Serpent’s Return Of The Autos Featuring...

Serpent

Guest ronnietherocket

hey serp, I think it would be great if you could do a tutorial on how to build a microbox. I know it would help people out who are building pc grow boxes and mini vegging boxes. :guitar:

Sorry I haven't been around much of late, been a bit busy of late....

Looking good serpent.

Thanks dude...

Some real nice thick stalks on them for 30 odd days mate

Cheers Blazer and yeah I ws taken back by the stalk thickness :D

Trully amazing my friend, great job!

Keep it up, sweet regards,

tommy

Thanks Tommy, although I'm getting a bit concerned whether SS#2 is autoflowering, I'll do a proper update soon though to show what I mean, although I've not looked on them yet today so all might have changed :D

Hey sup Serp's, hope ur well my friend. Wish i was. as soon as i mentioned good karma had returned i go and come down with a full on flu Feel rougher than a kippers tit.

I see ur still working your magic with the auto's man , Doing a grand job m8

peace

Thanks BM mate, hope you get better soon, and I knida know where your coming from, being feeling a bit rotten myself, think I'm just knackered though.

Real stunning stuff Serp. The auto wizard

DC1

Cheers mate, and hope your keeping well

hey serp, I think it would be great if you could do a tutorial on how to build a microbox. I know it would help people out who are building pc grow boxes and mini vegging boxes.

Here's a quick rundown I put together for hell9 in my other comp diary

Case

• Stripped the inside of an old PC case
  • Lined the inside with Mylar

Light Fitting

• A length of old skirting board I found in my loft
  • Chiseled a groove length ways for the cable
  • Wired 3 bayonet light fittings in series to (I think) a 13amp plug then screwed them to the wood with self tappers
  • Screwed the wood to the top of the case, again using self tappers

Fans

• 2x old 80cm PC fans I had lying around which were cleaned up
  • Wired to a variable volt adapter (individually) - Mine uses choc blocks covered in duct tape, but heatshrink might be a better method
  • Also make sure 1 fan is for intake and 1 is for exhaust

Hope that helps ronnie :yep:

• Like 1

Guest ronnietherocket

thanks for the tips serp, will pop by to see how the sweet specials do, it looks like its guna be your record breaker

• Like 1

excuse me but is that speed looking a bit unwell maybe ? :smokin:

She does look a bit strange with the curling leaves, but she's budding up a good un and I can't see any other signs of anything, so 'could' be the characteristic of the plant?

Hehehe...

Having the Speed Devil genes I'm not surprised some leaves may look strange or somewhat ugly...

usually it's just the looks and it doesn't affect the final quality and production. I hope this is the case.

Keep up the great work Serpent :yep: Sweet regards,

tommy

• Like 1

Hehehe...

Having the Speed Devil genes I'm not surprised some leaves may look strange or somewhat ugly...

usually it's just the looks and it doesn't affect the final quality and production. I hope this is the case.

Keep up the great work Serpent :yep: Sweet regards,

tommy

That explains it then Tommy, thanks and I just took some photos of the girls so I'll be updating this diary very soon :D

.:| Day #38 – 18/6 Hour Lights |:.

It’s now Sun 26th February 2012 which is Day 38.

Sorry for taking a week to get the next instalment of my diary posted, been a hectic few days!

Things I’ve have to say are a touch strange in the tent, the +Speed isn’t the prettiest of plants, like Tommy pointed out, it could be down to the Speed Devil genetics as she’s budding up real nice and I can’t see any other obvious problems, although I don’t think she’ll be ready at the 7 week mark as that’s in just 11 days, I’m not in a rush though, so I’m happy to keep her going as long as she needs :smoke:

I’m also scratching my head with the Sweet Specials :unsure: well SS#2 really as she’s not starting to bud up at all so I’m thinking she ‘s missing the auto flowering gene, surprisingly she looks healthy enough, even though she’s on the same flowering feed as the rest so I’m not sure what to do with her. SS#1 also looks a little behind the others so I’m wondering if they are late developers or need a bit longer than your average auto, what do you think Tommy? Do you know how long test grows of the Sweet Special have taken?

My faves of this grow though are fast becoming the Mohan Ram’s, MR#2 has really caught up after starting a few days behind the others, and MR#1 is just looking lush, her buds are developing rapidly, she’s the strongest smelling out of the 5, is starting to become sticky and she’s also the squattest of the bunch at just 58 cm’s.

All plants, with the exception of the +Speed, have had a growth spurt on in the last week with the slow starter MR#2 taking the honours with 27cm’s height growth in 7 days, the + Speed had the least amount of growth at just 8cm’s, so she must be coming to the end of her ‘stretch’, but then judging by her bud devlopment, it’s to be expected :D

The leaf span of the plants is getting a little difficult to get an accurate measurement as the tent is getting a little cramped so that’s limiting the plants and no surprise that SS#2 is leading the way with 11cm’s growth in width over 7 days with MR#1 growing as little as 3cm’s.

I’ve also give all the plants a good trim, the Sweet Specials had a lot more cut off them than the other 3, actually the other 3 had very little taken off them.

The feed has now also been switched to Bloom, just 2ml per litre at the moment; temps have also been OK hovering between 27c lights on and 17c lights off, with humidity between 32-63%.

I think that’s everything so here’s the usual summary...

.:| Environment |:.

• Max Temp: 27c
  • Min Temp: 17c
  • Max Humidity: 57%
  • Min Humidity: 32%
  • Distance of Light From Tallest Plant: 30cm (12”) aprrox

.:| Feeding |:.

• Nutes: 2ml per Litre PM OT Bloom
  • Beneficials: None
  • Volume Of Feed: 1.5 - 2 litres per plant
  • Frequency Of Feed: Once every 3 days

.:| Plant Heights From Top Of Pot |:.

• Sweet Special Auto #1: 71cm // 23cm growth in 7 days
  • Sweet Special Auto #2: 60cm // 24cm growth in 7 days
  • Mohan Ram Auto #1: 58cm // 14cm growth in 7 days
  • Mohan Ram Auto #2: 40cm // 22cm growth in 5 days
  • + Speed Auto: 63cm // 8cm growth in 7 days

.:| Width (Leaf Span) Of Plant |:.

• Sweet Special Auto #1: 50cm // 5cm growth in 7 days
  • Sweet Special Auto #2: 53cm // 11cm growth in 7 days
  • Mohan Ram Auto #1: 39cm // 3cm growth in 7 days
  • Mohan Ram Auto #2: 41cm // 7cm growth in 7 days
  • + Speed Auto: 43cm // 7cm growth in 7 days

Now here’s some pics...

gallery_57657_3504_64440.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_134211.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_132152.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_10675.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_112252.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_113743.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_105328.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_9838.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_86055.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_58489.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_34466.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_26584.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_159104.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_102747.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_113428.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_72668.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_128959.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_105493.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_121774.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_73519.jpg

And until, next time, keep it green :hippy:

• Like 5

adventures in Serpent land..

bang goes my fave girl MH2..was loving her bonsai nature..both the Moham's looking good..MH1 looks to be getting PhatPhatPhat..+Speed looking likely too..

and as you say..that's a wierdness with the Sweet Special too..you gotta hope she twigs what to do soon..nice as it is to see healthy, foliage is not what we grow these girls for is it..?

solid diary as always dude..keep those fangs nice and polished now.. :yep:

• Like 3

Some of those plants are fairly packing the weight on now Serpent pal. I really like the Mohamram #1 and the speed+, fuck me they are getting nice looking cola's on them.

Nice wee update :skin_up:

• Like 2

Hi again Serpent!

And thanks for sharing those pics of that Sweet Special Auto (#2) that for some reason has not started flowering yet. That's really very interesting :yes:

With the all the other autos previously realeased there are no cases of plants doing this, or if there are I think it would be something like less than 5 plants per 1000. About the new Sweet Special Auto I think my colleagues don't have any kind of complaint yet, but I will contact them and let them know about your situation, I'm sure they will be very interested in it and I will also ask them if this is the first time they heard about it.

Anyway, just to be even more flagrant, if you don't mind, I would ask you to wait just for another 3 or 4 days more, then post some pics again of both Sweet Special Auto (#1) and SSA (#2) and I'll share a link with the Sweet Seeds breeders to see what they think.

With every autoflowering seed I sprout I always dream to get what you seem to be getting here, so don't feel bad mate, hehehe. I'd love to get one that only flowers with 12h of darkness per day because if that plant preserves the characteristic of a very short flowering time (the usual 32-38 days), than I could use it to develop a non-auto with a very special fast flowering characteristic. Is there any non-auto that can be ready 5 weeks after changing to 12/12? I guess you got my point, but of course quality would also have to be good... I don't know, maybe you have a non-auto Grapefruit x The Hog x Cream Caramel that can be ready in only 35 days after changing to 12/12, who knows... and if the quality and production are good that would be a mother plant that many growers would like to keep.

I always see you growing autos so I don't know if you would also be interested in a good non-auto mother plant, so maybe it can't be positive to you by no means, but that's the positive thing I would took out of this experience in case she really keeps refusing to start flowering.

And besides that, I wish the other plants you have around can manage to fill the space left by that plant in case you have to take it out of there ;) But judging for the last pics I think the others will do a very good use of that space...

Thanks again for calling my attention to this my friend, let me know what you think about what I just wrote and I'll be back soon to follow this wonderful thread and that specific situation :yes:

Sweet regards :yep:

tommy

Edited by Sweet Seeds
  • Like 1

adventures in Serpent land..

bang goes my fave girl MH2..was loving her bonsai nature..both the Moham's looking good..MH1 looks to be getting PhatPhatPhat..+Speed looking likely too..

and as you say..that's a wierdness with the Sweet Special too..you gotta hope she twigs what to do soon..nice as it is to see healthy, foliage is not what we grow these girls for is it..?

solid diary as always dude..keep those fangs nice and polished now..

Hehe, yeah she's had a bit of a growth spurt, but like you say, MR#1 looks phat :D

Yeah the SS#2 is strange, have a read of Tommy's comments below as it could also be an interesting strain, I guess only time will tell :pitchfork:

Thanks for swinging by mate :yep:

Some of those plants are fairly packing the weight on now Serpent pal. I really like the Mohamram #1 and the speed+, fuck me they are getting nice looking cola's on them.

Nice wee update

lol thanks Sawney and yeah both the Mohan's and +Speed are developing some nice buddage :D

Hi again Serpent!

And thanks for sharing those pics of that Sweet Special Auto (#2) that for some reason has not started flowering yet. That's really very interesting

With the all the other autos previously realeased there are no cases of plants doing this, or if there are I think it would be something like less than 5 plants per 1000. About the new Sweet Special Auto I think my colleagues don't have any kind of complaint yet, but I will contact them and let them know about your situation, I'm sure they will be very interested in it and I will also ask them if this is the first time they heard about it.

Anyway, just to be even more flagrant, if you don't mind, I would ask you to wait just for another 3 or 4 days more, then post some pics again of both Sweet Special Auto (#1) and SSA (#2) and I'll share a link with the Sweet Seeds breeders to see what they think.

With every autoflowering seed I sprout I always dream to get what you seem to be getting here, so don't feel bad mate, hehehe. I'd love to get one that only flowers with 12h of darkness per day because if that plant preserves the characteristic of a very short flowering time (the usual 32-38 days), than I could use it to develop a non-auto with a very special fast flowering characteristic. Is there any non-auto that can be ready 5 weeks after changing to 12/12? I guess you got my point, but of course quality would also have to be good... I don't know, maybe you have a non-auto Grapefruit x The Hog x Cream Caramel that can be ready in only 35 days after changing to 12/12, who knows... and if the quality and production are good that would be a mother plant that many growers would like to keep.

I always see you growing autos so I don't know if you would also be interested in a good non-auto mother plant, so maybe it can't be positive to you by no means, but that's the positive thing I would took out of this experience in case she really keeps refusing to start flowering.

And besides that, I wish the other plants you have around can manage to fill the space left by that plant in case you have to take it out of there But judging for the last pics I think the others will do a very good use of that space...

Thanks again for calling my attention to this my friend, let me know what you think about what I just wrote and I'll be back soon to follow this wonderful thread and that specific situation

Sweet regards

tommy

Thanks for having a look Tommy, and I have to admit, I didn't look at it like that, but your right, it could turn out to be an interesting strain :yes:

I do mainly grow auto's, but I'm happy to dabble in photoperiod as well, and no worries, I'll get some more pics uploaded later in the week so the people over at Sweet Seeds can have a look, my only problem though is I have no way of keeping a mother plant if she does turn out to be special :(

• Like 1