How Many Plants In My Space

Owderb

Hi @@ElmoGrow, I did 16 under each 600 but they got a bit big in veg waiting for the flower tent to become free so I topped them a second time.

They grew into a better canopy but the pot sizes stopped the buds getting to any real size and everything under the canopy that wasn't trimmed was shit. Yield wasn't any better than when I did single cola.

I think that if doing 16 under a 600 in a 1.2 then you need 6 5L pots and topped just once so you get 4 good main colas, no more than that, trim the rest.

This time I'm doing 36 in 3.5's as I only averaged 20g per plant last time and was too low. I hope to get at least 14g average per plant by growing single cola and trimming bottom bits.

I took the cuttings yesterday, 30x Nonames, 24x Beta C, 12x Smile & 6x #1.

Should be rooted in two weeks and potted up into 1.8s. They'll get a week or two in those and then potted up into the finals for two weeks before flipping.

Lets get it on!

RR

Edited by Road_Runner

@@Road_Runner Yeah that's why I was thinking 3.5s because u can fit 6 rows of 6 in a meter square. When I did a test run for the single colas I just kept trimming every few days up until 3 weeks flower. Trimming anything that started to grow out to the side. I think you'll get an oz per plant mate easy. I'll try and upload a pic of one that I got an oz on hang on

Edited by ElmoGrow

Hi @@ElmoGrow, I did 16 under each 600 but they got a bit big in veg waiting for the flower tent to become free so I topped them a second time.

They grew into a better canopy but the pot sizes stopped the buds getting to any real size and everything under the canopy that wasn't trimmed was shit. Yield wasn't any better than when I did single cola.

I think that if doing 16 under a 600 in a 1.2 then you need 6 5L pots and topped just once so you get 4 good main colas, no more than that, trim the rest.

This time I'm doing 36 in 3.5's as I only averaged 20g per plant last time and was too low. I hope to get at least 14g average per plant by growing single cola and trimming bottom bits.

I took the cuttings yesterday, 30x Nonames, 24x Beta C, 12x Smile & 6x #1.

Should be rooted in two weeks and potted up into 1.8s. They'll get a week or two in those and then potted up into the finals for two weeks before flipping.

Lets get it on!

RR

Check my gallery mate I've just uploaded a pic of one I done, that was in a 1 litre pot with no veg. It's split into 2 colas because I took a cutting off it after a few days in flower, I got an oz off that plant

• 3 months later...

I currently have four (maybe five) killer skunk's in a 1.2m tent with a choice of 600w or 1kw lamp in a parabolic, is there any point using the 1kw lamp with 11ltr pots in a scrog?

I'm finding it hard to get any info on flowering four under 1kw.

Cheers Owd,

I have a high powered 200mm and low powered 150mm Ruck so hopefully temps shouldn't be a problem.

Would you try and find 15ltr pots or just stick with the 11's?

I'm using compost not coco.

• 2 months later...

What a great thread... anyone care to hazard a guess at what i may yield...

I have two warlocks in 15l airpots, coco as a medium under 1 600w hps. vegged for about 4 weeks. Growing in a 4x4 space.

Hi guys, after some advice if poss..

After a couple of disappointing grows I really want to get it right this time!

I have a dr150 in the loft , running a 600 watt hps with 5" fan n filter..

Obviously this light is not enough to light the whole tent , is this a problem? If I keep my plants within the footprint of the light , surely that is ok , right?

At present I have 9 seedlings at 1 week old in tiny pots , looking to pot up in a day or two to 2l pots, was gonna then pot up to 6-7 ltr pots to see them thru to finish , aiming to veg for 4-5 weeks , and top once or twice.. Does this sound like a good idea , will 4-5 weeks veg on 9 plants be sufficient for 1-1.5 oz per plant? Are 6 litre pots big enough ? Or would you let them grow naturally and veg slightly less? So many options so little time !!

Ps I'm vegging under the hps , strain is nirvana Wonder Woman

Edited by L3D

• 1 month later...

Depends on veg time tbh anywhere from 4-16 but it upto you mate the more plants the more stress your gonna go through

• 2 weeks later...

Im doin 4 in 10ltr pots in a square metre under 600w this time round. Was doin more in 6.5ltrs but found it a real ballache. Finding it much easier with the four. Might need to go up pot size to 15ltr but wel see after this run