Uploading Images

Administrator

Due to a few tech problems, and in preparation for a major forum software upgrade, uploading your photos direct to your posts using the image attachment function has been disabled.

All images now have to uploaded to your gallery and then linked to your posts using the bb code supplied.

Many of you are already uploading your photos using this method any way but if anybody has any problems with the new method, please post or pm and we will do our best to guide you through the process

All the best

• Like 2

please post or pm and we will do our best to guide you through the process

Upload pic to gallery

Re-size to 450 kb or under.

Go to your gallery.

Create new album.

Open album and click new image.

Name image and click the browse button.

Find your pic on your hard drive and click open.

Click submit image and your pic will upload.

Link pic to post

Click on image in your gallery.

Click share image.

Copy BB code.

Paste BB code into post ( the picture will paste where ever the cursor is in your post)

You can now link as many pics into your post as you like just by copying and pasting the BB code from your gallery..

To turn the linked pics to a thumnail then scan along the BB code until you find the last word 'gallery' and prefix it with tn_

tn_gallery_8903_3469_146462.jpg , like so..Simples..:)

Edited by madgiz
  • Like 10

Guest Sid-Vicious

Why change it to all this fuckin about when the other way was so easy? I already can't be arsed

• Like 14

Does the alubm have a total maximum size? I get that images have to be no more than 350kb, but does an album have a maximum number of photos?

I just uploaded some images into the gallery. I thought it took slightly longer than when just adding attachments, but the pictures now show up full size in posts, without the need to click on each picture. It may take some time for me to adapt, but I think it will be worth it.

Edited by KingBlueRizla

I don't believe it does KBR however members can have 1 album in their gallery subbies have 5 and lifers have 20..

Edited by madgiz
  • Like 2

Does the alubm have a total maximum size? I get that images have to be no more than 350kb, but does an album have a mixum number of photos?

I dont think it does fella. mines 10 pages long and have seen them much bigger :yep:

only get one though I think, unless your a subby :bong:

E2a- What Madgiz said :)

Edited by gthumb_420
  • Like 1

Excellent, thanks for the answers.

I think the album method will be better after I have used it for a time. Would it be possible to add a button next to the BB code but that adds the BB Code to copy/paste? It is easy to just right click I know, but a 'copy to clipboard' button would be alot easier when putting many photos into a post.

Can money orders can be purchased from Post Office? I think thats where I need to go at some point shortly.

Edited by KingBlueRizla

Why change it to all this fuckin about when the other way was so easy? I already can't be arsed

...in preparation for a major forum software upgrade, uploading your photos direct to your posts using the image attachment function has been disabled...

Will previous photos, uploaded via the old attachment method still remain after the software update? I hope so.

Guest Sid-Vicious

...in preparation for a major forum software upgrade, uploading your photos direct to your posts using the image attachment function has been disabled...

Well i gathered that when i went to post a picture and the button had gone.

I'm not a fan of change and enjoy the simple things.

• Like 4

Will previous photos, uploaded via the old attachment method still remain after the software update? I hope so.

Yes they will remain :)

Once the upgrade is completed the reasons for this will be more apparent but basically once you have uploaded your photos to your gallery you'll be able easily load them into any post you like, and as many as you like by using the new button that will appear on the post screen. You'll be able to click that button and a pop up window will load containing all of your photos and you'll be able to select the ones you'd like to include in that post by clicking a check box under the corresponding photo, it really is a much better and more efficient way of managing photos

• Like 16

Guest rasclaart_2011

When I click on my gallery, it just says 'no images were found'. Where is the button to open a new gallery as I can't see it anywhere?

When I click on my gallery, it just says 'no images were found'. Where is the button to open a new gallery as I can't see it anywhere?

'New Album' button should be top right when you're in the gallery, where the 'new topic' button is in the forums.

If you've no albums yet you need to go to the gallery from the links up top rather than from your profile page.