Dot's Sweet Brew

dotcotton

Finally got to read your diary. Wow i wished i had been in before. Don't have scooby about hydro mate but you have done a great bit of work there with that scrog you got to be chuffed with your effort man. Did you say this was your first grow? if so mate you got the touch for sure:magic:

all the best with the rest :yinyang:

• Like 1

Hey Dot, as yer know my current grow has some of the lucky 7 in

5x Oldtimes (you're not contemplating yet?)

2xSweet seeds Psicodelica (No Idea?)

Luck 7:

1x World of Seeds – Northern Lights X Big Bud Feminized (awesome strain, deffo recommend)

1x Delicious Seeds – Fruity Chronic Juice Feminized (on paper looks a real belter (( White Widow x Chronic))

1x Emerald Triangle Seeds – Bubba 76 Feminized (hmmmm, yet to decide, seems very leafy, out of my current plants this is the one I like least SO FAR)

1x G13 Labs – Blueberry Gum Feminized (great throughout so far, ya can't go wrong with blueberry, looking good this one)

1x TH Seeds – MK Ultra Feminized (no idea)

1x Dinafem Seeds – OG Kush Feminized (awesome strain, gets good reviews and is the most dominant in my greenhouse, NJD showed me a few pics of his harvest and they look lush)

1x Eva Seeds – Veneno (poison) Feminized ( lol this is the twin and she's growing really well)

If I was to pick four out of that lot I'd go with

NL x BB

Fruity chronic juice

BB Gum

OG Kush

MY OPINION only tho Dot :yep:

I've not grown them all out yet except the NL but they would be my choice :yep:

Good luck with it and whatever ya chose I'll be following along :guitar:

:yinyang: :yinyang:

• Like 1

I am going to shout this.

FUCKING STUNNING DOT.

All the best mucker, soon be over.

Cheers :smokin:

Cheers Hiphip,

You've been a great help throughout, really appreciate your support buddy.

It's not over yet though, so stick around if you can :)

Finally got to read your diary. Wow i wished i had been in before. Don't have scooby about hydro mate but you have done a great bit of work there with that scrog you got to be chuffed with your effort man. Did you say this was your first grow? if so mate you got the touch for sure:magic:

all the best with the rest :yinyang:

Hi Rabid,

Thanks for the kind words my friend, a pleasure to have you on board.

MY OPINION only tho Dot :yep:

I've not grown them all out yet except the NL but they would be my choice :yep:

Good luck with it and whatever ya chose I'll be following along :guitar:

:yinyang: :yinyang:

Nice one CK :yep:

Glad I asked your opinion, I was leaning towards the BB Gum and OG Kush as well as the Psicodelicas as I bellieve Hiphip speaks quite highly of the strain.

Chat soon mate,

Dot :hippy:

• Like 1

You have to do the Psico Dot. Both of them and hope for the Sativa pheno.

Hiphip, I'll take your word for it buddy.

Update 27th April 2012

Day 51 Flower

gallery_69140_4098_313695.jpg

Hi everyone,

Another brief entry today.

Plants are looking and smelling fab, very excited to have gotten to this far.

Radiohead - Lotus Flower

I wonder if the girls do a similar dance when I'm not looking :guitar:

Group shot

gallery_69140_4098_211410.jpg

Black Jack #1

Big juicy solid nugs, can't wait to see her all cured up. p

Peppery and sandlewoody.

gallery_69140_4098_130261.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_285888.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_333609.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_149642.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_161247.jpg

Black Jack #2

Very similar to her bigger sister, perhaps a little more lemony with pointier buds.

gallery_69140_4098_53124.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_84593.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_313695.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_275242.jpg

Sweet Afghani Delicious

Doing well, she has made a little spurt in the past week and packed on a little more, still looking like the lowest yielder but hoping she'll be a great smoke. She has developed a dank meaty pepper beef smell, really nice!

gallery_69140_4098_143034.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_29549.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_48147.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_110433.jpg

PTO...

Edited by dotcotton
  • Like 4

There are some delightful colours here Dot. Have a blast come finishing time. All the best with the rest.

• Like 1

Jack 47

Wonderful plant, the lemony snadlewoody smell id really developing and picking up rubbery diesely undertones. I wonder if she's looking a little hungry.

gallery_69140_4098_150147.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_220651.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_349874.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_228533.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_154575.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_239291.jpg

gallery_69140_4098_336560.jpg

Edited by dotcotton
  • Like 6

Just a quick one about flushing...

I presume that I should start flushing soon. I am planning to follow Owderb's method. This throws up a couple of questions.

1. According to owderb, I should start the flush process 2-3 weeks from harvest. How am I supposed to know when the plant is that far from finishing?

2. I might be wrong but it looks like the Jack47 wants to go on for 2-3 weeks longer than the others, how will I do this? All four plants share the same res.

What would happen if I just left all of them in until the Jack47 is ready?

Many thanks,

There are some delightful colours here Dot. Have a blast come finishing time. All the best with the rest.

Cheers hiphip, looking real forward to harvest time.

ATB,

Dot

Wow Dot, looking fffrosty now eh

Great macro shots :kewlpics:

They all look great in their own way but ya right J47 is sweet :yep:

I feel ya predicament regarding the flush as I couldn't see 2-3 weeks in advance neither :nea:

I just do 1 week as I feel thats enough time to get all the nutes flushed out

Looks like they're getting there now tho with those brown pistils man, always a welcome sight

I would up their feed a LITTLE cos as ya say they do look a tad hungry, I feel I'm missing out if I don't push them.. Don't burn them tho will ya lol

Are ya sticking with Hydro then Dot cos ya sure got it dialled in now they look awesome!

Looks like some sticky fingers will be had come chop time for sure :guitar:

Hope ya got plenty jars :yep:

ATB with the rest chief

CK :yinyang:

• Like 2

Guest nelly123

Banging in here Dot, some bewty of plants m8 up the feed a little and the be fine pal, have you found a solution for the flush yet? top work man. Nelly

• Like 1

Wow Dot, looking fffrosty now eh

Great macro shots :kewlpics:

They all look great in their own way but ya right J47 is sweet :yep:

I feel ya predicament regarding the flush as I couldn't see 2-3 weeks in advance neither :nea:

I just do 1 week as I feel thats enough time to get all the nutes flushed out

Looks like they're getting there now tho with those brown pistils man, always a welcome sight

I would up their feed a LITTLE cos as ya say they do look a tad hungry, I feel I'm missing out if I don't push them.. Don't burn them tho will ya lol

Are ya sticking with Hydro then Dot cos ya sure got it dialled in now they look awesome!

Looks like some sticky fingers will be had come chop time for sure :guitar:

Hope ya got plenty jars :yep:

ATB with the rest chief

CK :yinyang:

Alright CK?

Thanks for that mate, really helpful.

Yes the J47 is looking something special. I feel she's got a lot more left in her, but I may have to harvest her a little early due to lack of a separate drying area.

How do you know when they are a week away from finishing? Is there a rule about percentage of browning pistils or something?

They are at 7 weeks and two days now, so I presume that it's time to start flushing, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The good thing about Owderb's method is that you keep feeding all the way through to support the final growth, the idea is to start lowering the P and K levels 2 weeks before harvest.

Not too sure about sticking to clay pebbles, I doubt I can go through the ball ache of rinsing and PH'ing them again. I'm most probably going to switch to Coco as the likes of you and hiphip seem to be getting good results.

That is one hell of a scrog Dot, really good growing buddy :guitar:

Hey Scroger,

Thanks for stopping by mate.

I've really enjoyed scrogging, rewarding to see a canopy of buds like that. Certainly not as neat and tidy as yours though. Hope you're enjoying your harvest.

ATB,