Uploading Images

Administrator

Just a small but important point regarding uploading images to your galleries, can you please spare the few extra seconds it takes to give your photo a title and description rather than just relying on the default name your camera or phone gives it.

Doing this means you pictures will be searchable which will be handy for any other member looking for photos of white widow for instance, if you dont tell the gallery your photo was white widow then the search engine wont be able to return your photos in the results

It also helps the team when looking for Cream of the Crop entries, if you don't title your photos properly then we wont have a clue what they are and for that reason your photos won't be picked, regardless of pic quality

• Like 3

I'm trying to upload an image and it's under 450kb, but it's saying it's too large. It really is a lot of hassle uploading pics in this manner, it was much much much easier in the past rather than this faffing about only to find it still wont work even though it's under 450kb. Not at all impressed.

I'm getting [#107150] Sorry, but the file you uploaded is too large

The file size on disk is 420kb, so can somebody please explain how it's too large when it should be under 450kb!

Edited by tywyn

When will the old method of posting pictures be back up? The method to do it now isn't that convoluted but you get set in your ways!

I'm trying to upload an image and it's under 450kb, but it's saying it's too large. It really is a lot of hassle uploading pics in this manner, it was much much much easier in the past rather than this faffing about only to find it still wont work even though it's under 450kb. Not at all impressed.

I'm getting [#107150] Sorry, but the file you uploaded is too large

The file size on disk is 420kb, so can somebody please explain how it's too large when it should be under 450kb!

Have you tried Irfan View mate, it was recommended to me a few months ago, its great for resizing pics..

Irfan View,

The smallest setting works best (640x480 pixels), you can then upload here without a problem.

When you open Irfan view and you've loaded a pic, press and hold "Ctrl" and then press "R", this will open the option for resizing, then once you've resized your image to the smallest setting, go to "file" at the top and save your image, then upload to your UK420 gallery, from there you can click the "share" button on the right hand side of your uploaded pic, and copy the top link and paste it in the thread of your choice.

:guitar:

Edited by MJR

I've just redone the pics using Ifran view 640 x 480 and still it says the files are too large despite one being 425KB and the other 448kb I'm really fucking pissed off with this system now as it's clearly fucked.

Christ I only want to upload the fucking whch compost trials for 2012. I've spent WAY too much time messing trying to get this to work and it's done my fucking head in now tbh. Admin ffs get a grip and sort this out ffs!

Edited by tywyn

Guest weedmonsta

I'm really fucking pissed off with this system now as it's clearly fucked. Admin sort it out ffs!

dude it works for mostly everyone else

• Like 3

I'm really fucking pissed off with this system now as it's clearly fucked. Admin sort it out ffs!

Aye, it works perfectly for me.

• Like 1

It may well do, but it doesn't work for me ok. Unless 425KB has suddenly become larger that 450Kb then it's quite clearly fucked. The file I just tried to upload is 425KB and when I press submit I get

[#107150] Sorry, but the file you uploaded is too large

Edited by tywyn

. Admin ffs get a grip and sort this out ffs!

yeah that should do it :rolleyes:

Sorry I just got annoyed with it in the end. I've resized them to below 200KB now, but the quality is not really what I'm looking for. The limit is not 450KB though as it wouldn't accept anything like 425KB or 448Kb.

. Admin ffs get a grip and sort this out ffs!

yeah that should do it :rolleyes:

Sorry I just got annoyed with it in the end. I've resized them to below 200KB now, but the quality is not really what I'm looking for. The limit is not 450KB though as it wouldn't accept anything like 425KB or 448Kb.

Sorry to ask what might seem an idiot question but what file extension type are you trying to upload?