Trich Tumbler.

Bu

Point taken and thanks for the interest.

I've got some S.a.g.e and some Afghani x Cali indica trim I can tumble and will post on this thread.

I'll do some tonight.

cheers,

Bu. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I finally got my arse into gear and did some tumbling tonight!

I ended up using a White Russian lady that was flowered from being a Mum but never really given enough time in veg so small buds were the result.

I started with 60 grms of very dry rough leaf and airbuds all mixed in and tumbled for 1 1/2 hours.

I got 2 grms of cream from this but would probably have got more had I tumbled it for longer.

I would normally only stick about 15 grammes in at one time but stuck the whole two oz in together as I was a little keen to get some results probably to the detriment of final weight.

Also, I probably should have done a secondary tumble with a marble or ball bearing in to help break up the buds.

I will ISO wash the rest of the trim in my cafetierre to extract the remaining essential oils.

Here are a couple of pics and I think the results are aren't bad really considering my haste.

I will say that one downside security wise is the stink of 2 oz of herb being thrown around inside a drum is considerable!! :spliff:

Just the S.A.G.E and Afghan x Cali to go. :ouch:

The second pic shows the trim post tumble against the result with a pound coin for scale........Tumble on dudes.

Cheers,

Bu. :wassnnme:

post-3809-1120004122.jpg

post-3809-1120004179.jpg

• Like 4

Cheers for that BU, been thinking of getting me one of those but at £120 I think i'm gonna be saving for awhile....

Great to see a home made one that looks just as good as the bought ones :yinyang:

RAZ

Cheers RAZ and Chunga,

To save cash when making a tumbler it would be easy to make it hand cranked rather than spending 30 quid on a rotisserie motor.

I spun mine albeit slowly by hand lastnight as I was paranoid about the whirring of the motor.

Will post results of the isowash aswell to see how much goodness is left in the tired trim.

All the best, :unsure:

Bu. ;)

• 5 months later...
Guest stone win

Just a note to say fantastic read Bu. and, well good idea for condensing the old trichomes, hope the new lot , hand turned is as good ....I've lots to think about now :unsure:

lol winstone :guitar:

• 2 months later...

Well I have to say I am impressed Bu :yinyang: . The result is just perfect a nice collection of pollen easy to hand press lovely to smoke. Just the ticket, I will post a few pictures when I have finished.

Great machine just turn it on and you can nip off to the pub, nip back change the trim and then nip back down the pub before anyone knows you've gone. Don't worry mate I stopped nipping back after the 5th time as Mrs Om caught me loading the trim into the washing machine by mistake and she was worried I might load the trich tumbler with dirty washing and break it. As if, I have never loaded a washing machine in my life :guitar:

Mrs Om says can we borrow the tumbler for a bit longer as she wants to shake the mascara of all of her false eye lashes lol

Om ;)

Guest fitduck

oh yeah this thread jogged my memory - some kind fella offered to make me one of these :bag:

just a gentle reminder lol:yinyang:

:guitar:

only kidding chap - in ya own time, but i had forgot till i saw this again.

;)

A couple of piccies, a bit blurred I am sorry to say.

With the pollen I got from the tumbler using the trim from 3 grows, about 3 times the amount below I got 24gr of hand pressed hash. ;)

Om :headpain:

post-6527-1140348233_thumb.jpg

Guest fitduck

Here are some of the pollen I tumbled and the hash I pressed.

Om :headpain:

I'd love to see the second pic in focus if possible mate - I know i aint no one to talk about focus :wub: but thats just teasing.

;)