Trich Tumbler.

Bu

Sound job Bart man!!

You did a fine job fella and I like the fact you got a decent gloss on the coating which is less grippy for any stray trichs hanging on.

Now....where did I put those buckets?

Bu :nea:

:ninja: I got a trych tumbler coming! nah na na nah naahhh lol

great choice in doing one for kali

not so sure about FD tho ;)

a big... no huge thanks to bart for the kind offer to build it & even to deliver it... top man!!

& finally

BU

without you posting up the method, we wouldn't be getting FREE TRYCH TUMBLERS!

thanks for posting up the method bud! :spliff:

soz had to rub in the fact i'm getting a FREE TRYCH TUMBLER! :cheers:

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of making one of these, and just had a thought. Why not use car windscreen wiper motors????

....they are low RPM and high torque, and about a fiver from your local scrap yard. I know they're 12 volt, but transformers are cheap enough from somewhere like maplin :yinyang:

I was thinking of making one of these, and just had a thought. Why not use car windscreen wiper motors????

....they are low RPM and high torque, and about a fiver from your local scrap yard. I know they're 12 volt, but transformers are cheap enough from somewhere like maplin :puke:

Go for it mate!

Anything up to probably 10 - 15 rpm would be ok but any faster and you'll have trichs all over the room but being 12 volt dc motor gives the option of playing with the speed a little within reason. :unsure:

Edit to add... make sure the transformer is man enough to cope with the amps that such a motor would draw.

Bu. :stoned:

Edited by Bu

• 1 month later...
Guest friendly electrician

nice bit of flange for you

post-11437-1162027465.gif

baggsie the smallest one

Edited by friendly electrician

• 3 months later...

Bumpety Bump for the tumbler.

Took me ages to find this again :stoned:

Sticky Sticky maybe nice Mods :wink:

Top info and a real eyeopener.I'm sure a lot of peeps haven't had the pleasure of seeing this thread

:rolleyes:

Cheer's Lads :cheers:

G.A.T.I B)

• 2 years later...

well after a couple of days farting about in the workshop i managed to knock up this, not bad considering i'm the worlds worst chippy, a few more alterations to make like get rid of the red tape lol,

i managed to pick up a small bbq rotisserie motor for £10, turns about 3 2/3 rpm

post-13484-1236900618_thumb.jpg

after an hour or two run with about 20g trim i came out with this, didn't weigh it

post-13484-1236900740_thumb.jpg

bit green i think cos i used 160 micron silk, maybe on MKII i'll use smaller mesh but for now, she's a beauty and all for about £25

:yinyang:

wish id seen that a few months ago i jus spent 120 quid on a cheaper version of the pollinator was it not for difficulty getting the mesh a tumbler sorted id have probably made one myself.

works pretty well tho , i can leave it on for a good couple hours an the pollen still nice an golden

i think bubblesacs might be better than a tumbler tho.

• 2 weeks later...
she's a beauty and all for about £25

:clapping:

top job dude :wassnnme:

cheers m8, you wanna get yours on the go, pleasantly surprised how much comes out, i even put some trim through the tumbler i had put through a bho run and got some out of that.

just saving up the trim now for another run and i reckon i'll have enough to make a nice little q of a mix of blueberry, smile, ks and biddys sister homemade hash

lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Nice work there B) id love to try make one of those

I did, and it's fantastic. Always returns at least 10% of the trim weight in golden sandy hash. handy for when running low on green between harvests. The rotisserie motor was a bit hard to get, but got it in the end. From the US too.

• 3 months later...

Cool beans....

Is a motor really necessary could u not just use a hand rotor?

You can now turn on your Pollinator for the first turning period. We recommend that a first

session of between 2-5 minutes in order to collect the purest quality of fallen resin glands.

Using a kitchen timer is advised so as to keep track of the turning sessions.

from the official website...

Cool beans....

give it a go archy. i'm sure it'd be ok :puke:

also, HERE is a useful link to add to this thread, if it hasnt been already.

lol

for my screen size i used 160 microns but the trichs seem a little green so next one i'll go smaller

e2a;

wouldn't fancy doing it by hand myself, a motor is soo much easier, my motor only cost £10

Edited by leroy