Trich Tumbler.

Bu

well after a couple of days farting about in the workshop i managed to knock up this, not bad considering i'm the worlds worst chippy, a few more alterations to make like get rid of the red tape :blushing:,

i managed to pick up a small bbq rotisserie motor for £10, turns about 3 2/3 rpm

attachicon.giftumbler.jpg

after an hour or two run with about 20g trim i came out with this, didn't weigh it

attachicon.giftumbler_trichs.jpg

bit green i think cos i used 160 micron silk, maybe on MKII i'll use smaller mesh but for now, she's a beauty and all for about £25

:smug:

Hi Leroy, did you get around to making mkII? would love to see some pictures of it

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Great thread! Also something I could knock up while working nights!! :idea:

Think I'll be going down to the local wickes this week for materials

• 2 years later...

I will defs be making one of these. 

Thank you so much for a fantastic, well thought through and clearly outlined instructional thread . 

My only criticism /question is regarding the amount of surface area that the cream can collect on under the tumbler, on its stand/mount. 

Wouldn't it be better if the design was modified slightly so that there are no components under the drum except for the collection tray/glass? 

I imaging you spend additional time scraping cream off the mdf stand? 

Thanks again and maximum respect! 

I can't the  see the images for some reason  but sounds good ...iv seen some made with a battery drill instead of motor the drill just clamps on one end like you would when putting drill bit in then stabilise the drill the ones I saw the drill had slot so couldn't move.. then just use a cable tie to keep drill running :yinyang: