Trich Tumbler.

Bu

what a fucking brilliant doodad!

if i wasnt so gack handed id be building one in a minute. getting rot motors here is a piece of piss and theyre cheap as chips so i think ill get some chippie to do the hard bit and ill finish it off.

so much easier than bubblebags... all that bloody ice and water everywhere (at least when i do it)

you are a genius! lol:blub: cant wait to do the trim from the hazes coming up soon...

blinder

• 3 weeks later...

really nice bit of kit ...want to build one myself ..

got a little bit of a tip for ppl who not built one yet tho ...

had nothing but trimm one night bad carma ..

the plastic containers from chinese curries and such fill with trim shake for a while then emptewy contents to another plastic container ..

take first container and scrape the sides of the shaker container you wil find trichs galore from lid and sides ... repeat process ...

from 2x 5 min shakes was getting 3 spliffs 20 mins shaking time 10 spliffs worth...

belive me times of no weed .20 mins shakin is drop in the ocean..

but i want a built one now plastic containers your time is running out

hope this brings an old thread to life for newbies like myself also help you thru times of bad carma

peace out kevld

• 3 months later...

Type Microwave Motor into Ebay and you get some for about 11 quid delivered - 5/6 rpm . Going to have a blast at this whilst I'm not working :wink:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What can I say apart from......

Absolute Feckin Genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality workmanship and a lot easier,cheaper and less messy than bubble ice bags......

Lovin it..... lol:D:rofl:lol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

gotta make me one of these i think. nice job.

Instead of the rot motor you could use a mirror ball motor. they can normally take 3-4kg in weight and they run at about 3rpm. best bit is they are very cheap, you can get them for about £4-£5.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
What size mesh is best used with the tumbler?

43T :puke:

Link is broken bartman. :( And funnily enough, you're puke face directly above looks like a winky face in your post above. :unsure:

Edited by Randalizer

• 2 months later...

Hey Bu; Folks ',;~}~

I read this thread a good while ago, and several times since, and as a hash making and smoking fan, but no fan of spending ages bent over a screen rubbing (it fooks me back/shoulders not to mention what breathing all the dust in does to my sinuses lol!), so am making me a tumbler! - I have just about all my bits together, although mine's gonna be a little different in the end and sit inside a large lidded plastic container - more or less the same beast though eh.

Anyways the thing I wanted to ask was - how did you design it, so that you could remove the screen drum from the frame/how does the bugger come out mate?

I've seen some which the bearings are fastened to the drive shaft, and then drop into 'U' cups for support, but yours are glued in so it ain't that ya done! - Come on, bust me mystery for me buddy eh!

TIA and cheers Bu/Folks - top tumbler and top thread, eh ',;~}~

Be well! :spliff::smokin::hippy::smokin::spliff:

Ignore me last post, any of ya that haven't already, that is!

- A mentally stressed and battered FlowwolF finally just realised that you don't need to be able to lift your (Bu's) drum out of the frame like that anyway, heheheh...

Cheers anyway folks! ',;~}~

:spliff: :spliff: :spliff:

Anyways the thing I wanted to ask was - how did you design it, so that you could remove the screen drum from the frame/how does the bugger come out mate?

i drilled the holes and slipped the bolt, drum and nuts on all at the same time, bit fiddly but if you make the hole on the side of the drum (where you put your green in through) big enough just to get your hand in then you can fit the bolt,nuts and washers in 1 go

put the bearings in first, i super-glued mine in, then put the drum in position and thread the bolt through 1 side remembering to fit washers/nuts on the bolt as it goes though, you'll need 2 nuts inside to hold the bolt in place,

you dont need to remove the drum to empty it, just turn the whole thing upside down and give it a shake

hope this helps, best thing i've ever made

all that free hash mmmmm

:skin_up:

Edited by leroy

@leroy:

Cheers for that mate but as I said, I got it sussed! I was thinking of two diff. designs and their issues at once and getting them confused - I see what I need to do now for this one!

I may even try and photograph and write this one up too, but basically what I am doing is making a frame and drum similar to Bu's (but longer and lower), to fit into a plastic (lidded) packing/storage box, the frame and drum will lift out together, the box will just have 1 hole in one end for the motor drive to pass through, and access to inside of the drum will be via (partially) taking off the screen which I am gonna try to attach with 3M Dualock tape - wanna do this so I can have more than one screen grade without needing more than one drum and everything packs away together in the box afterwards to keep clean etc. - hope it f'n works lol!

Cheers again bud, and be well ',;~}~

Edited by FlowwolF