Serpent’s Return Of The Autos Featuring...

Serpent

Hi Serpent. I've just bought 3 +Speed seeds and since this is my first grow, I was wondering how would you classify it's odor by your growing experience on a scale from 1 to 10. I'm making a small carbon filter right now, but the fan is weak and i don't think it will eliminate all the smell from my closet. I'll first grow only one plant, but i'm still concerned because i have bad nosy neighbors; and i live in a small studio growing in the same room, keeping windows open all day long. Thank you for this journal, i'll trace your steps!

wot size tent ya planning to use

wot size tent ya planning to use

No tent. It's a small 75x60x40cm cupboard which i've placed in my big wardrobe. The wardrobe has the door opened a little bit for the intake tube.

Edited by Poor Man

• 3 weeks later...

.:| + Speed Auto - Reflection & Smoke Report |:.

I’m really sorry for taking what seems forever to get this smoke report up, been very busy with work, plus a family member has been in hospital for the past month so life’s been a bit of a juggling act these last few weeks to say the least, thank the canna gods my jars have been full to help me & Mrs Serpent get through this!

Thankfully I took some notes, well what I could read back of them, of how I found this plant so read on...

.:| The Grow |:.

The + Speed was a really easy plant to grow, in fact most auto’s from Sweet Seeds are really straight forward, she was also a quick plant, but not quite as quick as the claimed 49 days as mine got the chop at 63 days so she’s well worth taking her as long as you dare.

Height wise she finished at 69cm, she wasn’t supercropped and I have to say she wasn’t the prettiest plant I’ve ever grown, she also had a similar ‘droopy’ look that the Speed Devil shows, which is not surprising considering she has Speed Devil genetics and the yield was a little lower than average at 44 grams of dried buds which is just over 1 1/2 ounce.

.:| The Buds |:.

On average I’d say the buds were a little smaller and not as dense as other auto’s I’ve grown which probably helps explain the lower yield, they did have a nice bit of frosting with lots of resin, but again, not as pronounced as other autos.

The smell was also not too over powering, quite a dank smell, but sweet suitable undertones, not too fruity and not too danky, is that a word so I hope you know what I mean :)

.:| The Smoke |:.

She was quite a nice smoke, fairly smooth, not too irritating and the taste was pretty subtle, slightly fruity, but if I’m honest, it was boarding on being a little bland.

.:| The High |:.

High wise, she was a great day time smoke, you could enjoy a few joints, but still get things done, she did however come into her own when vaped as she definitely had a bigger couch lock effect over smoking, but certainly not as heavy or hard hitting as Black Jack and Cream Caramels. Vaping also give both me and the mrs the fit of giggles, so at the right level, she could also be a little uplifting.

.:| Evaluation |:.

• Bud Aroma: 6/10
  • Bud Appearance:7/10
  • Bud Density: 6/10
  • Trich Visibility: 6/10
  • Smoke Taste: 6/10
  • Smoke High: 7/10
  • Total Yield: 7/10
  • Ease Of Cultivation: 9/10

Result: 54/80 or 67.5%

Overall she’s not a bad plant, if you’re looking for a more middle weight or a day time smoke that’s easy to grow, she ticks all the boxes, but for me, she just didn’t quite have that punch or taste that I find other autos offer.

Would I Grow This Strain Again: Possibly not, but we’ll see

Would I Recommend This Strain: Yes, to a beginning, it would be ideal.

Now here’s a couple of photos...

gallery_57657_3504_106990.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_85046.jpg

Sweet Special and Mohan Ram Auto smoke reports to follow soon!

• Like 5

Sorry for not replying to these so here's my long over due replies...

nice diary mate hope to c ya posting soon

Cheers Waldo :yep:

Hey dude hope things are getting better for you :yinyang:

Look forward to the smoke reports :skin_up:

G :yinyang: :yinyang:

Thanks Gland and things are looking up a little now, just posted the +Speed report and I'll get around to the others very soon

Keep it green dude :hippy:

Hi Serpent. I've just bought 3 +Speed seeds and since this is my first grow, I was wondering how would you classify it's odor by your growing experience on a scale from 1 to 10. I'm making a small carbon filter right now, but the fan is weak and i don't think it will eliminate all the smell from my closet. I'll first grow only one plant, but i'm still concerned because i have bad nosy neighbors; and i live in a small studio growing in the same room, keeping windows open all day long. Thank you for this journal, i'll trace your steps!

It's cannabis mate, it'll smell so I'd personally get the best CF and extraction you can afford/that will fit in your space, security is of upmost importance.

Amazing pictures Serpent :guitar:

Cheers SM :yep:

• Like 3

Well look who's decided to turn up unannounced :king:

Good to see you back, hope life isn't treating you too badly :yep:

.:| Sweet Special Auto - Reflection & Smoke Report |:.

The plant I was most eager to grow out of the new 3rd Generation auto strains with its Cream Caramel, The Hog & Grapefruit lineage and it turned out to be quite an adventure as it’s well documented that there were problems with some seeds not auto flowering, out of the 2 seeds I cracked, one auto flowered and the other didn’t, so that was culled and I only flowered the one plant, but what a plant!!

As mentioned above, 1 of the seeds didn’t auto flower so obviously it was a nervous time waiting to see what she would do, alas it was never meant to be, one option was to keep her alive then switch to 12/12 once the other autos had finished, but I decided to cull her as I had a trip away planned and didn’t want to go with a grow still on, so she had to go.

The plant that did auto though turned out to be a beaut, OK she may not have been as pretty as others I’ve grown as I did frazzle a few of her leaves, but it didn’t seem to bother her in the slightest. Her structure was also similar to the Cream Caramel auto with 1 main cola and an abundance of uniformed side branches.

I also took her to 75 days, which I think she thanked me for and looking back, I do think at times I’ve chopped autos down and they could have gone a little longer.

She reached a height of 87cm when chopped, and wasn’t supercropped or trained, just left au natural with the exception of a bit of trimming. As for the yield, I was really impressed as I got 63 grams of dried bud so that’s getting close to 2 1/2 ounce and without looking back over past diaries, I think that’s a new yield record for autos I’ve grown :yahoo:

Really nice buds on this, maybe not the biggest but were fat, tight and dense with an incredible aroma, not too dissimilar to Cream Caramel, but with a danker, stronger fruity/zestier smell that really hit you hard when you broke or grinded the buds up :D They were also sticky and resinous, but not the frostiest I’ve grown, again similar to the Cream Caramel, the Black Jack still keeps the crown for trich abundance, but that didn’t affect the incredible buzz...

The Sweet Special is a really nice smoke, one to savour, not in the slightest bit irritating when smoked in a spliff or vaped which is when the taste really comes through, definitely a fruity danky hit.

Both me and Mrs Serpent really enjoy this strain, she was mellow enough to smoke during the day and still get things done, yet could easily kick your arse into next week when vaped through our new beloved Volcano in a night time session to give that classic indica dom couch lock followed by severe munchies, in other words, she was a really good all-rounder.

• Bud Aroma: 8.5/10
  • Bud Appearance:8/10
  • Bud Density: 7.5/10
  • Trich Visibility: 7/10
  • Smoke Taste: 8.5/10
  • Smoke High: 8.5/10
  • Total Yield: 9/10

Result: 66/80 or 82.5%

She has actually scored slightly lower than the Cream Caramel in my other diary, but upon reflection, I might have been a little over zealous and scored her a little high as she has been a long time fave, but the Sweet Special is certainly up there with the Cream Caramel, if not slightly ahead.

Would I Grow This Strain Again: Absolutely, just as long as Sweet Seeds nail the auto flowering aspect

Would I Recommend This Strain: As above

Here’s a couple of photos

gallery_57657_3504_31124.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_8434.jpg

Mohan Ram Auto smoke reports to follow soon & keep it green :hippy:

• Like 3

Well look who's decided to turn up unannounced :king:

Good to see you back, hope life isn't treating you too badly :yep:

How goes it ED, long time no speak and yeah life has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride these last few weeks, we're getting there though.

How's tricks?

• Like 2

your smoke reports are so accurate serpent its scary ..the +speed ..especially ,youve put into words exactly how that strain is .

your smoke reports are so accurate serpent its scary ..the +speed ..especially ,youve put into words exactly how that strain is .

Thanks vince, well apart from my bad english ;)

top stuff serpent, do you use a fan controller in your tent?

Thanks DH and no I don't use a fan controller.

Edited by Serpent

.:| Mohan Ram Auto - Reflection & Smoke Report |:.

This proved to be quite an interesting grow as well as the 2 seeds I cracked turned into 2 different plants in terms of size/yield as MR#1 was a lot shorter/squatter than MR#2, but similar in terms of structure, high & smoke which I will state now as being the strongest auto strain I’ve grown to date, no messing, which I’m putting a lot down to its White Widow genetics, a smoke I used to enjoy a lot in the Dam during the late 90’s/early 00’s.

Another straight forward plant to grow and as much as I liked the squatness of MR#1, who reached just 61 cm, I do prefer to try and get my auto’s bigger, the bigger the structure the more it’ll yield, well that’s my theory anyway and I have to say, despite her slow start, MR#2 was near on a perfect grow (for me), chopped at 72 days she reached a manageable 75cm and yield was up there with the best of them at 61 grams, with MR#1 sadly only managing to scrape 40 grams.

I have to say, this is the smelliest auto’s I’ve grown, an incredible skunky dank smell with a fresh zesty aroma which you just know is going to knock your socks off.

The buds are also really dense, just the way you think buds full of THC goodness should be, there also quite sticky with resin build up and a nice abundance of trichs, still not quite up to the Black Jack level, but ahead of the Cream Caramel and Sweet Special and like with a lot of bud, once it’s broke up and grinded, the smell is just unleashed, awesome!

Again another quality smoke, a lot ‘heavier’ taste and aroma to the other auto’s I’ve grown and the vape from the volcano was thick clouds so it did tickle the throat a little more than what I’m used to, but that’s far from a complaint as you knew you were getting a hit of something special.

A complete knock out high, very indica dominant with that classic couch lock, I also found myself having to be careful when smoking this during the day, as it could quite easily get to the point where I just couldn’t be arsed to do anything except sit there, chill out to tunes with a stoned grin on my face.

We also had a session of this on the Volcano with some friends from away who visited, they have no idea that we grow and tbh it knocked the so-called street ‘cheese’ he brought with him into the dust, in fact at one point during the night he said he’s hasn’t been this stoned since last time he was in Amsterdam a few years ago! He’s an everyday toker (although relies on dealer weed) so getting the thumbs up from him put an even bigger grin on my face as little did he know it was grown feet away from where he was sat :D

• Bud Aroma: 9/10
  • Bud Appearance:8.5/10
  • Bud Density: 8.5/10
  • Trich Visibility: 8/10
  • Smoke Taste: 8.5/10
  • Smoke High: 9/10
  • Total Yield: 9/10

Result: 69.5/80 or 86.88%

So there you go, I think we have a new favourite auto, everything about it impressed me, she was ready at a reasonable time, she stayed at a manageable height, had a main cola as fat as my fist and the smoke was first class, I’ve never smoked the Photoperiod strain but the auto has gotta be close.

I should point out that I’ve taken these scores and made my conclusion from MR#2, maybe a little bit of bias on my behalf as if MR#1 was taken into account, it would have scored lower, but I’ll say it again, this plant really did impress me!

Would I Grow This Strain Again: Damn right I would

Would I Recommend This Strain: As above

And here's some bud photos from both plants

gallery_57657_3504_80684.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_108211.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_64463.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_40416.jpg

I guess this brings yet another diary to a close, apologies again for not being around much the last few weeks, but you all know what life can throw at you & it’s not always possible to spend time on here.

Once again I’d like to thank UK420, Sweet Seeds, Tommy and everyone who popped their head into my diaries and of course voted for me for Grower Of The Month, you’ll be pleased to know, the Volcano is doing its job, an amazing piece of kit.

Good luck with the rest of the comp everyone, I’ll try and have a peep in peoples diaries to see how you’re getting on and most of all stay stoned :hippy:

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kushadelic2010

Hey again Serpent,

Im proud to say I am the proud owner of..

1x mohan ram (auto)

2x green poison (autos)

1x sweet cheese (auto)

& 1 critical + (auto)

OR IT IS a critical jack (auto) :huh:

((not sure as these 2 seeds were mixed up lol))

On the go in my drobe, they are about 2 weeks old now. the specs of the drobe are similar to your tent so hopefully things will go ok.

The Mohan Ram looks delicious and I've been waiting a while to do some, only 1 out of 3 germed though. The one that made it looks healthy enough, so im pleased I have at least 1 going :yahoo:

All the best & +rep for another effortless auto grow :D

Stay safe dude

Kush

:guitar::yinyang:

Edited by kushadelic2010
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

lovin it lovin it lovin put my first 9 autos in today never grown them before well done to serpent ive found everything i need to know amongst these pages. keep up the good work

• Like 1