Cloning - 10 Easy Steps to Successful Cuttings

Budelaire

Got to say fair play to ya again Budlaire 100% success rate and had roots showing after 6 days, sat them on my ballest with a sheet folded up under them.Didnt even use a clonex or anything. Cheers again mate.

Edited by uk420hobbygrower
  • Like 1

Glad it worked good for you pal. I was devastated on my 1st grow when I lost them all, only just managed to grab 1 cut from my second grow too. And then just two from my third grow. :rofl:

All are still available in seed form (apart from a clone I got, which may well have been BBBC I think), so no major disaster anyhow. Would have been good to reminisce with a jar of stuff from my 1st grow though.... without shelling out for seeds that might not bear the same goods ;)

Hey Bude, I just had a look at my pot collection (the plastic type) lol

I was trying to mirror this method but my big pots (11's) look taller than yours, ya reckon this will make any difference? Also I can fit four little pots into one.

Cheers :yinyang:

You can use any container CK pal, I've used smaller pots, washing up bowls etc. due to minimal light being used, as long as the top is sealed with a clear (ish) bag or cling film and your sound.

I've used semi-translucent tesco carrier bags before, the normal white ones. So its doesn't have to be totally clear.

Cheers Conky... you madhead!

• Like 1

Glad it worked good for you pal. I was devastated on my 1st grow when I lost them all, only just managed to grab 1 cut from my second grow too. And then just two from my third grow. :rofl:

All are still available in seed form (apart from a clone I got, which may well have been BBBC I think), so no major disaster anyhow. Would have been good to reminisce with a jar of stuff from my 1st grow though.... without shelling out for seeds that might not bear the same goods ;)

I was a bit more lucky, I started off from bag seeds and none of it was worth keeping really but wanted to try and get the technique right before I spent money on some decent seeds. Didnt really like what I grew at 1st tan d (should have done home work before I brought them). But took about 15 cutts from them and lost 12, But now with ur help 1st lot I got 8 out off 10 now 12out of 12. With diff strains they I like.

Can I pick ur brain here ? Ive started a out door grow and im going to want to take cuttings from them, but instead of bringing them home would a incubator be fine on its own out side in a couple of more weeks when it gets a bit hotter, or would it be to cold at night still ?. cheers Bud.

• Like 1

Depends if your last frost as been mate as thats what will cause you issues, never grown outside though buddy... Unfortunately!

Depends if your last frost as been mate as thats what will cause you issues, never grown outside though buddy... Unfortunately!

Nor have I but I got plants out now and they seem fine, not planning to take them till may/june, guess ill just try a few at 1st and bring the others back so I dont lose out really. Wouldnt thought there would b a prob as long as I seal the edge of the prop with tape to seal the heat in more.

• Like 1

If your keeping them in a vegging space like a main veg area then it won't be needed. I have one and never use it. :(

In winter it can keep them cosy. But again, if your have a dedicated veg area/mother space or whatever. 9 times out of 10 they are already in perfect environment to root.

If your keeping them in a vegging space like a main veg area then it won't be needed. I have one and never use it. :(

In winter it can keep them cosy. But again, if your have a dedicated veg area/mother space or whatever. 9 times out of 10 they are already in perfect environment to root.

cool man, well ive rigged up a seperate cuppord got a 250w envirolight in there. wondering if that and the heated prop might be overkill.

• Like 1

You'd be better with just one or two normal CFLs, but it should work fine at a reasonable distance away. A piece of paper on the prop will help lessen the light a little.