How Many Plants In My Space

Owderb

Seeing as I've just seen the thread bumped I have just got 22.5oz from one 600w in a 1.2 tent which is my PB in a tent 😊

I had 9 plants in coco in 6.5ltr pots

Like I've said many times before you don't need huge pots you just need to balance it out ☺

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 7

Guest Kipper420

Im doin 4 in 10ltr pots in a square metre under 600w this time round. Was doin more in 6.5ltrs but found it a real ballache. Finding it much easier with the four. Might need to go up pot size to 15ltr but wel see after this run

If you're in the compost salty then go for it dude, but if you're in the coco stik with the 10ltrs. I do 4 in in 10L under a 600W, if I upped to 1K I would just up the pots to 15L

My rule of thumb is for every half oz I want, I use a litre of coco. So under a 600W use 40 litres and in the past ive got between 18-20oz. split the litreage between pot sizes ? Might be a load of old balls but its worked for me!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

How do you rate that light and which reflector are you using (zeta or delta)? @@Owderb Been considering it as it looks like it has a squarer/rounder throw of light than the gavita (which are made for overlap and give out a very oblong throw ,apparently).. Cheers.

I'm assuming the delta mate. I didn't know it came with 2 but the Zeta seems as though that's the one you can buy separately.

As I've said a few posts ago I beat my PB in a tent with it so yes mate I do rate it. I now have a 2.4 tent and have a gavita along side it

Owd

• Like 1

There's also a new(er) philips called the E pappilon I'm wondering if anyone's used yet? I's hard to find out which of the 3 should be best for single light setups, and the papillon isn't normally sold by grow-shops (philips moving away from the 'grow' sector apparently). Whazzup of gavita rates the gavita and DGS who sells the e-papillon, rates the e-papillon , surprisingly lol.... Don't suppose by any random chance anyone has seen or better, compared all 3? They all use the same bulb(s), but on paper the gavita has a 'closed' reflector and claims 97% reflector efficiency, and suggests it should be replaced once yearly, whereas the papillon says its 92% light efficient but only loses ~1% efficiency per year. Are they much of a muchness or is the light spread significantly different?

Just what I was after, thanks @@KingBlueRizla

For other skeptics of 'independant testing' videos I checked their site and they do sell both, so unless the papillon's have horrible margins it seems safe to say it's gavita ftw, nice.. Guess I'll wait for Owd's verdict on the hortilux vs gavita, gives me a chance to save up too lol Cheers.

• Like 2

Was the 1000w I saw them

Stuck my hand under it and must admit it was pretty cool

How do the refelctors rate compared with say a growstar.

Like the look of these but Is it really worth the extra over say a digi ballast and growstar combo