How Many Plants In My Space

Owderb

Well, I have exactly 1.2 square and huge amount of autoflowering seeds, with 600W HPS system + Diamond reflector.

What if I fill all 1.2 square with autos, idk 8-10 plants in 6.5L pots. also add some extra light for sidebuds.

Growing bible coming this week, still i have to calculate the amount of my plants.

Cheers :guitar:

Yep, I think you'd be much better off putting at least 8-10 odd in there with auto's. I'd say look into some reports of how big your auto strains get and work out how many you will be able to fit and cram as many in as possible. I don't have much experience with autos, but as far as I know they should flower straight away, not getting much more than a couple of foot tall. If that is the case for your strains, you might be able to cram a lot more than ten in. You may get away with 3.5 litre pots too, though I'm not sure, you'll have to research ideal pot size for autos.

After you've grown the first lot you will know exactly how many you can fit.

Total Newbie Alert

I've just started growing 17 white widow x big bud from seed.

My grow room is enclosed and measures 5ft x 3ft and is approx 7 feet high.

I have two 600W grow lights but am wondering if this would produce too much heat in the growing space.

Should I stick with the 2 x 600 as planned or would one be sufficient?

Also I have 11 L pots- would it be okay to stick with these or would it be better to go for smaller pots.

doesn't matter if you use one or two if your room is totally air tight you need the right amount of ventilation to exchange the air so heat doesn't build up but with the right amount of ventilation one 600 is enough for a 5x3

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed

Guest kushadelic2010

hi there, iv got a 3foot squared 'drobe to work with, and about 5 foot of headroom. i was thinking of using a 400 watt HPS for maybe a 2-4 plant flowering chamber? (as i have already made a seperate vegging chamber). and was just wondering what any of your thoughts are on this? from what ive already read the 250w may be more appropriate considering the 3x3ft space. sorry if any/all of these questions have already been answered, just tired of trawling through irrelevent posts.

Thanks muchly =]

Edited by kushadelic2010

• 2 weeks later...

informative stuff OWD wonderderd about why coir better in bigger pots I thought coir was a medium empty of nutes a bit like peat?Anyway if you see a bloke in a smokescreen fighting a massive fish come and net it for me cheers Ps check out my pot design thread you might have a laugh at my naieve first post nearly last ha ha ,Good luck P of P Grow for it Muddy

• 3 weeks later...

so im gona scrog my next grow, my growdrobe is 27x50x84 inch (63 cubic feet) obviously the more plants i put in there the quicker it will fill my screen but will it give more yield?

no point in having more plants than i need as more plants will make it even more awkward to get under the screen. :wallbash:

good post i normally do 8 plants in a dr 240 with 2x 600w veg about 5 weeks the last yield was 34 oz and 9g just off 7 (one got pulled out early) the thing is at the moment i have 12 in there been vegin 2 weeks there in 14l buckets coco 5 of them 11L pots the plan was to pull 4 or 5 out seeing as there all looking good would you say i would see the same yield if if i kept 12 with less veg or are the pots and buckets to big ? and how big would you let the 12 get befor flowering thanks in advance all the best stone mad

Read the thread mate, thats the whole point of it lol

:rofl:

Aye, its funny how folks ask the same question over and again, done it myself once or twice.... :rofl:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hellow geezers and cultural cultivators! :guitar: Ive got a 1.2 x 1.2 x 185 (m) currently have 6 blue cheese under a ScroG, lookin proper healthy, 5 have been FIM'd and one left normal to grow, have horizontally trained them, went on 28 day veg and must have gotten around the 2' mark if I didnt train them, also under a 600w dual spec sunmaster lamp 5" c.e fan and an 180 mm circulation fan + a 30cm, Id upload some piccies but its hassle tryna resize )= :wallbash:

a very intresting thread

i always use 7.5 and aim to get 2oz ive acheived this loads of time but always aim for a bit more every time using the same pots :guitar:

• 2 weeks later...

ok i have 11 mixed strain plants in a converted atic storage space !! 2.2m by 1.2 and 1.2m high and running 2x600hps with 8" ruck fan for exaust and 14" intake from rafters of the house . now after years got my inviroment about spot on so we shall see how i yeild at the end , all in 10l pots b&q multi purpose 20% perlite and no nutes apart from a little pm bio silicon and catalist and vegged for 6 weeks now on day 17 of flower!!! heres my bloom room !!post-67712-0-72869300-1337463009_thumb.jpg i think 11 to the space and lighting is about right for me anyway !! peace :smokin: