chart is an average over all 8 plants.Sorry,i should have said. I may well have been using the BAC bloom stim at the wrong time. No info on it n' hadn't checked,only been told some years ago to use it in the first few wks of bloom after giving root stim for the last three wks of veg. Made sense when the grow shop owner told me but i'll defer to you if i should be using it in the last three wks of bloom.

Suggestions / Course Of Action to Query; by AM

Allway's know your nute components are compatible. so the use of on "Set" of nutes is beneficial as you know they have been built for comparability when combined.

If your total nute input at week 7, as above, is 3B + 5 8/19Pk, in 15ltr res. I would suggest that 120ml of nute in 15ltrs is, and will give you an Ec (TDS) well in excess of "The Nutrient Bliss Point Required" Cb. This means you are wasting nute and dow at the same time as blocking root with excess salts. accordingly, bringing the prospect of "Nute Lock Out" with it, near the end of bloom Fems & Auto's alike, just when you dont need lock out issues in end of floering, preventing Pk uptake !!....

Addition, your TDS Total dissolved Salt, will build up in your root matrix, made worse by the volume of stimmed root "Holding the salts in substrate. Importantly, nr the end of the grow, "Alkaline salt build up" pushes up runoff Ph "Above 7-7.5" making PHOS & manganese unavailable to the plant cell and root matrix, and "magnesium is reduced as well. In addition the "Hard Calcium carbonate" in tap water "Adds To The TDS" exacerbating salt build up over "110" days. bearing in mind you want all Bloom nute fully available "At The End" of the grow ie Pk input.

Use Root stim from day 8 to the end of the 1st week of flower, as all energy then, is needed to be directed to the flower and not root matrix stim energy budget distraction. I continue veg nute till 3rd week of flower, to build basic flower structure before intro bloom followed by bloom nute substitution with Pk loading.

P & K & Nitro are available, throughout the grow, we just increase it (Pk), during the last 3 to 4 wks before the "Start Of 10-14 Day Flush" it take 100 day's to get 'Mobile & Fixed" monomeric elements into the substrate & plant structure. Do you think you can remove it (TDS) in 4-6 days ? to a level that delivers low nute/chem purity inside the heart of the flowers ? My best flower flavor/bouquet comes forth after a minimum 14 day's flush, (This Means An Additional Week On The Grow) as run off Ec drops dramatically, causing the dames to "Use Up" motile / Non motile elements As in the wild at end of season when soil, local to plant is depleted of natural nute abundance. Element specific. "Canna Flush"

Yes,1B n' 1G does mean one ml of each. Because i was running a perpetual sog adding n' removing a plant each wk for 10wks,i had to average out the plants needs per wk.Averaging out the watering of nute filled water between a few plants at a time. If that makes sense. And would add 1G as and when i felt a plant needed it. My lack of the use of ph n' ec meters came about as one failed n' i couldn't callibrate the other, lol,so i then took this oppotunity to have a go without one,once i'd noticed as the grow started that the plants were doing ok being tended by eye n' recognizing that this would be a great chance to do it this way to gain a better understanding of them i continued without. That's worked,though i recognize that with better measuring of ec n' ph levels an increase in quality n' quantity would be the outcome!

I run a 30ltr res. get 2 feeds of 15ltr from it. it is "Mixed" by 15ltr.min oase water feature pump, during making up and 15 mins before feed. Then final Ph before delivery. In 30ltrs 60ml of feed, and 15ml of Silicone (i Silicone Every Res), gives me an Ec of 0.4 ex of tap TDS). I use pure RO water, then tap water buffer "Mix" to 150-200 ppm, then Ph before nutes are added (Negates Nute Conflict) Ph meter swinging 4.5/6.5 !

Water pre prep is; Once tap and RO mixed >> A Ceramic airstone for 3hrs = 110% oxygen saturation (Haliea 9027), stops Ph moving up, post nute mixing. ie, as oxygen diffuses into res when res standing, Ph Rises" Not inc bacterial nute consumption if res aint scrubbed out (Liquid o2) once a week, (Bio Nute Security)

The Ec meter give absolute control over nute concentration, (Measured Performance) and negates nute waste and build up in root. reducing the pos of lock out near critical end of grow. Only hit hard at end of grow (Pk & Carbo Load, (Sprite Fructose/lactose 2ml Ltr) when you have a low root matrix salt content. Find the low end bliss point of veg nute. I run an Ec as low as "150-200ppm" in veg, Ph 6.1. This leaves room for end fruit boots "Without Mid Term Flush Needed". Run as low an Ec as you can at start. New growth should be very light green, and take a day to fill in full flouro green, not dark green, as in wild.

You get to know the Dutch Dames, specific strain requirements better this way, as you dont "Chalk Up The Kettle" before a clean drink is needed !! How much salt in a kettle after 100 day boil ??............to much it's clear.

To this end i intend to grow my Cheese x Pyschosis B x 1 's in the new BioCanna organic soil with all new BioCanna nutes,stims n' boost. the entire range infact. i'm going to get all new ec,n' ph pens aswell. The plan to try out this new range as it's eu certified as being organic. I'll put up pics of all nutes n' equipment once i get their new home biult.120cm/W,120cm/L,210cmH space.

Getting to know the Ec requirements in the 3 phases, seedling, veg & fruitification, is where we get performance at a sensible nute cost & distribution, and valuable intuition, as to uptake. Using a quality company mentioned above with purpose built suit of compatible nute pack is an omen for success. Truncheons arnt accurate enough, a dedicated blue color Ph and Ec combined meter is well worth the additional dow, as both can be read from one dipping seshion !! easier calibration too.

It'll have a 100cm Flat white Parabolic in it. Like you i want to properly monitor the grow. I'll need your advice Bro!

Monitoring is the way to gain quantifiable strain information (As different as finger prints) on a strain. This means "A Diary" for each strain. So you can see where issues may have started. And therefore avoid nxt time out.

Add lime free sand to all soils used at a 15-20% ratio, to ensure quick drainage = oxygen in to root post feed "Quicker". Monomeric mobiles need oxygen to be taken up. So ensure at least once per week you miss a feed to let the matrix dry out quite well. = o2 in again. As in "Wild or Natural Organic" conditions would effect interim dry periods.

leave seedlings in "Pre-Nute" composts for no more than a week before starting veg nute at 0.1 to 0.2 EC veg, plus silicone. Only move Ec up at most once per week, or less in veg. Surprising how they perform. Like "Henk Van Dalens" favorite quote; Be Very Wary Of Over Watering Canabiniums" There is a lot contained in that statement.

I water without a run off, 5 days a week, with Wednesday & Saturday drying out root matrix re oxygenating the root. When i need to check run off EC i water one dame to run off, and measure EC & Ph, if Ec more than 5 to 8 times that going in, i water Aerated, Ph'ed, siliconed water only for 2-3-4 days untill the plant takes up excess nute build up, then re start low Ec as before run off test.

PH, = say 6.2 going in, run off (Excess Nute) coming out Ph 6.8, then halve the second decimal place and add to base Ph of 6.2. So in this case 6.2 -6.8 = Ph 6.5. Ie 0.3 added to 6.2 = 6.5. This is soil Ph. In veg you want 6.2-6.4 fruit = 6.4-6.6, 6.6 at end or when Pk is going in. The ceiling is Ph 7. Do not exceed 7, as nute availability at Pk end depletes. Silicone is essential throughout growth, and build natural botrytis and white powder mold, and other immunity in structure of the flowers.

Once run I keep my water in the grow space for 24hrs n' make it up in a 15ltr res which i stir quiclky with a tool made up of two taped together canes,which vigorously oxygenates the water before i pour on to the plants. Groom temps are 21 off n' 28 on.

keep res out of grow space (26c) as water above 21c, has less capability off "Holding Oxygen Saturation" Dont feed cold water below 18c = root temp shock, as root at 21-23c area dependent. Plus light (HPS/MH/Led) leaks into res means "Bacterial Growth" at 26c, altering Ph and consuming cosly nutes and producing co2 acidity. Altering the chem structure of the nute blend deployed.

With the res outside grow space, temps kept down, and room for another "Dutch Dame" ! no doubt !! So we forcibly aerate (Micro Bubble Diffuser, ceramic MBD) water for 10hrs, then use an in res circulation pump to turn over res as it's being made up, Ph res before adding nutes,(Ph down to 5.5-5.8 this allows SILICON Ph Up at end of res mixing, final Ph'ing) then add nute to required Ec, then adjust Ph up with silicone. Use Nitric acid Ph down in veg, phos down in flower, bring back up with silicone to final Ph required, 6.1 seedling 6.3 veg, 6.5 early flower, 6.6-7 last 4 weeks of flowering..

Then, after res is made up, and Ph'ed, add cannaymz root cleaner, and finally any organic hormonal and or enzyme stims last thing. Eg Rizotonica as Ph'ing after these are added, Chelates & breaks down the volatile organic compounds rendering % noneffective, or deamination occurs with organic compounds in the presence of strong acids. ie sterilization occurs. Then feed a fresh made accurate Ph'ed res to dames, at not more than 21c. it is fully saturated with oxygen, which potentiates nutrient uptake,

Don't know humidity but will get a dual thermo/hydometer to monitor the new grow.

Humidity, is a critical threat to a harvest. As in summer Rh can be above 60% in warm summer air. This air we have to take into the culture space. The issue is, above Rh 65, and at 26-28c, the conditions for mites and fungal and mold spores to 'Activate" are present. And a clear threat. In addition the vapor pressure deficit VPD is reduced, reducing "Stoma Trans-Evaporation" reduced breathing. The leaf is 100% saturated in water, to get rid of water the leaf needs a VPD difference of 40% as a minimum. So with Rh above 65% trans-evaporation (breathing) slows. reducing growth and the expulsion of oxygen and consumption of carbon dioxide in (DAY) and the uptake of oxygen and the expulsion of co2 and respiratory products at (NIGHT) from the stoma, which will close if VPD is to low. ie Rh above 65%........................above 70% the risk of an outbreak of (Indigenous molds) and or micro 6-8 legged pest, if present is dramatically increased. And growth slows to a snail pace to prevent 'Dehydration" of the dames.

Some of these tools n' a new co2 bag i'll be adding to my current main JD tent soon to try out before moving them into the cxpxb1 space.

The debate about the presence of elevated 'Carbon Dioxide" is many fold. But the thing to bear in mind is, "In Air, ATM, it is above 500mg/Ltr/Air/1. The driver of global warming. This is what the dames have been using for melenia. at lower concentration than we have today due to man & ruminant growth. 500mg/Ltr is totally adequate for the dames. Which means changing the air in the space, 3-5 times per hour, tuned into the temp output of the light systems. This means overcoming the "Back Pressure" most single carbon filter cylinders deliver if used singly.

To improve reduced back pressure, construct a 4 way manifold of carbon filters. $no last 4 times as long as one = 1yr. 4no 4yrs. 125mm Y manifold to 2 more 125mm Y junctions with a filter on each will reduce back pressure by 70% and increase air drive through space by the same amount. Plenty of fresh 500mg/Ltr "co2" going in then !!.......no additional co2 generation and cost needed.

in 1 month i want the move to be finished with one indoor space being used to study genetics before moving suitable candidates to 'Medicine Row',the outdoor canna med' garden i;m beginning next week. Check it AM.

Ive just started it in the med forum.

Answer; by AM

This subject is one of the fastest developing area's of today's culture. To that extent, Dp have launched some dedicated strains, high in CBD & Bi-Chrome. And are of higher 'sativa" content in many cases. I can see from your writing why this is a great way for you to go with the medi strains, and can only protect you from any resurgence in future. And good luck for your 1st medi strain tryout Cb...........................will be dropping in for a snifty of the outcome bro.............good calma your way for these gardening tasks Cb.

I'll be continuing my OHS n' TE's in a new diary here in the DP forum.

looking forward to the outcomes Cb............ if you deploy advice, they will be, fuller, heavier, broader, & at full chat at harvest !!

my mains, all bar one, have been moved to a freinds to finish, as they needed the additional veg window post the cut back. So will be posting pics, every other update.......... but they will finish on an 8 ball high, no doubt. good calma for the flowering of TE & OHS....................... at 21% it's a mental one, mine are 23 days in flower, and building 14" colas, after topping once main stem !!.........can only wonder at final size of these fruits !!...........the larger, the greater risk of 'Botrytis Bud Mold" !!.........

So,unlucky you lot. You've not seen the last of me yet. i've just got back from giving my Youngest Daughter away at her wedding. It has been one of the happiest n' proudest days of my life! :) Made doubly so by the fact that we both knew how lucky we were that i could be there with her. So now with one less social occasion to attend, lol,n' with my change of accommodation almost complete,i should by the end of next wk,or the next wk at the very latest,be up n' running.

Answer; by AM

Good you will still be about Cb.......... A day all fathers dread, the loss of a daughter, and the big void left in the house when they move out !!........... difficult to comprehend the 'Quietness" it brings. With the feeling of a soul missing from the home aura. Something that time will heal, but missing her badly, for the first few weeks, months, years. Untill they come round to borrow the 'Mower" !!................. Something i have yet to endure, with my 2 lasses !! As i have never been a drinker, the speach will be done straight. With a duby post speach !!..................... you have my congrats Cb........ AM

I flush for that long having found the smoke to be clean with no crackle n' smooth to the taste n' on the chest but again the length of this flush is debatable. I have had the last two of four JD cut's being given just plain water since i took the last two down,which i think is about 9-10 days,n' which i quickly cropped one of this evening when i got back.

The strain diary, helps to keep track of multi strain 'Sequence Planning" and current sit reps re the overall state of affairs in play. The best flush water is pure RO "reverse osmosis", as it has zero TDS, it can uptake a lot more salt during flushing. However, flush treatments are complex chemical structures, designed to break down NPK with stealth without affecting the hydrolysis of water into tissues. You can na flush for less time with these, as they remove unwanted TDS faster than tap water & RO. I use the ready made flush, into aerated, Ph'ed water only, for ten or so day's at which point, the run off Ec is around 3-5 times the last Ec input. Then you know the nute has been drwn down and out of the plant exolem and tissue to a low level. To give an excess free bud of nute residue. This enhances the cure of Tetrahydrocannabivarin = THCv converts to THC delta 9 carboxylate. Improving flavor, bouquet, and after taste during consumption. More noticeable in vapo's, as well as hand made's.

It reminds me of somethng. Is it Nordle?

Answer; by AM

When i see the word "Nordle" one thing comes to mind Cb................ Jimmy Mc-cann in "Mr Nice" In the film, jimmy is in an old irish pub in the sticks, the phone rings, and "Howie" (Dennis Howard mark's) say's is the "Nordle down yet ??

Nordle was the code word for 1.5 tonne's of the 'Pakistan Black, Red Seal" the Mallick brothers put on the plane in "karachi"...................... Bound for Shannon airport where jimmy's brother worked for one half hour shift on the "Way Bill Ticket" office !!...... we all smoked the red seal in the late eighty's.... !! 'The Nordle" met Howie on 4 different occasions in the past. A Nice bloke for sure............ good memories though.....

8 JD's gave an average of 2.5oz-70grms each. About 560grms for the 8 under a dual spedc' 600w. Below par! i must try to do better.

Answer; by AM

it isant about how many under ex amount of lamps. it is about the amount of "Lux" or Total "Par" each receives Cb. i have done 8 under the dual spec. And measured the canopy Lux with a Lux meter. I run a canopy Lux value in flower around 25,000 Lux, if you are changing room volume correctly, you can get the 600w DS down tighter than an air logged space. The larger the space the better the effect. basic growth require a minimum of 6-8,000 Lux. head towards double or triple this, allowing for horizontal flux loss,...............and your in the photon emission range needed for above normal faster growth than, is usual in the wild. Summer sunshine (June) is 12-1600 Lux in direct sun clear blue day, at best. Surprizing but true. So 20-25,00 lux is pushing, but not going to create "photo Shock" to plant, which occurs above 35-40,000 Lux !! start at a canopy of 20,000 Lux and see the results grow !!.......... I personally "Rotate" 180 degree's each dame each day, affording Flux of Lux to every popcorn on the stem !! This make the plant grow straight upright and not lean in to low lux etc and all popcorn grow to be good size.

Glad to help out with a break down of idea's and advice gained from my experience of growing for more than 4yrs !! being B.Sc. also helps focus the events needed !! for self contained non surplus personal supply !! AM

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 1

Hi Styer,sorry to here about the hermies. Poor luck seemed to dog me at times too but look where i am now. Keep plugging away mate n' you'll get there. Thought of subscribing? i did n' got some great genetics. Atb bro.

Cheers Cannybuzz,indeed you are doing amazing grows there bud

yeah thought of subscribing for sure would prefer if you you could just use your visa card to do it though ,the mailing way seems very complicated for me lol

i did get some smoothie remix seeds that i would love to try but am afraid i would fuck it up and they would all turn on me lol

will try it after next grow and see how i get on, its back to autos for me ontill i can get some smoke in my jars :)

lol that last post was mad ,cant make head nor tails of it though lol

:rockon: canny

oh yeah enjoy your day and congrats

Edited by styer556
  • Like 1

Hi AM,

so much great info. :yep: i'll deploy it all n' be better for it Many thanx.I've met Howard n' seen n' read Mr. nIce film n' book. The nordle strain by Mr Nice was what i was refering too. But i think i was thinking of DP's 'Freddies Best' when i thought of what the JD cut's reminded me of. I also smoked some of the red seal in the late 70's. @Mr Lungz has done the nordle n' pics of the plant budz are very similar to my finished JD cut's. Watch me go now mate after that tutorial like reply of yours. Fat budx here we come. I don't drink either n' my Daughter had left home six yrs since. I still found myself stood in her old childhood bedroom when i got home after the reception n' even though she'd long since left that room i still felt her spirit there. Don't matter how old or big they get i realised then as i also did as i waved her off to her honeymoon a sence of loss but also one of a job well done. Ta again.

Cheers Cannybuzz,indeed you are doing amazing grows there bud

yeah thought of subscribing for sure would prefer if you you could just use your visa card to do it though ,the mailing way seems very complicated for me lol

i did get some smoothie remix seeds that i would love to try but am afraid i would fuck it up and they would all turn on me lol

will try it after next grow and see how i get on, its back to autos for me ontill i can get some smoke in my jars :)

lol that last post was mad ,cant make head nor tails of it though lol

:rockon: canny

oh yeah enjoy your day and congrats

Hey Styer, AM's a great teacher,don't ya think. Good luck with the Auto's.

• Like 1