How Many Plants In My Space

Owderb

Hi owd, thanks for the info this is exactly what I am looking for for my next grow. I'm going to be using a 2x2 tent, 400w hps n duel spec bulb with 4in in and a 5in out. I'm looking to start of with seeds of 2 strains, looking for best male and female in making seeds with 1 branch and clone for back cross and future grows. I want to maximise yeld as much as possible. What would you recommend the best way to achieve this? Any shed of light on this would be much help. Thanks

Guest Rebel

can i ask as a guide how long will you veg in terms of taking up space and the yield given the amount of time vegged?

hi rebel yea sorry it would help if i put the info the first place lol.

im looking at maybe a 3 month time frame with bout 20reg seeds 10 of each strain.

thank

Guest Rebel

oh im useless mate lol i cant help you, im reading myself this topic about how many plants. It says about pot size for yield but how long would you veg a plant before going into flower to say hit the 2oz?

Till the pots are rooted out, till u can remove the plant from the pot without too much loose soil, the roots should fill the pot before flipping ideally

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone help me please as my head hurts and math is not my strong point.

im growing in a dr90 (google says thats 2.95275591ft x 2.95275591ft) with a 600w. im mixing it up between 5x 10 inch 25cm ( they are homebase pots sorry im not sure what that is in l, i think its 10l?) and 5x 6.5l pots (using soil) but getting the same sort of yield each time at 13/14oz.

ideally should i be using bigger pots/less plants or more/smaller plants? so say 14l pots with 6 week veg time would that yield 150gram per plant?

Edited by fearofsailing

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to start on my growing journey.

As with any '1st grow', I need help.

My space is 2' deep x 6' wide x 7' tall. It's a tall, narrow double wardrobe.

I have bought 2 x 15l oxypots (pot with air stone).

I am using a 400w mh in veg and 400w hps in flower.

With this space, does anyone think its possible to hit the 200g per plant needed for a g/watt?

And here's the key question, what should I do to achieve it? I've thought scrog, but with all that vertical space, I feel I'm not getting the most out of the room.

Any help appreciated?

• Like 1

You should try and have a slightly shorter/ squarer space with a 400w really dude.

As Owd says aiming for around 50 watts per square foot is best! Your six foot length will be well under lit at the ends I reckon.

I did a few grows in a space a similar size but 3.5 foot long sort of partitioned off with a 400w and hit a gpw a couple of times in compost.

(There are diaries of some of them! But I'm on a phone sorry! I tried 6 plants in 6 litre pots, 3 and 4 in 11 litre pots, 2 in 15 litre pots and all these combos gave a least one gpw grow. :)

Although in some the plants looked very hard done by.. lol )

Good luck mate!

Edit to add, @@mrpoker 7 foot height is not a lot once you get the fan and filter and light hanging!

Scrog or some sort of training will definitely be in order. :yep:

Edited by Stonehenge

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great thread I have just started some serious seeds kali mist & kali bubba they

Are in 4ins pots I will pot up into 6.5ltr for flower any idea what height I should flower

Em as I heard they stretch big time I have 11 seedlings in a dr100

• 3 months later...

@@FARMER G:

i usually flower in 3.5ltr pots with the numbers around 7-8 plants depending on vars , my space is just under 3 x 3 if i remember correctly with around 4-5ft head room , i use a 400w hps for lighting , i would say my average yield to be around 350-375g`s so i guess i hit around 40-50g per plant depending as said on vars , i am currently using Scorg for my method of grow and its my first time aswell , growing out a 12 week LOT#5 in a 11 ltr pot and she`s huge ! do you guys think this will be ample enough for a reltivly ok yield if enviro factors are in place ? was thinking around 1oz per ltr of soil used ? any input or thoughts would be most welcome :yes:

Hey Farmer - we seem to have a similar set-up and I was wondering if this is still your process? Anything to add since you posed this in 2011 :)

Hi Veg,

I'm doing a SoG this time, 16 plants (4x4) under each 600.

I ended up vegging a total of 7 weeks from seed and they've filled the space nicely but have side branches.

Next run will be the same from seed again but after that I'm doing cuts from a mum and will go with 25 (5x5) and cram them close so hopefully just single colas.

You could achieve 1g/w with just rooted cuts but I think you'll need 36 plants in 3.5l's to do it.

I'm using 3.5l pots and am aiming for 1oz per plant.

I'm gonna go for 25 in 3.5l but only veg until they have roots showing rather than let them fill the pots like I did this time.

Hey @@Road_Runner - how did you get on with this?

Cheers!

NC

I'm still doing 16 (4x4) in 3.5s

Was going to do 5x5 this run but gonna test some Beta C and Noname so will wait till run after that.

This time I topped each plant when young and then again the day before I flipped. It filled out more of a canopy and I expect yield to be a touch better, if slightly more airbud because of lack of penetration.

I think I'm going to do 16 in 6.5l pots, single cola, as well and see how that turns out...

RR

Edited by Road_Runner
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still doing 16 (4x4) in 3.5s

Was going to do 5x5 this run but gonna test some Beta C and Noname so will wait till run after that.

This time I topped each plant when young and then again the day before I flipped. It filled out more of a canopy and I expect yield to be a touch better, if slightly more airbud because of lack of penetration.

I think I'm going to do 16 in 6.5l pots, single cola, as well and see how that turns out...

RR

Did u try doing the single colas in the end? I've been interested in doing it this way for a while now, I did a little test with a couple of 1 litre pots in my flower tent. I potted up cuttings as soon as they rooted into 1litres and put straight into flower with no veg at all. 4 of them yielded around 20 grams, one was 28g and another was 33! Now I'm thinking about doing my whole flower tent this way in maybe 2 litre pots or 3.5litre. The 1 litres were fully rooted out but I'm not sure the 3.5s would with no veg. I'm going on a bit now but in theory you can get some ridiculous yields this way.

Elmo

Edit that was in coco under a 600

Edited by ElmoGrow
  • Like 1