Dot's Sweet Brew

dotcotton

Update 10th March 2012

Day 3 Flower

So it's day 3 since flipping, everything seems to be coming along very nicely, apart from the fact that the plants are already clashing. I'd say the growth is at least twice as fast as it was during veg, I can sort of see how I'm going to train them, I just hope it doesn't get out of hand.

The pungent, skunky smell that was coming from the plants during veg, seems to have subsided a little to make way for a more green, chlorophyll type smell.

The plants are still on Ionic Grow, as I have read that this is advisable for the first week. Next week I will be mixing up a 50/50 Grow/Bloom feed, and I guess the week after I will be switching to just bloom. Is this correct?

Now, I may just be imagining it, but I think I can see some white pistils forming at the top of the bud sites. Might be too early, I don't really know. Anyone else see them?

Group Shot

gallery_69140_4098_311024.jpg

Black Jack #1

Not much to say, coming along nicely with lots of tops.

gallery_69140_4098_247326.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_161694.jpg

Black Jack #2

Doing really well and growing quite vigorously, lots of tops.

gallery_69140_4098_99657.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_93773.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_21548.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_200961.jpg

SAD

SAD is doing great as usual, lots of tops and really vigorous.

gallery_69140_4098_180431.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_86126.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_187668.jpg

Jack 47

Really pleased with the progress J47 is making. Very dainty with smaller leaves and thinner stems but this gives it a little elegance in my eyes. Lots of tops and probably stretching the fastest.

gallery_69140_4098_35865.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_232852.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_154948.jpg

That's it for now, might not be able to update for another week or so, as I have some pressing commitments coming up, but I'll be checking in often enough.

ATB,

Dot :hippy:

Edited by dotcotton
  • Like 4

How do ya manage an update at that time lol

They look topper mate, overfilling the net is not a bad problem to have I think :yep: just keep training them right to the edges and al will be good fella :skin_up:

Can't wait to see them all bud up now :eat:

ATB

CK :oldtoker:

• Like 2

Oi Oi CK,

This diary is turning out to be just for you mate lol

But seriously, thanks for stopping by.

I know, late post innit? Trying to juggle too much at the moment, it was the only time I had.

Really excited now they're finally in flower :yahoo: Can't wait to see what happens.

Keeping a close eye on those little lucky 7s you got going, trying to figure out which to pop next.

Hope all is well with you.

Chat soon,

• Like 2

Ooops, forgotten my manners lol

How could I forget you Hip :hug:

Those Sweet Tais are looking top notch btw, lovely plant :yep:

Looking spot on Dot. reckon you flipped around about the right time and it should be well and truly packed come 21 days 12/12!

feet up and get your flask filled up and watch them do their thing then. :yinyang:

:yinyang: :yinyang:

• Like 1

Thanks for checking in Budelaire,

It has been a long wait, I can't wait to see them blossom now. They're growing fast and I can already see little pistils forming :yahoo:

Your diaries have been very educational, please keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Guest nelly123

Whoo Hoo dot, ya deffo gunna be a busy bee come chop time, some proper solid buds coming your way man, keep up the top job. All the best Nelly :skin_up:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Nelly,

Thank you for the kind comments.

Everything seems to be going well, update today or tomorrow I should think, so watch this space.

Best,

Dot

Update 16th March 2012

Day 9 Flower

Before we kick off... I have noticed that all the great diaries have well considered soundtracks, so here's a little Manu Chao to carry today's entry...

Manu Chao - Me Gustas Tu

Enjoy :)

It has been just under a week since my last update and I'm starting to see what all the hard work has been for.

The stretch has slowed down a little over the past day or two, so I'm going to let the shoots grow five or six inches through the net and keep training them at that height. The net only seems about 85-90% full, but there's still time for it to fill out, so you never know.

I'm also going to start trimming the undergrowth slowly, aiming to have a bare bottom by end of stretch in two weeks or so.

Last week I upped the feed slightly, since then, the EC has been slowly rising which indicates overfeeding. In response, I am topping up the res with Bloom feed only, EC of 0.9, until I see it stabilise and start to drop again.

Group Shot

gallery_69140_4098_302217.jpg

Black Jack #1

gallery_69140_4098_83616.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_288721.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_111879.jpg

Black Jack #2

gallery_69140_4098_253593.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_314135.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_6629.jpg

SAD

gallery_69140_4098_40686.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_370445.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_343016.jpg

Jack 47

gallery_69140_4098_143325.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_260569.jpg

Me gustas :guitar:

• Like 5

Woop! What a job youve done here dot it looks marvellous fella :yep:

Bring on the bud I say ;)

Keep up the sterling work dude

• Like 1

Lovely scrog dot, me gusta marijuana!

I'll be looking in on this one often, keep them coming :yinyang:

Nice one Moore, very welcome any time my friend.

Woop! What a job youve done here dot it looks marvellous fella :yep:

Bring on the bud I say ;)

Keep up the sterling work dude

Thanks for the kind words CK, always nice to hear from you mate.

Chat soon guys.

ATB,

Guest La Viva Sativa

lovely looking scrog and some healthy looking girlys all the best on filling the net and growing some top sweet seed buddage. :yinyang:

• Like 1

Hey LVS,

Thanks for the kind words mate, looking forward to seeing what these sweet seeds have to offer.

Hope you're well,