How Many Plants In My Space

Owderb

I find 6.5 Litre pots to be just about perfect for flowering, and given a dialled in grow room, they can produce 2 - 2.5 Oz per plant, depending on strain.

Crowding isn't all bad, mine are quite tightly packed in and they still produce the goods.

• Like 1

I am thinking of moving to a DR120 with a 1000w and 8" extraction. I usually 4 plant scrog, but have been upping the numbers to cut the veg times recently. I am looking to hit 1gpw with minimal veg time. Would 36 x 6ltrs been too much, and could my target be reached with fewer plants, but still maintain a short veg time?

Edited by SAPFO

I am thinking of moving to a DR120 with a 1000w and 8" extraction. I usually 4 plant scrog, but have been upping the numbers to cut the veg times recently. I am looking to hit 1gpw with minimal veg time. Would 36 x 6ltrs been too much, and could my target be reached with fewer plants, but still maintain a short veg time?

i suppose the target would be rached mate but would be a bugger to water ! :headpain:

FG :wink:

• Like 1

In my next grow I'm going down the 6.5 ltr route, right now i'm in 11L but is it really necessary?

After reading Owderb and Arnold's posts it makes sense

Edited by TheDamMan
  • Like 2

In my next grow I'm going down the 6.5 ltr route, right now i'm in 11L but is it really necessary?

After reading Owderb and Arnold's posts it makes sense

me too

I too have changed from 11ltr to 6.5ltr, hitting just under 2oz a plant so far, 9 plants under a 600 para

Gunner

I've been growing in hydro for years but this grow I'm doing a soil and hydro grow with 2 tents, same 600w lights under Grostar Parabolics,the Canna nuits in hydro and terra using the Rhizo, Cannazyn, boost and a splash of pk13/14 etc etc.

The DWC buckets have outclassed the soil for me in growth and bud size, but I was exepecting that, I've never done a soil grow from 10 years so it may be down to my growing, but I reckon in soil I can do more managable plants, in an area of 2 x DR120 tents get a better crop with many plants in 6.5 ltr pots rather than big plants in hydro even though they're topped and trained.

I'm going to do more reading up but I reckon the average would be 2OZ per plant in 6.5 ltr?

Edited by TheDamMan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well maybe yall can help me I have a 600 mh and I got 6ft of head room 5ftw x 2.5 would this be a problem to raise my babies in a 5lt pot. How many can I put in the there and a good soil to use with them this would be my second grow my first was done with poting soil and they are pretty skimpy I useing flora nova and there pretty skimpy I need help friends.

Without bigging up the PM stuff too much, again. I'd recommend the Plant Magic Soil Supreme and PM Organic Oldtimer Grow & Bloom.

Loads use it so you will get support and also it is custom made by an english company for our plant/water.

:yinyang:

Edited by DJCW420
  • Like 1

www.greenshorticulture.co.uk

is the advised site to use... they are fast/discreet.

i get mine locally to smuggle in as required!

most hydro stores near you will do it.

google maps hydroponics store, check the websites, if they do, go get your stuff.

Edited by DJCW420

That's what I love about this site help when you need it thanks guys. So as far as space in the forum wat do you recommend size pots and how many 600mh super space 6ft tall 5ft wide x 2.5 all help is truly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

thanks for the info...i've got 4 girls in 5 ltr pots at moment with 400w hps in a dr90..my final pot size will now be 9 ltr instead of 11 ltr(after reading this).....will this be ok?.....this is my first grow and is in soil...thanks again..