Trich Tumbler.

Bu

Here is a pic of my trich tumbler finished and sitting on my trich catching plate. Actually it's mrs Bu's mirror but it works a treat.

The trim has to be snipped up pretty fine with a pair of scissors first and I was putting in enough to fill two 1 pint glasses.

I ran for half an hour and put this to one side.

I then put in a couple of marbles and tumble for an hour or two and keep this seperate as this in theory will contain more veg matter and not be so potent.

"WHERE'S THE TRICHS ?" I hear you ask!!

Well...........No happy ending I'm afraid..............The trim I used had been sitting in the loft for several months in a box with no lid so what I actually tumbled resembled a load of MDF dust with bits of loft insulation chucked in coz I could see glistening glass fibre!!

It wouldn't bond as a consequence so I'm actually too embarassed to post any pics of the results.

I'm going to save the trichs and do some Iso honey oil with the trim left as hopefully I should be able to filter out the crap.

It's a real shame I didn't take care of my trim coz at the time I was a complete newbie and wasn't really aware of what can be made from leftovers.

I'm waiting on a grow at the mo so will post results as and when I can.

I hope this thread inspires some folks to try something similar and I reckon it probably cost me £70 all up which isn't too bad. I spose I did it for the fun really and fun it was.

Shame about my trim!

Here she is in all her glory...............

post-3809-1096547422.jpg

• Like 5

That looks stopin'!

A professional looking setup if I've ever seen one!

A couple of Q's:

Do the trichs just fall out through the silk onto the mirror?

And won';t particales of the glue be knoked of as well as the trichs and end up in the hash?

Do the trichs just fall out through the silk onto the mirror?

And won';t particales of the glue be knoked of as well as the trichs and end up in the hash?

Thanks Hydro and Lozzy,

The trichs do fall through the mirror as they are much finer the the vegetable matter and so fall through leaving just compostable veg material.

All you do is collect it up with a credit card into beautiful pile.

You can get various sizes of screen although I picked one somewhere in the middle to get a reasonable quality of hash.

Some folks still do the butane or isopropyl alcohol extraction to get absolute maximum use from the trim that remains

I don't know how tumblers compare to bubble bags or the iceolator bags. I suspect that the bags might be more complete as you can whisk round pretty roughly to knock all the trichs off.

The beauty of the tumbler is you can switch on and go and get stoned or if you really want to, just sit and watch the little babies falling through and you don't have to wait for it to dry.

Stick some marbles in to agitate the whole thing and a load more fall out. (Shame I didn't take more care of my trim though!!) :nenenenene:;)

The whole of the tumbler was sprayed to stop any unwanted material getting into my pile of cream and the superglue is sealed in by the screen. :

Cheers,

Bu.

Cheers for the nice words.

Shame trim was dirty.

Got to wait on my current grow to finish up.

I'm going to try and extract some oil and I'll post the results with pics of my progress.

Bu.

Looks like a great bit of kit.

When can I go down to MFI to pick one up?

Magpie :headpain:

242383[/snapback]

Hi Magpie,

I would make them if any wholesaler wanted to promote them.

Not sure about MFI though...........flat pack Trich Tumblers eh? lol

Bu.

Not sure about MFI though...........flat pack Trich Tumblers eh? :(

Bu.

242457[/snapback]

Am essential part of any modern kitchen IMHO ;)

Magpie

Amazin !

A couple months ago i had the same idea after reading a few books, and was one day goin to attempt to make one.

mine wouldn't have been anywhere as good as yours.

truely amazin you have created one of my DIY dreams!

you should sell them, seriously get them sold on this website.

post back when you have another go with it. why not try it with some regular skunk?